PDA

View Full Version : subtle shift in perception

Jay Cee
07-28-2011, 06:00 AM
Something just kind of twigged in my brain yesterday, and I felt like I was seeing the world from a female perspective. It was subtle, but it was definitely there. Hard to describe – it was like looking at everything from an ever so slightly different angle. Maybe I've felt it before, but simply didn't acknowledge it. I dunno.

Is this common? Does it sneak up on you like that? I'm not on hormones yet, so that isn't it.

KrystalA
07-28-2011, 06:39 AM
This is an interesting thread. I've felt the same way many times. It isn't really a conscious thing, its more like something deep inside coming closer to the surface without realizing it. Seeing an attractive gal in a cute outfit, and instead of thinking she's hot, wondering how I'd look in that outfit. Happens to me all the time.

Aprilrain
07-28-2011, 09:18 AM
Yes I noticed my focus shifting from one spot to another before I ever started hormones. For instance I never paid much attention to smells before but months before I started hormones my wife commented on who often I was talking about this or that smell. Usually bad LOL

Wendy_Marie
07-28-2011, 09:27 AM
I think you are on to something here....
I have had similiar perceptions at times as you relate here and have come more and more to rely on what I refer to as my female brain's perspective.
it is part of what makes us who we are and I really do like it myself.

Pythos
07-28-2011, 11:07 AM
I think this may be a placebo effect. Something that has always been in your mind, but hidden away by society is waking up due to your new found freedom.

I would not necessarily tag it with "feminine" though. How about, more enlightened, or more awake to your world with the release of repression.