PDA

View Full Version : Asking questions IRL

Steph.TS
07-28-2011, 01:06 PM
I'm still in the closet but I want to ask some women I know questions like how they got their ears pierced or if they have any advice but I don't want to seem wierd or come out/have her think I'm gay or anything. should I just leave my questions on here/support group?

Cynthia Anne
07-28-2011, 01:42 PM
Steph! I would just walk in and say I want to get my ears pierced! They don't care and besides, nowadays it's no big deal! I walked into a Walmart twice in 1988 and got mine pierced! As far as others questions, unless there too personal please ask away! Could make for another interesting thread! Hugs to you girl!

Eryn
07-28-2011, 03:20 PM
Steph, your question is so normal that it's almost boring! :)

There are a lot of places that will happily pierce your ears, from body piercing studios to kiosks at the mall. They all do basically the same thing. Which you choose depends upon your own comfort and need for privacy.

Now, most adult GGs have had their ears pierced for just about forever so techniques might have changed in the intervening decades!

RenneB
07-28-2011, 03:34 PM
As soon as I get a real job offer, it's on my list of things to do. To keep it still on the qt though, I heard that medium diameter clear fishing line with one end flattened on an iron works really well.. I am soo tired of clipons.

Renne.....

Polly R
07-28-2011, 04:42 PM
Evening gurls!

First to Renne...

Unfortunately, you have to keep the starter studs in for quite a few weeks - as I've found out. I tried to be clever and chose really small diameter studs to be unobtrusive but, as I have to be in man mode at work and for most of the time at home, as my wife said, they do look a bit girly. Should have made a statement at the start and 'gone large'. I got some small, clear, medical grade plastic 'labaret retainers' to replace my studs after a couple of weeks - these have a small diameter flattened end and a (very) small clip on plug to retain them. They are almost invisible - much like the fishing line trick.

Now to Steph and the others...

There are several ways to have them pierced. In the UK there are places in the malls. Didn't fancy them. Likewise tatoo and piercing parlours - always seem a bit seedy over here. I found a nice beauty parlour that did facials for men. They were scrupulously clean and did piercing with the gun. Hummed and haared and eventually went for it. Very professional, explained everything, thoroughly cleansed my ears and click, click with a sterile, use once end to the gun for each ear. Honestly didn't feel a thing then have followed rigorously the 3x / day cleansing routine and absolutely no problems in the month since. Will be able to try some proper earrings in a couple of weeks though the advice is to stick with lightweight post type rings for the first 6 months and to put your starter studs back in overnight.

So, the choice is yours... To do or not to do. THAT is the question. (Oh, and how...)

Hope that helps

xx Polly

Danni Renee
07-29-2011, 09:06 AM
Well, I think the real question here is how do you have girl talk with women you are friends with because you want their advice but you do not want to give any indication of your dressing.

First, I think this is a great place to get advice. I read a lot of information here on how to do things that have been invaluable. But I also have that desire for "girl talk" with women in person. I now have a supportive SO that takes care of my questions most of the time but occassionally I do try to talk with other females.

Typically, I play the "dumb guy" stunt and ask open ended questions. Example: I was at Walmart 2 days ago and the woman at the counter had beautiful nails. Instead of telling her she had beautiful nails and asking her where she had them done, I instead said: "I have never seen nails painted like that, how did you do it?" At that point the woman happily told me how it was done, where it was done, and how much it cost.

So instead of asking how they got their ears pierced, instead say something like: "I do not think I could ever get my ears pierced. It looks like it would hurt and be hard to sleep on." Most women are going to jump at the chance to tell you everything about ear piercings because they want to prove you wrong! You just have to keep the conversation going until you get the information you want.

kimdl93
07-29-2011, 10:48 AM
Am I correct in understanding that you are looking for more information that just "how they got their ears pierced"? I thinnk the first thing you need to do is get past the fear of seeming wierd or gay. Second, chose the women you wish to confide in very carefully. You can usually learn whether a person is trustworth and open minded after a few conversations on other subjects. Here's a tip - listen more and talk less. Once you know women well enough, you can start asking questions.