PDA

View Full Version : ok....I'm sucking it up.

kimdl93
07-29-2011, 10:43 AM
This afternoon - around 1 pm - I'm making a trip fully en femme to the Memorial City Mall for a make over at the MAC counter. I'm wearing casual linen beach pants and a light green white striped blouse over a white tank top, along with silver studs and a matching silver neclace. For the first time in public, I'll wear a bra and C forms.

JustWendy
07-29-2011, 11:14 AM
I could tell from your recent posts that you've been yearning to test the waters. I hope you have a wonderful experience at the mall.

Wendy

Anna Bee
07-29-2011, 11:21 AM
Good for you and good luck. No matter what happens just "own it" and be extremely proud of yourself!

Kim_Bitzflick
07-29-2011, 12:58 PM
Congratulations!!!!!! Now that you're out, you'll never go back. Please post pictures.

Wendy_Marie
07-29-2011, 01:05 PM
Your losing your first timers virginity...good for you. Here's hoping you make the most of your day and enjoy it to the fullest.

Persephone
07-29-2011, 02:34 PM
Have a wonderful time! And be sure to tell us all about it! With pictures if possible!

Hugs,
Persephone.

ReineD
07-29-2011, 02:37 PM
Enjoy Kim!! :)

In a few hours, you'll wonder why you hadn't done this before! :hugs:

Don't forget to post the pics!

Eryn
07-29-2011, 02:39 PM
There comes a time when you just have to do it! Congratulations, you'll love it!

kimdl93
07-29-2011, 03:07 PM
OK....here's the report. I left the house a few hours ago - went straight to Macy's MAC counter and spent almost 1 1/2 hours with the make up artist. I think the results are pretty good - considering what she had to work with.

I was very frank with the artist - explained that I dress at home most of the time, that my wife is supportive, and that we want to "get out of the house" to a greater extent. And I asked for all the tips she could provide, especially in dealing with my aging, creased, baggy eyes and doing something with my excessively thin lips. She was great...and of course, I left with a lot of product!

I'm pretty sure that, despite my best efforts, most of the people passing by saw a man on the stool, but it really didn't bother me. A few passersby smiled without seeming terribly nervous about it themselves. The most liberating moments occur. Getting out of the car and walking accross the street, stopping for passing cars, and strolling through the Macy's racks.

The only times I really felt I elicited a less than 100% positive reaction were from men...who generally steered clear of me....and from a adolescent girl who couldn't contain her grin and whispered something to her mom when I looked at the finished product in the mirror. There's nothing wrong with her response....at least I didn't frighten her!

What a confidence builder! After leaving Memorial City Mall, I decided to stop at Willowbrook Mall near my home to pick up some stockings. I shopped around in lingerie for a while but couldn't find quite what I was looking for, then went to hosiery and picked up three pair. It was the first time I have shopped there completely femme and the SA, who knows me well by now, was friendly as always.

Well, I didn't have a camera with me, but I took this one with my webcam. So today, I have crossed one more hurdle by sharing my face with you all. I had hoped it would show the great work done on my eyes, but I couldn't seem to get a lighting that did it justice.

Persephone
07-29-2011, 04:37 PM
Looks good, Kim! Congrats on getting it done and on maintaining your cool and your courage! Way to go!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Barbara Dugan
07-29-2011, 05:11 PM
I am glad you had a great time at the Mall...I doubt I can do the same at Memorial City Mall without being recognized by people that know me as a guy because I live on the neighborhood

Leasa Wells
07-29-2011, 05:11 PM
way to go girl someday I hope to follow you foot steps.

Lisa

Cynthia Anne
07-29-2011, 05:48 PM
IT'S GREAT THAT YOU HAD A GOOD TIME! And you really do look nice! Hugs!

Jorja
07-29-2011, 06:10 PM
Aunt Millie, what are you doing in Texas? I thought you were home when I went past your house earlier.

Glad you had a great time at the mall Kim. You look great!

It does get easier the more you go out.

Just a small suggestion if you don't mind? As your hair grows out or maybe wearing a wig will help break up and soften the look if you like but is not necessary. Many women wear that same style around here especially during the hot summer months. It's a lot hotter in texas.

kimdl93
07-29-2011, 10:22 PM
Just a small suggestion if you don't mind? As your hair grows out or maybe wearing a wig will help break up and soften the look if you like but is not necessary. Many women wear that same style around here especially during the hot summer months. It's a lot hotter in texas.

I appreciate suggestions. I'm growing my hair out a bit - haven't ruled out a wig, but you're right, its too darn hot here! I do have some rather severe features - and with practice, I hope to temper some of them with makeup tricks. But, alas, there's only so much you can do.

Tonight, I went down to Montrose - the LGBT friendly part of Houston, strolled down the street and had a couple of drinks in a gay bar. It was fun to be out - to meet people on the street and be warmly received.

Robin Lee
07-29-2011, 10:22 PM
Enjoy Kim,
The door has opened and never shall it shut again!

Best Wishes
Robin Lee

PretzelGirl
07-30-2011, 11:29 AM
Awesome, awesome, awesome Kim! I am glad for you and it sounds like your attitude is in the right place for continued success. Looking great and keep having fun!

Billie Jean
07-30-2011, 11:33 AM
I've been wanting to go to a Merle Norman and have a makeover done. I haven't worked up the courage yet. Maybe when I'm on a trip out of state. You look good Kim. Billie Jean

Eryn
07-30-2011, 12:23 PM
Congratulations, and the makeover looks great!

Kim_Bitzflick
07-30-2011, 01:36 PM
Looking good. After a few more times going out, you'll wonder why you waited so long.

kimdl93
07-30-2011, 04:55 PM
Thanks everyone. I have some work to do on my make up to try and soften some of the masculine features...and find something to do with my hair...perhaps a wig some day, but its so darned hot down here.

Kim B, I already feel like I waited too long....It would have been fun to go out as a skinny 20-something with young skin, etc. But alas, at the time the fear of being outed was my constant companion. Still, better late than never!

michelleddg
08-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Wow, missed this. Congratulations and well done! My first reference :-) Who was your artiste at the MAC counter? Aren't they great?

OK, next is to head over to Ann's Wig Shop on Kingsride to try on some wigs. They're about 1/4 mile west of Gessner across from the
Memorial City Mall and tg friendly. And, again, Vanity has a great selection of wigs at great prices.

BLUE ORCHID
08-01-2011, 12:03 PM
Hi Kim, You look fantastic you know there's no turning back now you are out there.

Orchid

Kim_Bitzflick
08-01-2011, 12:09 PM
Kim,

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself." (who said that?) Now that you've confronted this fear, you have one less enemy.

I have a seemingly simple question. I would love to have a makeover like you did, but I don't know how to go about making an appointment. How do you do it?

michelleddg
08-01-2011, 04:50 PM
Kim B, For MAC stores, you can get contact information from www.mac.com and just phone them up. For counters, you really
don't have an alternative other than to walk up and request an appointment for a makeover. Rest assured you won't be their
first. It'll give you a chance to get a lay of the land, and them a chance to see their "before".

kimdl93
08-01-2011, 05:45 PM
Kim B,.... Rest assured you won't be their
first. It'll give you a chance to get a lay of the land, and them a chance to see their "before".

FYI, During I observed that I probably wasn't her typical client. But she told me that she personally had two other married CD clients that regularly came for make overs.