PDA

View Full Version : Too hot to handle.

jthong24
08-02-2011, 07:41 PM
I've had the urge to dress a lot lately. But, I keep denying myself. I reside in the Chicagoland area, and it's been so very very humid. I live without air conditioning for the moment. If I were dressed up en femme I'd be even more miserably uncomfortable than I am in guy mode. This is frustrating.

I'm in the process of buying a house, and can't wait to have air. Several months ago I revealed to my fiance that I was c/d and after the initial shock, she's been supportive and even went shopping with me. She has only seen me dressed twice; once on Halloween, and once after the shopping trip. That day ended in some fantastic bedroom gymnastic, so I'm very hopeful for the future. I cannot wait to get out of this heat in my own place with my future wife. I'm very exciting to see just how enthused she is about my dressing. I love her and I'm very glad I'm sharing my entire being with her. Those of you who question telling your S/O, I highly recommend you do it early on. You could be pleasantly surprised =D.

xErica
08-02-2011, 08:34 PM
im happy to hear you SO is supportive. im in South carolina and its been super hot here also 100s. hope you house buying goes smoothly.

Shannen
08-02-2011, 09:12 PM
sounds to me like you need to buy a bikini.... :)

windycissy
08-02-2011, 10:36 PM
This time of year, women's clothes are way more comfortable, unless you're into stockings...I used to live in Chicago and I'd love to walk down Michigan Avenue in a sundress, watching the guys sweat in their suits and ties.

the_me
08-02-2011, 10:50 PM
Hehe, just move on up to central Canada... when it's hot, it's not all that hot, and when it's cold, you just dress for it and look real cute!

docrobbysherry
08-02-2011, 11:10 PM
I don't get it! I keep reading posts that say "it's too hot to dress". I LOVE dressing in the summer! All those cute little skimpy outfits that I COULD wear in winter because-----------well, I live in SoCal. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference. No one has AC near the coast and everyone has a pool. But, we ALSO have fans! Don't they sell those in Chicago?

Thank goodness I had the good sense to move away from there when I was 2!

Cynthia Anne
08-02-2011, 11:24 PM
Just a little south in Missouri at my house it reached 109 today in the shade! I can't imagine being w/o air! I feel for you big time! Hang in there! When you get your new house you will need your future wife to heat things up!:eek::D

Amanda Styles
08-03-2011, 01:22 AM
This time of year, women's clothes are way more comfortable, unless you're into stockings...I used to live in Chicago and I'd love to walk down Michigan Avenue in a sundress, watching the guys sweat in their suits and ties.

I have never had the courage (or looks ) to pull that off in recent history, but I did buy a little sundress the other day at a bargain shop, would love to wear it out and about!

Brown Eyed Girl
08-03-2011, 07:27 AM
Amanda,you took my post. Sundresses are great in the summer and they fit in much better than a polyester skirt and top with nylons. I wonder if the T Mobile girl's pink sundress dress is for sale?

Vieja
08-03-2011, 07:39 AM
I really hate the heat. When it's cold you can always put something on but when it's hot there is only so much you can take off. We have been having a lot of triple digit weather in El Paso Ugh.

Vieja

Starr
08-03-2011, 07:44 AM
The worst thing to me as far as the heat goes is it melts my makeup. Now a nice bikini bottom panited toes nails and tan legs sitting on the back deck... that is cool.

Sara Jessica
08-03-2011, 07:48 AM
Not sure I get it, there's nothing "cooler" than a simple cotton dress. Or a shorts outfit for that matter. You don't see natal women shirking from the heat, do you?

mskanuchi
08-03-2011, 07:56 AM
This is exactly why I told my wife as soon as we met, she knew right from the start. You are on track for a wonderful life, congratulations.
As far as the heat, it hit 109 her in S. bama, will be glad when I move soon, the upstate of S.C if anyone here lives there and want to make a new friend.
When I lived in Chicago, it was so cold, it was hard to tell who anybody was, everyone was so bundled up. Burrrrrr.
Happy dressing honey !

kimdl93
08-03-2011, 08:34 AM
I live in Houston, where heat and humidity are pervasive for 6 months of the year. I find myself wearing a lot of tank tops, cotton and linen skirts and occassionally capris. Strictly casual and comfortable.

Also, congratulations on your coming marriage and supportive SO. I approached this the same way with my future wife and it makes all the difference!

jthong24
08-03-2011, 08:16 PM
Thanks to all who stopped in to reply. It's not that I couldn't dress if I really felt I needed to. I find myself in the kind of humidity where even while sitting still dressed in only my underwear (panties, of course) I'm dripping sweat. When I put a t-shirt on it's drenched in a matter of minutes. I can only imagine one of my spaghetti-strap camis would end up the very same way. I like the few femme clothes that I have and feel I'd be wasting my time wearing them in this kind of overbearing heat/humidity. We've hit a "heat index" of 110 this week, and although I'm an athletic guy, I'm not used to it. I've been only slightly above miserable for two weeks. I do have fans btw. However, I work in an area with no A/C and when I come home there's no place to cool off... Sorry, I sound like I'm complaining a bit don't I? In all reality, I love summer. Chicago doesn't see enough of it what with our 8 months of possible winter weather each year. Perhaps I'm grumpy simply because I'm stubborn and don't want to drench my femme clothes. Oh well, I'll live.

docrobbysherry
08-03-2011, 08:21 PM
I'm sorry too, Jt. I thot u meant HOT, not 110! I mean that's VEGAS! And, no one goes there now!

Alice Torn
08-03-2011, 08:44 PM
Was not there a movie "Some like it hot?" Hot maybe, but super humid is terrible! I live 90 miles west of you, near Rockford, and yesterday, the hottest, most humid day of the year, i tried to remove my car's ruined automatic transmission. After about three hrs, utterly drenches, cussing mad, it stormed and i quit , with one bolt left. The heavy downpoor did feel nice, even though i was alrdy drenched with sweat, and wasted away. You are fortunate to have a fiance that accepts your dressing. Not that common. I am 57, still single, but for many reasons, other than Cd. Fans are better than nothing in this tropic heat.

Joannas_fiance
08-03-2011, 09:04 PM
Those of you who question telling your S/O, I highly recommend you do it early on. You could be pleasantly surprised =D.
That was a great idea you telling her! I am happy to hear that she has been supportive of your hobby! My Joanna revelead to me little bits at a time what he liked through conversations about certain kinds of subjects. When I revealed to him that I liked what he did, our relationship hit a new high with us having more in common and for more fun things to do together...like shoe and makeup shopping!!

Joannas fiance

Joanie B
08-05-2011, 12:56 AM
The worst thing to me as far as the heat goes is it melts my makeup. Now a nice bikini bottom panited toes nails and tan legs sitting on the back deck... that is cool.

I agree.
And to add insult to injury I also wear a wig, which makes me feel hot even if its only 75F indoors. The clothing is cooler, but the make up and wig don't go well with heat......unfortunately. So i don't get out much in the summer.

Joanie B.

Tina B.
08-05-2011, 07:33 AM
Just got home after a week in California's central valley, hot, but only in the low 90's, but it still felt good to get home, back to my 63 degree summer days, where a girl can wear pretty much whatever, anytime of year, don't know how you inland girls survive it all!
Tina B.