PDA

View Full Version : Using The Lady's Restroom

Julie
10-09-2005, 04:52 PM
This was written by one of the Island Girls regarding use of the women's restroom when other members were concerned about going out dressed to a non-TG restuarant. I think should be widely distributed:

"If you want to be treated like a lady, act like a lady".... and this includes use of the women's restroom.

It has been my experience that the main things to remember are:

1. Go in, do what you have to do.... and get out... don't dawdle at the mirror, primping.
2. SIT to do what you have do to in the stall.
3. Should you encounter a genetic woman (GW) while the restroom, smile.... to show that you are NO threat, and leave as soon as you can.

Most GW's go to the restroom in pairs.... mainly for safety sake. It can be a scary place for a woman to be alone.... please keep in mind how they may feel.

The worst that can happen to you is that the ownership/management may ask you to not use the ladies room.

For them to legally restrict one (or more) of us from using Women's restroom, they will have to ask for ID which shows that a person is NOT a GW, before they can enforce that restriction.

If you have the appropriate "F" indication on your ID, they do NOT have the legal right to refuse your use of the Women's restroom. If you do not have the "F" indication, then they CAN legally restrict you to using the men's room. However, it is unlikely that they will do this, unless there is a complaint from other customers.

They CANNOT legally deny service or food to any of us, regardless of the indication on an ID.

With 14 (or hopefully more) of us bringing business ($$$$$) to their establishment and the possibility of losing that (and future business from our community), I am sure that the ownership / managemement will feel very accommodating toward us, especially if they see that we are no threat to their business.

IMHO, in addition to enjoying EVERYTHING that life has to
offer us, this is one of the reasons why we are out there
enjoying "normal" establishments like this one.... to help to show the rest of society that we are just human beings.....like everyone else on this planet.

Natalie x
10-09-2005, 04:57 PM
Maybe a good idea for us would be to take a GW with us to the ladies' restroom, for support and to alleviate any fears that other users may have.

Stephanie Kay
10-09-2005, 09:23 PM
Maybe a good idea for us would be to take a GW with us to the ladies' restroom, for support and to alleviate any fears that other users may have.

Interesting idea, Grace, but I've never been with a GG that's been willing to do this, including my wife!:( So I go with another CD or by myself. Of course, I'm 6'4" and no one has ever questioned my being there. And please remember to smile at other women in the bathroom. Good luck!

Phoebe Reece
10-09-2005, 09:36 PM
Good points Julie! The group I go out with go to non-TG places all the time and we follow the rules you noted as well as the following:
a) Don't go in there if you have just seen anyone who is not an adult go in and not come out yet.
b) Make sure your feet are pointed in the right direction (that kind of goes along with sitting and making sure the seat is left down).
c) Use a bit of toilet paper (most GG's do).
d) Wash your hands, but don't hang around longer than you have to.
e) Smile, but try to avoid conversations when GG's you don't know are in there.