PDA

View Full Version : the unexpected guest

xErica
08-03-2011, 01:32 AM
so i was thanking... have any of you had to encounter being all dressed up when the unexpected guest stops by? what do you do? make-up done nails done and those do not just come off. how do you lady's handle this?

joanna4
08-03-2011, 02:10 AM
That happened once when I lived in a townhouse. It had jsut got dark and I was fully dressed and then stepped outside. There was this cigarette smell and I turned around and this asian man was standing behind me smoking, he saw my whole outfit and face. I just headed back inside. I could feel the intense blood pressure.

thechic
08-03-2011, 03:59 AM
Before i came out of the closet and before i was 24/7 i would often hide,and pretend no one was home.this was so stressful.

Cynthia Anne
08-03-2011, 04:33 AM
Wow! What great timing you have! Just last night and old friend that has never seen me dressed stoped by after ten years! I was fully dressed and invited him in! We had a couple of beers and he gave me his new phone number before he left! I was wearing a skirt and freshen my lipstick right in front of him! I think he was too stoned to even notice!:drink::brolleyes:

eluuzion
08-03-2011, 05:24 AM
hiya xE,

My friends know to always call first.

It is impossible to tell if I am home or gone from front of house. I live alone in a leased house. (I never live in houses that I own) I have the only set of house keys that work. (Landlord has keys that don't, :heehee:)

All windows in front have louver blinds. Garage door windows are covered from inside. Car is always parked inside garage. Doorbell is disconnected. Motion sensor on front porch trips audio warning chime in my office to alert me to visitors. Three outside cams on front of house feed audio/video to monitors in my office, which show me who it is.

Locked gates prevent access to back yard. Windows are always closed so music/television cannot be detected from outside. No land-line phones at house to call me on, only cell phones. I could be "anywhere" if they call me.

I never answer my door to unscheduled visitors. I do not reward unacceptable behavior; I discourage it so it will not be repeated. :D

Life is good...:hugs:

:love:

Jillian Faith
08-03-2011, 05:26 AM
Like Geneva, I'll pretend not to be be home

noeleena
08-03-2011, 05:59 AM
Hi ,

Well Jos was the one who said hide some ones here, yea well. i did hide just pretty quick got sick of that, so i would answer the door or go out, what ....no make up no wig no nail pol, what ever i had on as it was . i was even then to well known so really i did not care, hey this is who i am why hide.

So what i did was go on T V interviews papers & the net , was all over in one night nation wide, 3 millon people . so end of hideing , all sorted , after that it was no detail going on , people knew , as to wigs make up , im a woman so what you see is what you get people are not bothered not really . & now no wigs hardly any make up none while at home & people see me every day for goodness sake i'm a woman does every woman wear make up . well no & i know many 100.

For most it has to be some thing specale

police ambos & things going on it was after i attented a detail going on that Jos said to me get dressed properly wig make up & so on next time you go out , in this case i just went no time to be pretty , in front of other people at the time talking with police & out on the road, ooops i for got ...a.... i think for me at that time it was so long as i had my skirt & top on thats all that mattered, & its not the first time ether.

For me at that time i was trying to please a perceved idear of you cant see / meet others till you are all dressed up. & look like a woman . bollicks, i just dont conform thats all. i tryed just not me,

Well the truth is i'v allways been a woman from birth , just the perceved idear of your a male dressing as a woman not so in my case. & even now no matter how i dress im still a woman in overalls work boots what ever im a builder so if you like both as male / female. .

I'v come to realise perception from some is i was being put in a box & its set this way . well i'v dispelled that long ago. i dont conform & nore will i ,
My friends can just come in , if they knock i dont hear them the radio is on , they are wellcome its a open door ,

I think youll find i'm very different so as we say friends are just that , they dont care im not all dressed up. no make up & its the same for me.

Being a woman is , just that, being a woman.

...noeleena...

Cynthia Anne
08-03-2011, 06:44 AM
hiya xE,

My friends know to always call first.

It is impossible to tell if I am home or gone from front of house. I live alone in a leased house. (I never live in houses that I own) I have the only set of house keys that work. (Landlord has keys that don't, :heehee:)

All windows in front have louver blinds. Garage door windows are covered from inside. Car is always parked inside garage. Doorbell is disconnected. Motion sensor on front porch trips audio warning chime in my office to alert me to visitors. Three outside cams on front of house feed audio/video to monitors in my office, which show me who it is.

Locked gates prevent access to back yard. Windows are always closed so music/television cannot be detected from outside. No land-line phones at house to call me on, only cell phones. I could be "anywhere" if they call me.

I never answer my door to unscheduled visitors. I do not reward unacceptable behavior; I discourage it so it will not be repeated. :D

Life is good...:hugs:

Sounds like Fort Knox to me!:eek::D

Kerigirl2009
08-03-2011, 07:36 AM
WOW Eluuzion you go along way to protect yourself. I myself will lock the handle on my two doors. But I rufuse to pull the shades because It is my house and if someone is looking in my windows they may get a shock or they may not but either way it is rude.
Now I have had people show up at my door while I was dressed. I will normally go into my bedroom and change and then proceed to answer the door but by this time they have usually left due to their impatience.
The last few times all I have did was put a polo shirt on and some shorts, left the suttle makeup on and answered the door, and no what NO REACTION at all.
I am tired of having to hide, let them think what they want to think and say what they want to say. If its negative, I can make something up that will embarrass them I am sure.

I just confirmed to a woman yesterday that yes I am in touch with my femme side and I enjoy dressing pretty. And you know what she is still my friend, now wether she tells someone else that is up to her I guess. But whatever, like I said I am tired of hiding.

Keri

Jenny Gurl
08-03-2011, 08:00 AM
Living in an apartment years ago, wearing the tightest chick jeans, heels, a flowery colored cami top, lipstick, and I get the idea since it is midnight and I am on the end apartment that I will run out and check my mail since I forgot to earlier. I get out past the night light above my door, only to see my neighbor is taking his dog out for a potty break about 20 yards away. He looked at me, I looked at him for a quick second and just turned left and went to get my mail about 35 yards away. I had to run the gauntlet to come back now. He was still out there with the dog, and I know he must have seen my heels with the light behind me. I walked back to my door, went inside and hoped nothing would come of it. Sometimes you wonder if you aren't better off going all the way. With a dress and wig you can always claim your sister was visiting.

sue1965
08-03-2011, 08:05 AM
I use to ignore the door when I first got divorced, maybe the first year afterwords. Now, just about everyone knows so I just open the door. No one has turned to leave after seeing me so I think there getting use to the idea that this is who I am.

kimdl93
08-03-2011, 08:30 AM
I had just such an experience some months ago. My wife and I were having a glass of wine on the patio when a neighbor lady stopped by. My wife invited her in, even though I was fully en femme, without giving me an chance to escape. Needless to say, I was at least momentarily in shock, but our neighbor took it in stride.

She knew I dressed - having seen and talked to me through the fence (while I was en femme). I kinda figured she could see, because I could tell what she was wearing, although on those occassions she never commented on my attire.

Once I got over the shock, we had a very nice conversation beginning with my "hobby" but quickly moving on to other topics.

Gerrijerry
08-03-2011, 08:40 AM
Lets just answer your question. Yes many of the girls here have had that happen. Depending on how out they are changes the reaction they would have. The real fact is sooner or later you will have someone see you and you need to get something in your own head as to how you wish to respond. You need to be as calm as possible and think on how to handle what the person in front of you is seeing. Who is this person and how will there reaction effect you.
Most will tell you that the only way to not be caught is to be out to everyone that is important to you. However for many that simply is not possible for various reasons.
The first person to see me. Was my wife. Although she knew she had not seen me before. I thought I would be alone in the house for a long time and she came home early. I told her I was sorry and didn't expect her home, I changed back to male clothing. From that day on her feelings about it changed. Before that it was no big deal when I am not around. From then on it was more of an issue. She went from totally acceptance to low acceptance. Over time that all changed to acceptance again.
The next person to see me was a friend of hers. I was home playing dressup when my wife and her friend came home. I could not change in time. I said sorry to my wife, because she was embaressed. I changed but later found out that her girlfriend actually didn't care. You simply don't know what the reaction will be with each person. So if you see it offends in any way say sorry and go change. IF you are ready to be out then say hope the way I am dressed does not offend you but I am happiest when I am dressed the way I am. Don't know why I just am. I am not trying to offend anyone just be happy and accepting of my self.

xErica
08-03-2011, 11:41 AM
ok thank you. kind of what i expected. the full spectrum form hide to take it or leave it.

Chickhe
08-03-2011, 12:06 PM
I've got two ways to deal with it.

Typically, if I am inside the house, I'm careful about open windows and door and tend to close the shades. I don't go to any great lengths to hide. If I hear the door, I let them wait and decide to leave. Just because I am home doesn't mean I'm required to answer the door. Note, the only reason I would not answer the door is to avoid having to stand on the porch or something for all the neighbors to see (otherwise I could care less about the UPS guy knowing).

On the flip side, for halloween or a party, I'm out...its a costume and so I don't care too much who sees me, but still around home I tend to minimize what anyone sees. But, I'll answer the door to anyone then. Its even enjoyable... handed out candies one year with a wacky female costume and only a few people discovered me and I was not really trying too hard.

Sarah Doepner
08-03-2011, 12:30 PM
I'm one of the ones who will pretend not to be at home. However, this won't work with our adult children as they have keys to the house. I try keep an ear open for the sounds of arriving cars and slamming doors and throw the deadbolt as well as the regular lock on the door. By the time they make it in, I'm in our bedroom just about to "get in the shower". No one wants to see me naked any more, so they give me all the time I need to get dressed.

Of course, it was my wife arriving home unexpectedly that resulted in my coming out to her, and that's been a good thing in the long run. Maybe it would be the same with the kids, but we're not quite ready for that just yet.

Barbara Jo
08-03-2011, 03:06 PM
Fisr off, personally I see littlle point of getting dressed completely.....makup and nails, when home alone.
I just dress sans them two things and is easy to change quickly if needed (I'm a jeans and T-shirt person in guy mod) saying I was in the bathroom etc.
If I do not even want to answer the door, I just say I dozed off etc.

eluuzion
08-03-2011, 04:29 PM
Sounds like Fort Knox to me!:eek::D

:heehee: hiya CA

I probababelbully should have mentioned back of house faces south. So it is sunny & bright all day inside house and window film blocks seeing in but I can see out. (as in walking around dressed, lol). So not as intense as it sounds. Not so much "Fort Knox"...as it is just the ability to "Ignore Knocks"...:D

:hugs:

lynn_lynn
08-03-2011, 06:18 PM
gasman knocks on door. says "gonna shut the gas off for a little while for testing" ..

"well hon, its a little hot in here anyways" ..

Jilmac
08-03-2011, 06:38 PM
I had a woman come unexpectedly once to sell me a directory ad for my small business (for which I use my male name). I was fully dressed and when she asked to speak to B***, I said "you're looking at him". This caught her totally off guard but I invited her in, we chatted for about two hours, and I ended up placing the ad. She called the following day and said there was a mistake in the paperwork and asked if she would be imposing to come again. I told her to come so we could take care of the mistake and we chatted again for several hours as she seemed to be curious about the transgender lifestyle. She tole me that she makes and sells necklaces and earrings on line and noe I'm one of her customers.

Jorja
08-03-2011, 07:56 PM
After a few times of freaking out at every little knock on the door you will just go open it to see who is there.

5150 Girl
08-03-2011, 08:07 PM
Back when I was "in" if somone came to the door, I'd look out the upstairs (Which is where I usually am anyway) window, and if I saw a car I recignise in the driveway, I'd holler out the window, "give me a minute and I;ll be down" If I din't know who it was, I'd play ther I'm not home game.
Now-a-days, I just go to the door, I don't care/

PretzelGirl
08-03-2011, 09:09 PM
I started with a garage door alarm and it gave me a jump on family when they came home (or over as a couple that didn't live with me had the keypad code). Anyone at the front door was either out of luck, or if I wanted to get it, I was a master of the quick change (no make-up). But if you want even more of a jump, they do make driveway alarms. If you can hide it in a tree or bush, it can give you a good headstart.

t-girlxsophie
08-03-2011, 11:34 PM
That's one plus point in living in high rise,If i'm on my own and an unexpected visitor comes over,they have to manouver through 2 door entry systems and 10 floors up in elevator before getting to my door,plenty time to perform the big cover-up.This only failed once when my Avon lady was at the door,mind you that turned out ok

Sophie

Rainie Ford
08-04-2011, 02:17 AM
I usually just ignore the door bell. My wife came home early a couple of times from work and I freaked to get changed (she doesnt know about Rainie). One other time my daughter called and said she was on her way over and be there in 15 min, that wasnt as much of a suprise as having to change back to male mode.

Joanna Maguire
08-04-2011, 02:36 AM
Years ago before I came out of the closet I would have hid . Nowdays most know I am a CD so I am out in the open. The money I spend on hairdressers Make up etc
Stays on permanently. Not easy at first But once every one or friends know what you are and how you look. No problems. If they did not like it They would not visit:battingeyelashes:

eluuzion
08-04-2011, 03:56 AM
I started with a garage door alarm and it gave me a jump on family when they came home (or over as a couple that didn't live with me had the keypad code). Anyone at the front door was either out of luck, or if I wanted to get it, I was a master of the quick change (no make-up). But if you want even more of a jump, they do make driveway alarms. If you can hide it in a tree or bush, it can give you a good headstart.

Best $18 you could ever spend...if you like advance warning...
http://www.harborfreight.com/wireless-driveway-alert-system-93068.html

I am in the "security" business and have installed lots of various security devices. Some are worth the investment, some are totally worthless. I think that this is one of the most flexible, reliable products on the market. Both units are battery operated (wireless) and the inside receiver unit can also be plugged into a wall outlet to conserve battery power.

I have one mounted over my front door. I have one (painted black) mounted on the back side of my back fence. Only drawback is that coyotes/cats/etc will set them off too! But if you do not want to be bothered with what is sneaking around outside, you can just turn off the receiver and it will not chime.

In my opinion, nothing good ever results from answering an unexpected knock at your front door. hehehehe

Sharon B.
08-04-2011, 06:19 AM
Depends on who it is, close friend I'll pretend I'm not in the house. Stranger go ahead and open the door.

Samantha43
08-04-2011, 06:55 AM
I don't answer the door. It's always someone trying to sell something or asking for a donation. I don't answer in boy mode either. My friends and family always call first.

BRANDYJ
08-04-2011, 07:11 AM
This thread reminded me of a time I was visiting a couple, friends of mine. He is a CD and his wife is very accepting. So I was there dressed sitting at the table enjoying a cocktail with them when all of the sudden their neighbor that lives behind them came into the screened patio to visit since they are friends. We panicked for a minute when all of the sudden the wife said something to the effect, " sit still, he might as well know and besides you are close friends". So she let him in. As I remember it, there was hardly any thing said by my CD friend, other then now you know the real me. Well, the neighbor sat down and had a beer with us. Soon his wife also knew and they never batted an eye seeing him or me there dressed. It really was no big deal to him or his wife.
As for me, I simply neveranswere the door when dressed. Most of my friends know to call in advance. If my car is there and they ask me later where I was, I would say I was gone with another friend in his car.
Now that I think about it, I think one reason I never tried to cultivatfriendshipsps with neighbors was so I would not have to have them just dropping in as some neighbors do with each other.

Anna Bee
08-04-2011, 04:00 PM
The people in my life are already used to the fact that I never answer phones, doors, FB messages... Or anything else :)

Thats probably why I don't have many friends haha

NicoleScott
08-04-2011, 04:10 PM
I never answer my door to unscheduled visitors. I do not reward unacceptable behavior; I discourage it so it will not be repeated.

I totally agree. It's my door. I choose whether or not to open it. I have no obligation to greet unexpected visitors.

Taylor Skyrim
08-04-2011, 04:19 PM
Well right now my car has no breaks so people don't know if I'm home or not, and the only person That has came over in the last 3 months is my land lord who was checking water pipes and he called 3 hours before he came over because I told him I was not going to be home till about that time and it gave me time to change. My parents always call and if they need me I go to there house which is no futher then 3/8 of a mile away from where I live.