PDA

View Full Version : Finally know who I am

bethw
07-28-2011, 06:42 PM
Hi All;

I'm not surenthis is the right section to post this but here goes. Deep breath.

I want to apologize for being gone so long. I have been having a major identity crisis. I thought for the longest time that I was a CD but after many months of soul searching I have come to realize that I am transsexual. This was a major breakthrough for me. I realized that Beth and I are one in the same. I am a woman and should have been from the start. I am looking for a therapist in the central NJ area and as soon as I find one I will begin my journey. I know I'm old for this at 62 but I just can'r go on much longer this way. I know my wife, who I adore, will probably not understand but I HAVE to do this. I am probably going to start self medicating in the interim but my GP knows about Beth and is understanding. She has no experience with TGs but is very sympathetic and is trying to help. I will keep you all informed as my journey unfolds.
Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as you all are in mine.
Hugs
Beth

Rianna Humble
07-28-2011, 07:02 PM
Hi Beth, it's never too late to face up to who we are! :hugs:

I hope that you can find a gentle way to help your wife understand that this is not an option for you, neither is it a choice.

I understand your impatience, but I would strongly urge you not to self-medicate. Please at least discuss this with your GP. There can be all sorts of complications if you get the levels wrong, at least your GP would be able to monitor your progress.

I look forward to reading about your adventures in Womanland

GypsyKaren
07-28-2011, 07:32 PM
Yep, never too old, I didn't have my surgery until I was 55 and now it's the best time of my life. Start out low on the 'mones, it's not an overnight process.

Karen Starlene :star:

Kelsy
07-29-2011, 04:52 AM
Hey Beth,

I am happy for your breakthrough and self discovery
I think getting therapy is good idea - self medicating w/ hormones at 62yrs not so much! I can't advocate
unsupervised hormone use especially at our age. It has very real risks. Even under a doctor’s care the risks are there
but are at least monitored. If you have had blood pressure, clotting or circulatory problems be very careful.
With three months of therapy and a diagnosis of GID you can proceed with HRT safely.

Good luck
Kelsy

bethw
07-29-2011, 11:20 AM
Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts. I will be very careful and discuss the hrt with my GP befor doing anything.
Hugs to all
Beth

Jean Marie
07-29-2011, 11:52 AM
I was 65 when I started my female hormone therapy

Angiemead12
07-29-2011, 12:41 PM
Good luck on your new journey Beth!

bethw
07-30-2011, 07:02 PM
Thank you Jean and Angie. How are things going Jean?
Hugs
Beth

noeleena
08-18-2011, 07:15 AM
Hi Beth,

email on the way,

...noeleena...

bethw
08-18-2011, 05:55 PM
Thank you noeleena;
Reply sent.
Hugs again
Beth

Melody Moore
08-18-2011, 06:42 PM
Don't worry about your age because as they say it is better late than never.

And now you know who you are - So well done! :hugs:

Marcia Polari
08-18-2011, 08:32 PM
Hi Beth

You're neither alone nor the only one.
I know what you mean and the kind of challenge you are facing.
I've only started to dress some 3 years ago an started therapy 6 mo. ago, to finally discover almost for sure that I'm a transsexual.
But is not without pain and quite a bit of regret I do not plan for SRS. Maybe hormones if I manage to deal with my wife on these grounds.
Stay in touch honey!
Hugs,
Marcia

natasha
08-19-2011, 06:44 AM
With me going on hormones it actually IMPROVED my relationship with my wife.

Kaz
08-19-2011, 07:19 AM
Hi Beth,

Good luck with this.. I am thinking of you. I am a little younger than you but not that much and am starting to arrive at the same train of thought... still not sure though, but I suspect I know where it may be heading!

joanne2b
09-09-2011, 04:10 AM
Hi Beth
It must be our age !! like you I made the concious decision to be what i always wanted, a woman with time to enjoy whilst reasonably fit and healthy, i started on hormones etc about 18 months ago in ernest and am now at the point of no return, 36b...size 12/14, uk that is and love every moment. It's not an easy decision with others to consider but i have little or no regret. enjoy and be you...

joanne

Jay Cee
09-09-2011, 06:07 AM
Wishing you success and hugs, beth.

Wendy_Marie
09-09-2011, 06:40 PM
Age is just a number....there may be snow on the roof but theres fire inside.

Everyone of us here (Well probably everyone.) wishes we could go back to the time of then and know what we know now....I would have began my own real life transition at 17...I almost did anyway.

if you have discovered who you are, then the rest is that much easier to deal with.