PDA

View Full Version : What dress should Suzy choose when she goes to meet a real ghost!

suzy1
07-28-2011, 12:48 PM
I do some work for an old lady and we have become good friends over the years. She is a real English lady. She was even a friend of Haig, the acid bath murderer in the 40s. She did not know he was a serial killer at the time.
She lives alone in an old rambling house out in the country. She has told me meny times about her “ghost” which she is not scared of at all.
But the history surrounding the house and its ghost is a bit frightening.
Well she is going away to stay with her daughter in L.A. for a week and wants me to look after the house for her. She has even invited me to stay overnight and see the ghost for myself as I am a bit of a sceptic.
So that’s exactly what I am going to do! And take the chance to dress up as well.
I am taking my camera as you never know.
I am not making this up and I will post any pictures I take and fill you in on the history of the house. It’s not very nice.

SUZY

Nikki A.
07-28-2011, 12:59 PM
I'd say something formal. After all the ghost may want to stay for High Tea and a girl must be dressed appropietly.
Besides if he scares the bejesus out of you at least the long dress will hide the stains.

kimdl93
07-28-2011, 01:01 PM
is it a woman ghost or a male ghost? I don't know if that matters, but since you'll be staying over night, you'll need something nice for dinner, something casual for lounging around before bed and of course, a cute nighty and robe for wandering around the house ghost hunting in the late night!

suzy1
07-28-2011, 01:10 PM
is it a woman ghost or a male ghost? I don't know if that matters, but since you'll be staying over night, you'll need something nice for dinner, something casual for lounging around before bed and of course, a cute nighty and robe for wandering around the house ghost hunting in the late night!

It seems to be a women who lived in the house in the 1800s
There is a large painting of her upstairs. I will take a picture of her [and hopefully the ghost too]

SUZY

Cynthia Anne
07-28-2011, 01:31 PM
I would wear somthing very sexy and watch that goast swing to a different tune!:devil::tongueout:D hugs!

Philipa Jane
07-28-2011, 01:35 PM
Id say something you can easily wash in case of accidents when it scares the crap out of you. LOL

PJ

JodieGreen
07-28-2011, 01:41 PM
heh i swear up and down my old house was haunted.

I'd find things in the basement in odd locations i know for 100% fact me or anyone else hadn't touched. I'd hear abnormal rythmic creeks sometimes in the night.

like one time my Washing machine soap was at the top of the steps placed directly in the middle, when just a few minutes ago it was on top of the washing machine.

Sometimes my dog would bark like crazy at the door to the basement, i'd open it up expecting a crack head or something to be down there, and nope nothing... nothing at all but the dog is acting and whining like someone is. not even a rodent or animal down there. looked all over and nothing!!!

Lol if you see her, just remember to be respectful, after all your in her house messin with her stuff dispite the fact that shes dead.

might want to brush up on the ghostbusters movies and carry a proton pack.

Anne2345
07-28-2011, 02:36 PM
There is a large painting of her upstairs. I will take a picture of her [and hopefully the ghost too]

WoooOOoooo wooOOooooOoo woOOooOOooooo . . . . (this is my best attempt at reducing scary ghost wailings to writing. but the credit must go to sophie, as she wrote similar scary noises a few months back)

What a fantastic opportunity, though!

Given the house you describe, and that there is a large painting of the woman pre-ghost, I would imagine she must have been a proper, well to-do, english lady. If on the off chance you just happen to have an 1800s period dress in your wardrobe (given your massive wardrobe, of which I am quite envious, I would not be surprised), perhaps with a crinoline and all, you should wear it to increase the chance of the ghost coming out. What circa 1800s ghost would not want to come out for a properly made up Suzy! A nice bottle of wine, a camera, all dressed up, and the company of a ghost - that sounds like an exciting evening to me!

Great post, and keep us updated!

Ellen Renee Edwards
07-28-2011, 08:28 PM

SUZY

You can't always go by the picture, she might just be a trans-ghost.

docrobbysherry
07-28-2011, 08:33 PM
I suggest an, "Alice in Wonderland" look, Suzy. That simplistic kind of naivety should make ANY ghost sympathetic!

Rachel Morley
07-28-2011, 08:39 PM
If she's from the 1800's I suggest a dress that is in keeping with that era. Ok, perhaps not a full on gown of the period but how about something long and floaty :)

GaleWarning
07-28-2011, 09:00 PM
Very interesting, Suzy. I await the outcome! What would your friend suggest you wear?