PDA

View Full Version : What a strange life.

gretchen2
08-03-2011, 09:52 AM
sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

arbon
08-03-2011, 11:16 AM
If she is happy and comfortable in her identity what does it matter? What you or anyone else in the trans community thinks is irrelevant, she does not have to conform to what others believe so they can be comfortable and feel validated with their own judgments and sense of how the world should be. Many people would argue that even after surgery a trans women is still not a women and that they will always be a man. Being trans one lesson I learn repeatedly is that I can't live and define myself by what other think I am or should be. The most important thing is that I am comfortable with who I am.

AllieSF
08-03-2011, 01:08 PM
Arbon, so very well stated. I second the opinion that it just doesn't really matter. Maybe you should ask yourself the question, "Why am I asking this question?". You are what you are, regardless what others think, so enjoy it.

Jorja
08-03-2011, 01:34 PM
Give Arbon a big shiny gold star for today's best answer

Aprilrain
08-03-2011, 02:14 PM
I don't know what she is but I'm pretty confident she's wasting her money taking estrogen without a T-blocker. Each to her own!

AnnaCalliope
08-03-2011, 02:36 PM
Its possible she doesn't need a T-Blocker. Do you know if she had an orchiectomy? Everyone's bodies are different, and maybe hers just produces a very low amount of testosterone, so low that T-Blockers are unnecessary. In my early twenties, I had blood work done that showed my testosterone was abnormally low and I was actually prescribed meds to correct it (I was against transition at the time).

Also, who are we to question what makes someone happy? If she's happy with her body as is, then let her be happy.

To answer your question about what she is, i.e. a trans-woman, CD on hormones. The technical term would be a Non-Op transsexual, which is a transsexual who decides against getting any operation done. Different from a pre-op or pre-operation transsexual, and a post-op, or post operation. Of course the reasons for this are plentiful, some, like your friend, are simply happy with the degree of femininity they've achieved. I actually have a couple friends back in Georgia who are both M2F trans-women, both on HRT for the last 3 years and neither have any plans for ever getting SRS. Both are very passable, and furthermore, very happy with their place in life. That's not to say it won't change, as we are ever evolving as a person from day 1.

gretchen2
08-03-2011, 03:03 PM
ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Jorja
08-03-2011, 07:01 PM
Gretchen, I think you need to understand that many go only as far as they need to go for the GID to become "under control". It is not for us to decide where that point is. It is up to the individual. For me, that ment going all the way and having SRS.

Victoria Anne
08-04-2011, 07:29 AM
I am a woman , I transitioned 1 year ago and I must say I am not on T-blockers but am on hormones . You must consider that many like me may never be able to afford surgery , If I could ... in a heart beat but I can't . Does that make me less of a woman ? no it does not ! weather you are a woman or man is not solely defined by your body but by who you are inside , what you feel , how you feel and finally it does not make one bit of difference what anyone else thinks ... I am a woman period.

stephiny10
08-04-2011, 12:41 PM
Gretchen,its sad and alittle disappointing to see the very people that you'd hope would understand and support the journey towards what I hope are similar goals and destinations only to perceive a feeling of being looked down at with an air of superiority simply because we do not go all the way for one reason or another and do all what modern medicine can do to turn an individual into a complete woman. I applaud and am so envious of those who can and does go through the entire process and complete their individual journeys,there others who for some personal reason or another do not. You wrote how you don't understand why someone would pump all those hormones into their bodies grow boobs and call it good,well I can tell you that I do take the hormones and am trying to grow boobs but due financial reasons and some compromises to my wife I may never get to have any surgeries but I sure as heck won't stop this wonderful journey to womanhood, I've still have a long way to go I feel good about myself and what has happened so far, I only ask of you and others please don't judge me to harshly but right now I feel as much as a woman as I ever have and am ok with it. I invite any and all dialog and try to have an open mind (after all isn't that one reason that we come to sites like this?) Stephiny

cara
08-04-2011, 03:16 PM
Arbon couldn't have said it better. I am curious about your GG support group, could you elaborate more on that experience.
Thanks, Cara

Hope
08-05-2011, 02:18 AM
Sweetie, we don't get to vote on your gender - you don't get to vote on hers. It is that simple.

The only thing everyone of us has in common is that we identify with the gender that is opposite the one we were assigned at birth. And I am not even sure all of us fit in that broad a group. Beyond that, what we need to feel comfortable, what hormones are right for us, where we fall on the gender spectrum, how we define ourselves, what political parties we affiliate with, and what we have for breakfast are all up for grabs.

You are allowed to do this the way that is right for you, she is allowed the same privilege.

If there are only 2 of you in your town - be sisters and support one another. Wait until a third girl shows up to start forming factions.

lynn_lynn
08-05-2011, 02:59 AM
Im dating a transsexual. She is 199% female minded, 99% female looks. She has no desire for srs, she does not take many hormones at all, she is flat chested more than I am. It would be ignorant to see her as a cute boy. Being with women all my life, and some intimate male experience, as well cders. It only took me 30seconds to realize how unique and beautiful this person is. The level of my understanding the personalities of cd,tg,ts went up a notch as I also understand my own transgendism also thru my relation with her. Ive had a lot to think about the last couple months.