PDA

View Full Version : caught a work

Kathy4ever
07-31-2011, 05:40 AM
So yeterday I was looking for my clear opal nail polish. When I could not find it I thought my wife found it and threw it away, So I get a little mad and had to go to Walmart to buy coffee and sodas for the kids I picked up and bought a clear gel nail polish, I put it on and go to work. Mind you it is very shiny and thick. One of my employees says you paint your nails. They looked so good they thought i had them done proffesionally. This 17 year old worker says you are so girlie. The funny thing was when i got into the car to go home i found the clear opal nail polish.

lauraabdl
07-31-2011, 05:45 AM
We all get oldtimers sooner or later. Happens to me all the time and I live alone. It lends new meaning to hideing thinks in plain sight when you get older.:heehee:

Starr
07-31-2011, 09:09 AM
I have been using clear on my nails for a long time now, no one has said anything to me but some comments have been made to other people I know who told me... no problem to me.

star

Jess Marie
07-31-2011, 09:49 AM
I did a thesis on this last semester for a time management class. I surveyed 100 people 65+ and 100 students in the ages of 18-20. I found that almost an even number, if not more, students would forget things more than the elderly. I came to the conclusion that a young adults mind is not operated by priority, but by stimulus, meaning if you don't have their attention, they will forget an event. An adult pays more attention to detail and is more time conscious, as they have worked their entire life and have some basis of time management. I have the paper right here and I found that 8/10 students regularly walk into a room and forget the reason they are there, while usually 6/10 adults do that on a regular basis. Regular basis in this instance was 1 time a week. When asked about forgetting where things are, the results were N/A because most of the students lived at home so parents would move things around without telling them.

Sorry for getting off topic. That is awesome that you have a person to play around with now because you can mess around with this person and do different shades to see if they notice. It could turn into a fun little part of your day to see if she notices anything:D

Barbra P
07-31-2011, 11:17 AM
My nails are rather weird, half of them are really strong, grow fast and I have to trim them or they get very long. The other half are thin, crack or peel, and are always short – they drive me nuts. My Doctor’s nurse recently ordered a lab test to check my vitamin “D” level and it was on the low side and a low vitamin “D” level will cause thin, weak, splitting nails – I’m now taking a vitamin “D” supplement to see if it helps.

I have been wearing a clear nail hardener in an effort to prevent the peeling and splitting and I can’t remember anyone making a negative comment. Many years ago barber shops frequently had manicurists and the few times I got a manicure I wasn’t even asked, the manicurist just applied a clear polish – it was simply SOP. The first time was in 1960 and I was in High School and I got a haircut and a manicure for the upcoming prom. The only comments were along the line of “Gee you got a manicure, who are you taking to the prom?” In later years the comments were generally from women and along the line of “I so like to see a man with manicured nails, my husbands nails always look like hell.”

Kathy4ever
08-18-2011, 05:13 AM
I have to add another funny comment that happened yesterday. The same girl comes in and says I liked your hair grey. You see last friday I died my hair a medium bolnde. Then yesterday I parted my hair from the side instead of the middle. My wife says I don't look good when it is parted down the middle. The girl says you look like a girl now. deep down I was luving the comment. I don't think she was saying it as a compliment but i was taking it that way. When driving home I did get it to look more fem style and I kept looking in the mirror. That is a bad thing since I need to keep my eyes on the road. Late last night I don't know if it is wishful thinking but for a few seconds when i looked in the mirror I saw a woman instead of a man with longer hair.

kristinacd55
08-18-2011, 06:38 AM
I just started wearing clear polish too about a week or so ago. So far, no comments....I don't put it on real thick so it is kind of hard to pick it up. BUT, I'm sure someone will comment soon.....:meditate:

Karren H
08-18-2011, 06:49 AM
Get some China Glaze Matte Magic and use it as a top coat. Or Orley Nails for Males.. A really nice semi-matte finish. I wear it 24/7 and even my wife doesn't complain! .

KylieA
08-18-2011, 07:27 AM
My Doctor’s nurse recently ordered a lab test to check my vitamin “D” level and it was on the low side and a low vitamin “D” level will cause thin, weak, splitting nails – I’m now taking a vitamin “D” supplement to see if it helps.

That vitamin D3 seems to be a problem for a lot of people. Both my parents take extra. My dad had a old vet school roommate that needed 2000 mg to raise his vitamin D to regular levels. My cardiologist dumped my multivitamin, but kept me on the extra vitamin D3.

UNDERDRESSER
08-18-2011, 10:43 AM
That vitamin D3 seems to be a problem for a lot of people. Both my parents take extra. My dad had a old vet school roommate that needed 2000 mg to raise his vitamin D to regular levels. My cardiologist dumped my multivitamin, but kept me on the extra vitamin D3.

Interesting, I have been taking large doses for a while for various reasons after reading some theories about Northern European genotypes and the maladies they can suffer from ( M.S. for one )

Why did the Cardiologist dump the multivitamins?

KylieA
08-18-2011, 05:45 PM
Why did the Cardiologist dump the multivitamins?

Don't know. It was actually one of the bypass doctor's assistants that did it. My regular cardiologist pretty much kept the same medicines for the first three months after. Then she changed the anti-cholesterol drug from a generic to Crestor because of my elevated Lipid A.