PDA

View Full Version : Does Your Personality Change When Driving 'en femme'?

Victoria P
08-02-2011, 01:12 AM
Hi Gurls,

I was just wondering if any of you experience any change in character,temperament or habits when driving 'en femme'?

I find myself to be very patient,courteous and tolerant when driving as a lady in comparison to my male self who can be a little ermm ...well 'male 'when driving LOL (sometimes a bit aggressive as far as patience wearing thin)

So perhaps this proves that CDing is actually good for you.........?
Something to think about for sure

:battingeyelashes:

Hugs

Victoria P

Chickhe
08-02-2011, 01:18 AM
Maybe at first, but now the answer is no...I have learned from driving enfem and now I drive better in male mode. I observed that other peoples behaviours have changed...for example, drive the speed limit as a male and you get the finger... drive enfem and you don't get much response.

Eryn
08-02-2011, 01:26 AM
Of course, for several reasons.

1. The contact lenses and shoes I'm wearing while dressed change my perception of the outside world and my feel for the controls. I'm more cautious.
2. I normally don't want to interact with Officer Friendly and I certainly don't want to do so while dressed. I drive more conservatively
3. I try to act like a woman while driving dressed, which means that I don't look about as much. This reduces my situational awareness and makes me more cautious. It also makes me more patient and tolerant.

Add it up and I guess I drive like a woman.

Eryn

Joanna Maguire
08-02-2011, 03:51 AM
Yes I too drive more like a woman.his happens when I go shopping etc spend hours browsing without fear

Jeanna
08-02-2011, 04:10 AM
I really watch my speed as I don't want to be pulled over!

joanna4
08-02-2011, 04:41 AM
I'm extra careful making sure to press the clutch all the way down while wearing heels

noeleena
08-02-2011, 05:03 AM
Hi,

After 48 years of driveing tractors , bus's P S V., car's, moter bikes , heavy trucks some were our's. 4 x 4 's our's army mogg's, light truck's . bulldoser's or tracked earth mover's .if it had wheel's i drove it, & last yet not least my push bike.

i dont think its makes any difference for me. or it did not because iv all ways been courtous. to be a push'e driver is not me .
Tho i could tell some story's .

...noeleena...

erickka
08-02-2011, 05:26 AM
I seem to be a little more mellow, but as far as women here drive on I-65, I'll never be the haphazard Mario Andretti wannabe's that they are in either male or female mode!

lynn_lynn
08-02-2011, 05:30 AM
lol.. everyone says dont want to get caught speeding, Thats kinda interesting though. Not to change the subject, If im going for a drive.. Its probably very important I get there in one piece..
I guess what Im saying is.. I dont want to crack my makeup, let alone a fender.

I may purse my lips for a whole way so not to ruin them.. Ever do that?:o

Cynthia Anne
08-02-2011, 05:35 AM
I think driving enfem makes me more aware and courtous even in male mode!:) Hell I don't know, perhaps it's old age!:sad::eek:

Jillian Faith
08-02-2011, 05:49 AM
I'm in alinement with Victoria P and Eryn except for the contact lenses. Also, similar to GGs I've observed I do not look around as much while stopped at traffic signals. Of course I am more vigilant while walking to and from my car in mall parking lots as Jill is more of a target than her evil twin brother!

Jill

kimdl93
08-02-2011, 10:33 AM
I honestly do think that expressing your feminine side is good for you. I can attest to being an angry, repressed individual - prone to what I now would characterize as tantrums. I am not completely rid of my inner 2 year old, but now when I drive en femme, I just slow down and take a non-aggressive attitude. Something, which a safe driver should do anyway.

And this extends to other aspects of my life. I feel Ive grown to be a more calm, respectful and emotionally intelligent person as I've grown in acceptance of myself as a transgendered person.

pinto
08-02-2011, 10:43 AM
i am driving more respectful, modest, defensively and i try to meet the stereotype of a driving woman :)

MargoM
08-02-2011, 10:55 AM
Not me, no way !!

If your not Defensive and Aggressive in Memphis....your DEAD, choice of clothing has nothing to do with it lol

Lorileah
08-02-2011, 11:51 AM
Wow I learned a few things. I never realized that women when driving develop tunnel vision. Guess that explains why can't get them to smile at me when we are at stop signs. Maybe it used to be true that women were safer drivers but check the insurance industry and see how younger women are catching young men in accidents.

I don't want to get stopped but it is true more so when I am dressed just because I still subscribe to the fear of how the officer may react. Unwarranted fear usually but still... I still am aware and maybe even MORE so about where I am in traffic or on a street because of this. But I have noted that some women don't notice things while out and about. I find this strange not to know that the guy on the street corner was holding a chainsaw.

Do I drive differently? A little, but I still have the same finger that now is more noticeable because it has red polish on it.

Next question, do you drive better in a brunette wig than a blonde one?

BLUE ORCHID
08-02-2011, 03:45 PM
Hi Victoria, I have never driven Enfeme but if I did I would be extra careful so as not to get stopped for anything.

Orchid

carhill2mn
08-02-2011, 05:37 PM
I know that I pay more attention to what is going on around me and I am much more patient.

Maria 60
08-02-2011, 05:49 PM
I also watch my speed and make sure i signal when turning. Don't want to look for trouble.

juno
08-02-2011, 06:53 PM
I drive the same no matter what, carefully and defensively, and very disappointed at all of the inept drivers in this country, with driving tests that are a total joke. When I lived in Indiana, the drivers test was 10 true/false questions, and you can miss 3.

A few years ago, at about 1:30 AM on a rainy day, a van crossed the center line and headed straight for me. It was like they were TRYING to ram me. My first instinct was to swerve away, but I realized that his turn was sharp enough that I had to aim toward the center while braking, and avoided the collision. That is the level of defensive driving you learn from riding a motorcycle.

Eryn
08-02-2011, 07:22 PM
Wow I learned a few things. I never realized that women when driving develop tunnel vision. Guess that explains why can't get them to smile at me when we are at stop signs. Maybe it used to be true that women were safer drivers but check the insurance industry and see how younger women are catching young men in accidents.

Yep, women look straight ahead because for many men meeting eyes might be construed as a come-on. Men are such animals. :)

I do believe that women are safer drivers, measured in fewer accidents, because most of the time they make the men do the driving. This is particularly true when the driving involves increased hazards like traffic or bad weather.

eluuzion
08-03-2011, 05:41 AM
I drive a "high profile" car (to cops anyway), so I always go the speed limit regardless of my attire. My goal is to arrive at my destination without any incidents. When dressed my visibility objective is to try to remain the smallest goldfish in the fishbowl.:heehee:

:love:

Cheryl T
08-03-2011, 08:16 AM
I watch the speed limit more and keep both hands on the wheel more.
I try to be more courteous and my motto is "get there". That doesn't mean in a hurry...but in one piece without incident

Lorileah
08-03-2011, 10:55 AM
I think I need to learn the 10-2 hands on the wheel when I am dressed, it seems I always snag my hose when I turn the corner.

Stephanie47
08-03-2011, 11:26 AM
I make sure to observe all the traffic laws. I also make sure my alcohol level is an absolute ZERO. I also make sure all my lights (headlights, taillights, backup lights, turn signals) are working properly. I make sure my gas tank is at least half full. I do not want to get pulled over for any reason. When I was in my thirties I wore a blond wig, which attracted attention from young guys passing me. Now I have gotten older and that gray wig does not attract attention.

StarrOfDelite
08-03-2011, 11:38 AM
Driving while dressed doesn't affect my driving habits very much, because if I get a standard moving violation all that will happen is that I get a citation to appear in court. I'm a 3 mph above the speed limit, always use turn signals type driver anyway. Even if I do get a bit lead-footed it wouldn't necessarily be a Big Deal. It might be embarrassing to have to tell a police officer that yes, I am the same person as the middle-aged male on my DL, but, I've been embarrassed before for many things, and have always survived.

If I have been drinking at all, I am ultra-careful. In many states even if the BAC is less than .08% discretion is given to the arresting officer to issue a DUI if the evidence indicates impaired ability. And, usually, a DUI citation means the car gets towed and the alleged violator gets taken into custody until he/she posts bond. In a big city, e.g. New York, that might mean several hours in a "holding facility" (Drunk Tank), and I have no desire to act-out the nightmare fantasy of the CD being gang-raped in prison or fighting for my life.

Also, I tend to be extremely aware of my surroundings when I am driving in locales which are known to be high crime areas, since it seems to me that a single woman appears more vulnerable than a single male.

Darlene-VA
08-03-2011, 06:24 PM
Yes it has for I try to use the cruise control more to obey the speed limit and keep my hands at 10 and 2 like I have seen so many woman do. Plus just being out and about I tend to drive slower to totally enjoy my time between shopping malls.