PDA

View Full Version : Cross Country En Femme

Margarette
08-01-2011, 03:34 PM
Off to LA…. I’m taking a cross country car trip from New York to Los Angeles, via Las Vegas this month. I plan on doing most of the trip en Femme. This will be a rather intimidating adventure; I have never been very far as a woman before, just out to local malls, coffee across town.
I was wondering if any of you more experienced gurls had any advice or words of caution for a newbie traveler? Any comments would be appreciated.

Stevann
08-01-2011, 04:33 PM
I've taken the 12 hour drive from North Carolina to New Orleans. Even checked into the hotel en Femme, when the reservation was in my male name. No problems. Have fun.

SheriM
08-01-2011, 04:41 PM
I travel by car quite a bit and when I am alone, I am dressed as a female - usually short skirt, hose, wig, etc. The car is a great place to get your feet wet but pay attention to the speed limit. You don't want to face a patrolman while trying to keep your skirt pulled down. One challenge that you will face is getting gas. If there are a lot of people around and if you don't pass very well, it may be good to keep a pair of jeans close by. Of course if you pass reasonable well, getting gas would be a good place to test yourself in a public place that will be temporary.
Good luck to you Margie.

Angiemead12
08-01-2011, 04:55 PM
Drive safely! That is a very long drive! Usually if your in an uncharted area you would want to tone down the way you dress and try not to attract so much attention to your self. Good luck and have a safe journey!

Eryn
08-01-2011, 05:03 PM
The first time I went out dressed I drove for two hours just to get to the place I was going!

Just remember, if you're driving, wear what GGs would wear to drive. Not many would drive cross-country in micro-minis and killer heels! Capris, sandals or athletic shoes, and a tee or simple blouse work much better! Big sunglasses are both fashionable and feminizing.

Other than that, just relax, leave the testosterone at home, and have fun!

Eryn

Wendy_Marie
08-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Why is it that I suddenly have an image from the Movie Too Wong Foo stuck in my head...?:battingeyelashes:
http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l531/Wendy_Marie65/to_wong_foo_.jpg

Have fun at the Strawberry Festival.

JenniferR771
08-01-2011, 05:31 PM
And plan for the most difficult part of all--pitstops.
It would help to be really convincing and really blendable if going into the women's. Specially if there are a lot of kids around.

kimdl93
08-01-2011, 05:40 PM
Sounds like a dream vacation to me!

Cynthia Anne
08-01-2011, 05:58 PM
:drink:
Why is it that I suddenly have an image from the Movie Too Wong Foo stuck in my head...?:battingeyelashes:
http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l531/Wendy_Marie65/to_wong_foo_.jpg

Have fun at the Strawberry Festival.

Thats funny!:D I hope you have a wonderful trip! Do not :drink: and drive!:eek:

Chickhe
08-02-2011, 01:39 AM
Pack some male emergency clothes in case you get a flat, get ill, arrested etc... Otherwise, go all out and be female. People will not bother you. Don't worry about buying gas, do the pay at the pump if don't want to interact. Just smile at everyone and be happy. Dress to blend, but you have some lattitude from classy to slummy. Rest stops, just get in do your business and get out...you are not there to do anything else so don't worry...opt for family/neutral stall if possible.

Persephone
08-02-2011, 02:20 AM
I've done it, but always with my spouse along.

Best advice I can offer is to remember that you are a woman. Especially if you are traveling alone, do not take risks. Being alone and exposed at night, whether you are making a stop in a rest area and taking a break by walking around, or running too close to empty in a long uninhabited area, is not something a woman with an ounce of street smarts would do.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Margarette
08-03-2011, 12:22 PM
Thanks for all the insights and suggestions, really appricate it. There will be times in guys jeans, but hopefully a lot more makeup time.

In the stops across country, maybe it will be a good time to spend an afternoon for a professional make over. I am kind of free on time and route. Any suggestions to accomodating towns, such as St. Louis and any perosnal favorite beauty shops?

Sally24
08-03-2011, 12:59 PM
Wear knee length skirts unless you want truckers pacing your car for miles while they leer at your legs. I've had that happen twice now.

Renee
08-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Yes Sally I have had the same thing happen. On many ocassions. That can be fun, but one must be careful at the same time. That is why I carry a handheld cb so I can hear them chatting about me. lol

Persephone
08-04-2011, 02:46 AM
Yes Sally I have had the same thing happen. On many ocassions. That can be fun, but one must be careful at the same time. That is why I carry a handheld cb so I can hear them chatting about me. lol

Agree, wouldn't dream of a long drive without my CB.

renee k
08-04-2011, 03:13 PM
The longest distance I've driven enfemme was from Detroit to Harrisburg and back. Last March. Had no problems whatsoever. Wore jeans and slacks and used the womens restrooms along the Turnpike. Just dress to blend in.

Renee