PDA

View Full Version : In My Shoes - Part I of III

Stephanie Brooks
10-09-2005, 02:26 PM
Part I

I went out last night, Saturday October 8, 2005, to see the new movie, "In Her Shoes". It was excellent. Here's the account of how things went.

Normally I work 10 hours on Saturdays. It's no problem, and I do it by choice. This week I'd done most of my Saturday hours earlier, so I only needed to work 4. Following work, I created a packing list, and packed things to go to a hotel. Tracy doesn't want me leaving the house or returning en femme, so she allows that once a month I can go to a hotel for an evening. It works fine. Packing takes an hour, as I've become VERY efficient at it. Both Tracy and Alice were away, so discretion wasn't an issue; I didn't need to hide things from young eyes.

Originally I figured I go see the movie, "Serenity". While it had all of the elements of what should be a movie I'd enjoy, it didn't pique my interest. I saw a listing for "In Her Shoes", and thought of the possibilities, knowing it was probably just another boring movie. Then I read the description. It fit. I'd go see that.

I left the house around 2PM to first get a bottle of champagne for afterwards, and then go to the hotel. I thought I'd also go around the mall to try and find the best parking in case I attended a late showing. That was a total mistake. The mall just recently expanded, adding restaurants, a food court, movie theatres, and lots of shops. Getting around the Tysons Corner area yesterday seemed as it might on the day before Christmas. Problem is that the hotel is next door to the mall, so the traffic was unavoidable.

http://www.shoptysons.com/controller/site

Enter the UAV - urban assault vehicle.

End Part I

Stephanie Brooks
10-09-2005, 02:28 PM
Part II

I don't believe in cutting people off in traffic, don't believe in doing things to surprise people. I do believe that people driving in heavy traffic are obliged to drive as if they meant it, moving when traffic moves, and not leaving holes. When people don't move and leave gaps of three and four car lengths, I take my little Acura (Honda) and squirt into said gaps. It got me around the mall area very quickly.

I checked into the hotel. The desk clerk recognized me (Steve) from past visits, and promptly upgraded me to a nicer room with free breakfast, all for the same low price. It was a nice room.

Time being what it was, I changed quickly to go to a 6:15PM show. I'd not eaten lunch or dinner, but I wasn't hungry.

This was the first night with the Veronica hip and butt foundation. I'd had one until the last purge, and forgot just how much I missed it, loved it, and hated it. On the down side, restroom activities with the Veronica is a supreme challenge in time. I can imagine a full girdle being as fun to manipulate. That said, I now have a girly figure again, albeit far from svelt. That's alright. I just want to safely pass.

I wore a sleveless knee length dress, black with white dots, cotton, with a black cardigan (sweater/jumper), and white strappy sandals.

I drove to the mall. Walking would have been easily a half mile, mostly in the rain. I parked and went into the mall.

The mall was brightly lit, and it was packed. I walked to the theatre, bought my ticket (wouldn't do it online, wanted to pay in person!), and went into the theatre.

End Part II

Stephanie Brooks
10-09-2005, 02:31 PM
Part III

"In Her Shoes" is an excellent movie. Yes, it's a tear jerker, and I had tissues with me. Mostly I don't emote, but sometimes I do. I got caught a couple of times. Shirley MacLaine was excellent in this. Toni Collette, the brainy sister, was the complement to Cameron Diaz, the seeming loser sister. It's about real life dysfunction, and growth from same. It's about how sisters are.

I got a few "Pardon me, m'am"s as I sat on the end of the aisle, and that was it. I was just another person watching the movie.

Afterwards I went into the new Barnes and Noble bookstore. They have a little cafe, and I thought I might get something to munch as it was approaching 8:30PM. That place was packed too, however, and a few minutes in the store convinced me the evening was over. If I'd not been crossdressed, I'd have probably left also; I wasn't up for crowds.

I had some champagne - on an empty stomach - and watched a little television. Finally I undressed, cleaned up, showered, put some music on the radio, and went to bed. I slept in a long satiny nightgown.

This morning I got up, showered, and went for breakfast. While I'd not had that much champagne, I had a nasty little headache from the toxins. Breakfast was excellent - omlet, bacon, sausage, fruit, juice, and coffee. I packed and came home.

In closing, it wasn't a completely manic time. I hate that I can't dress at home and go out from here. I also hate that I'm in a body that doesn't match my mind. That said, I'm lucky I can go out, and very lucky that I can mostly pass.

Overall it was an excellent time. For November, I'll need to get another outfit. Hmmm... shopping...

The End

MsEva
10-09-2005, 02:39 PM
Wow, so happy for you sister of the commonwealth! Tysons cornor is soooo huge..you are a really brave girl. That being said, you seem to have struck an "accord" (well it is close to an Acura is close to a honda) pardon my pun with your wife. She must be a real trooper! That really must have been fun to blend in with the other women out there just seeing a movie..Kudos to you!

DanaJ
10-09-2005, 08:10 PM
Steph - wow, I felt like I was there with you! Great post, and those may be some of your best pix ever :thumbsup:

DonnaT
10-09-2005, 08:53 PM
Nice little outing Stephanie. :^5:

I'm with you on those gap leavers, seems like they do it on purpose just to make the folks behind them catch the change to red. That's why I like my wife's car, fast acceleration.

So they finally opened the theater at Tyson's eh? That should make getting around easier, NOT.

Stephanie Brooks
10-09-2005, 08:57 PM
Hi Eva! Thanks!!!! We're still trying to Integra-te Stephanie into our family, somehow. (The Acura RSX is sold as the Honda Integra outside of the US.) And yes it was fun to blend into the crowd.

Hi DanaJ! Thanks!!!! I finally found a good location for the cell phone: the thermostat. It was at eye level, and the lighting, along with the sensitivity of the camera, just seemed to work. I'd set the timer and just take the pic! It was a fun evening.

Stephanie Brooks
10-09-2005, 09:06 PM
Thanks DonnaT!

Normally I don't cheat on gaps like that, but desperation hit yesterday and figured it was a Darwin day - survival of the fittest, or at least the most awake.

Without trying to bore those of you not familiar with the area, both Rt 123 and 7 were a total mess. Traffic coming off the Beltway for Rt. 7 was backed up on the ramp. Christmastime is going to be lots of fun around here.

Phoebe Reece
10-09-2005, 09:07 PM
That was an excellent account Stephanie. Sounds like you had a good time, even if you didn't get to leave home dressed.

Laurie Ann
10-09-2005, 09:16 PM
Stephanie,

Outstanding account of your evening I like Dana felt like I was there with you. I'm glad you had a wonderful evening.

Stephanie Brooks
10-09-2005, 09:54 PM
Thank you Phoebe and Laurie!

Marla GG
10-09-2005, 10:50 PM
Stephanie,

I absolutely loved your post.....thank you so much for telling us, and showing us, all about it.

I must compliment you on your outfit! It it so classy and feminine, and it totally suits you. And your pictures are fantastic. In them I see a woman expressing the simple joy of just being herself. You look beautiful, honey. I am not surprised you had an easy time passing.

I'm glad you got another Veronica.....not cheap, are they? But worth it for the confidence boost of having a convincingly womanly figure. Don't go purging this one, okay?

And here's a belated champagne toast to you for having the courage to go out and have a good time as Stephanie. You make it look easy when we all know it can be anything but! :rose:

Stephanie Brooks
10-10-2005, 12:29 AM
Thank you Marla! <*bows head and blushes*>

You know, some of my style sense for this outfit came from you. Some time ago you had a profile picture where you were wearing a cream colored top and a matching cardigan, accented with a string of pearls. It looked so feminine. It was beautiful. I didn't forget.

Girls find role models when they're growing up - their moms, sisters, girl friends, professional models. Guys find role models too, but they're supposed to be more like Al Pacino than Alan Alda. Did you catch that? I said, "They're", not "We're". I can't even think like a guy sometimes. No matter. I know how to play the role of Guy. I have plenty of role models for that. I don't have many for being a Woman in the real world.

For that, I look to Tracy to the degree I can. We don't exactly have the same tastes, and there are acceptance issues that probably cause a bit of rebellion in me. She's strictly Talbots (classic women's clothing for those outside the US), and I *can* go "hot" or at least "pleased to be female". I also look to my real life GG buddy Blade. We're sisters as much as two people can be, clashes included. Yes we've clashed, quite badly once. She's still my friend, still my sister. I'd defend her any time. She'd defend me too.

Now I find myself looking to you as a role model. You're intelligent, bright, strong, you've got guts, and I like your fashion sense. I see someone comfortable in being herself, and someone who is successful. It's in some sense an adolescent Stephanie admiring someone and saying, "I like what she is".

Ultimately I must honor myself, and those whom I value. In part that means I honor my role models too. ^_^

Thank you Marla!

Sharon
10-10-2005, 12:52 AM
Geez Steph, where's the photo of the Veronica in action?:cool:

Wow, it sounds like an excellent time, and your photos look absolutely outstanding (despite the previously mentioned MIA shot).

So -- well done, and I hope you get to repeat it real soon.:)

Stephanie Brooks
10-10-2005, 01:08 AM
Hi Sharon!

I'll do a Veronica shot the next time. ^_^ It's not my best view, but I must say I finally had the relative shape I wanted (as in curvy, versus straight up and down). Nevertheless, I was pleased with what I saw in the mirrors.

Thanks! It was fun. Next time is November. I really need to do a bit of shopping however. The burdens of transgenderism... ;)

Wendy me
10-10-2005, 10:18 AM
wow love your pics.... and as always your posts abought yor outings are way cool and like the outhers said you get the i am along with you feeling ...girlfreind any danceing there??? love reading abought your night out
you go girl.....

Stephanie Brooks
10-10-2005, 03:43 PM
Hi Wendy! Thanks!!!!!!! Yes I was dancing in my seat. The opening music to "In Her Shoes" is a song called "Stupid Girl" by Garbage. It's a great song, hot, and I boogied in my seat just a bit. :dance:

Marla GG
10-10-2005, 03:53 PM
Now I find myself looking to you as a role model. You're intelligent, bright, strong, you've got guts, and I like your fashion sense. I see someone comfortable in being herself, and someone who is successful. It's in some sense an adolescent Stephanie admiring someone and saying, "I like what she is".

Stephanie....now you've gone and made me blush! And emote! LOL. Thank you so much for the kind words. I think you're pretty special yourself.

Missy Anne's GG
10-10-2005, 08:29 PM
Hi Stephanie,

I really enjoyed reading about your special weekend. It's nice that your wife does understand your unique feminine needs and allows you to be Stephanie.

It is unfortunate that you can't dress up at home as you have pointed out, but it sounds like you and your wife are being very responsible parents when it comes to handling the crossdressing with young children still at home.

Your outfit looks very classy, and I really like your hair! I've always loved that color, and I'm envious of the classy style. You've done a really nice job!

Warmest regards,

Missy Anne's GG

Stephanie Brooks
10-10-2005, 08:52 PM
Thank you Missy Anne's GG! ^_^