PDA

View Full Version : is it possible?

JenniferR771
08-01-2011, 10:44 AM
Is it possible to be a transexual without first being a crossdresser?

VioletJourney
08-01-2011, 11:09 AM
Yep. Some people transition before they even buy any clothes or makeup or anything.

Inna
08-01-2011, 11:23 AM
Interesting question, chicken or the egg type, I wonder the same. I suppose it is taken differently for male-female then female-male but as I can decipher from all the research on trans issue even the most early transitions such as 6, 7, 8 years old, which are really only parents being open and allow the child to express what ever gender they prefer, they all show child's need to express gender through associations with appropriate gender role, that includes dressing in the gender specific attire as well.

I do not know of any transitions which didn't incorporate initial expression through clothing as means to ease the dysphoria.

Shelly Preston
08-01-2011, 11:29 AM
I dont really think its a possible to be a transexual first

I would say its absolute certainty the only difference is in the self discovery of each individual

Most people will crossdres at some point but most will not know why

As to when you realise you may be a crossdresser or transexual thats is more difficult for some

Kaitlyn Michele
08-01-2011, 11:46 AM
Is it possible to be a transexual without first being a crossdresser?

yes. my closest friend never tried on clothes until her therapist failed to "cure" her trans sexuality

Starr
08-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Yes, most say transexuality is beng born in the wrong body.. so you can easily be transexual and not crossdress. Now once you understand you are trans. and want to work to make you body and mind match.. then i could see you crossdressing

carhill2mn
08-01-2011, 04:23 PM
Sure, it is possible but not very ususal.

DonnaT
08-01-2011, 04:26 PM
Yes, most say transexuality is beng born in the wrong body.. so you can easily be transexual and not crossdress. Now once you understand you are trans. and want to work to make you body and mind match.. then i could see you crossdressing:yt:

kimdl93
08-01-2011, 05:49 PM
I can't see why not. One can imagine circumstances where an individual may be living a very sad, repressed existence, with her female identity hidden for years...then finally get the chance to break free.

Sheren Kelly
08-01-2011, 05:55 PM
If I recall Christine Jorgensen's biography correctly, she never wore women's clothes until she had her operation.

ReineD
08-01-2011, 06:24 PM
It would be interesting to see how many TSs here play down the dressing until they are sure they can be themselves full time.

I've observed that for transsexuals, wearing women's clothing is not CDing. I know this may sound picky, and really I'm not trying to be difficult, but a M2F transsexual is wearing appropriate gendered clothing when she wears women's clothes, and this makes quite a difference in her presentation.

I don't notice the glitz and glamor for the TSs, at least just looking around this forum, that I see in the Gallery. I don't know how to explain it other than it appears as if a TS's emphasis is more on making the outside match the inside, in being her regular, average self than trying to attain an ideal of feminine beauty. Also, I've observed that TSs generally prefer to be more natural and the emphasis is not so much on the size of breasts and hips as it can be for a CDer.

If you're asking whether a TS can realize she is TS after having CDed for a number of years, I've seen this happen too, although I've no idea how common or how rare this is. But in almost all the accounts I've read, once she has accepted her transsexuality she is able to go back and see that it was there all along.

Suzette Muguet de Mai
08-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Wow deep. If one is 3 or 4yr old and displays other gender tendencies and is accepted by parents then maybe they are transexual before cross dress, but if one is then socially moulded to their birth gender, the natural path maybe to cross dress first to release the feminine part without problems then when of age to basically come out socially.

TGMarla
08-01-2011, 07:26 PM
Absolutely! Some begin crossdressing because they're transexual.

sometimes_miss
08-02-2011, 12:28 PM
Depends on what you want to consider TS. To me it's something in the mind; so before having any desire to wear the clothes of the opposite physical sex, you would have to already be of the mindset to do so. Therefore you would not feel the desire to crossdress before the desire to be the other sex. If however you only consider someone who has has SRS, then the answer is well, maybe, maybe not.