PDA

View Full Version : Little clarification about 1000 questions you have starting transition.

Katesback
08-03-2011, 10:32 AM
One of the things that every TS person I have ever encountered has when they start transition is 1000s of questions. How will this happen? How will I ever do this? How do I do my hair, makeup, walk, talk, interact, ect ect.

We all have them and I wanted to share with you my perspective having lived through the process. Simply put once you seriously devote yourself to the process a lot of the questions will be answered naturally without much thought. When you go through transition you will evolve all over again just as any woman does when she is growing up. Time and experience simply give you the answers to your questions.

Now note I said these happen when you seriously devote yourself to the process. Transition is sooo difficult that without a 100% effort the result is always something less. I have known a ton of TS girls and the ones that did not give it a 100% effort ALWAYS wallow in some state of dispair. Many end up becomming activist, perpetually remain in trans circles, segregate themselves from the general society, and wonder what they did wrong to remain a tranny.

So thats the story for today. If you give it 100% your questions will be answers and everything will fall into place over time.

Katie

gretchen2
08-03-2011, 10:48 AM
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

GypsyKaren
08-03-2011, 11:37 AM
Yep, things tend to work out and fall into place if you let them, not too much of it amounts to rocket science.

Karen Starlene :star:

Stephenie S
08-03-2011, 12:17 PM
It does get easier with time. At some point you will find yourself not thinking about it very much if at all.

But Kate is right. 100% transition effort is needed to transition. Many are just not willing to do this. You will run into them sometimes. You will hear them proclaim, in their deep male voices, that they are just as much a women as anyone else. Ask them about their pickup truck and their guns. It's an easy subject for them to talk about as they sit splay legged and slouched, chugging their Bud from the can.

Stephie

Katesback
08-03-2011, 12:25 PM
LOLOLO Steph:

Your statment cracked me up because I have guns, a big dually pickup truck, and I occasionally drink beer. The truck is a leftover from the past life, the guns were inheritented, and the beer well occasionally. LOL. I just dont talk about the truck an guns very often. LOL

It does get easier with time. At some point you will find yourself not thinking about it very much if at all.

But Kate is right. 100% transition effort is needed to transition. Many are just not willing to do this. You will run into them sometimes. You will hear them proclaim, in their deep male voices, that they are just as much a women as anyone else. Ask them about their pickup truck and their guns. It's an easy subject for them to talk about as they sit splay legged and slouched, chugging their Bud from the can.

Stephie

Melody Moore
08-03-2011, 01:10 PM
I agree that transitioning does take all your focus, that is why I didn't plan on trying to work for the first year. I
have had so many appointments with doctors & other clinical staff it ridiculous - but worth it at the same time ;)

On the subject about work I got another domain to develop today. So I now have 3 website projects on the go now
and this is what I mean - A year ago there would have been no way I could focus on working like this because there
was so much going on in my head & I was determined to get my transition under-way & on track. So life is getting back
on a more even keel again for me now. So it is time to roll up the sleeves, knuckle down to some hard work for awhile
& make a few dollars for my GRS/SRS - Thailand here I come! :D

GypsyKaren
08-03-2011, 01:46 PM
Don't be knocking pickups, my 95 Dakota 4x4 is the workhorse of the house...but no guns and I don't drink. At least not now. No more. Mostly.

Regina
08-03-2011, 01:51 PM
Very good Point!

My fear is failing..as a result it has forced me to lay out a plan and set goals....and achieve them. As a result I constantly review my plan and see if I am on track or I ask myself "Can I move anything forward" and if so I do it!.

Regina

Katesback
08-03-2011, 02:29 PM
If this is about transition, then you might consider that genetic women don't generally think out life as much as they just let it happen. The frame of mind is most important. Speaking of frame of mind. That is perhaps why I say transition takes 100%. If your frame of mind is not completely female you never will be. Those people that switch back and forth between man and woman are perfect examples. They dost cut the cake. Just look at a crossdresser. I have NEVER met a crossdresser that has the full package. A few have a nice presentation but still they are men dressing as women and NOT women.

Very good Point!

My fear is failing..as a result it has forced me to lay out a plan and set goals....and achieve them. As a result I constantly review my plan and see if I am on track or I ask myself "Can I move anything forward" and if so I do it!.

Regina

Traci Elizabeth
08-03-2011, 03:45 PM
I too have a pick-up (actually its an extra vehicle) and comes in handy lots of times.

I am also a gun enthusiast and an expert marksmen in many weapon systems. I also teach other women how to master all aspects of handling, safety, marksmanship, and most importantly "Self-Defense" with handguns. As well as help them with their processing for a Concealed Weapons License.

And I have left the "trans" label for some time and am just a "woman." No one in my church, circle of friends, or associates would have any notion that at one point in my life, I was not a woman.

But I don't drink beer - just wine lover, and a few mix drinks once in a while.

So we do come from all different backgrounds. But make no mistakes, there are far more women shooters than you could imagine and most of them are better shots than men.

Katesback
08-03-2011, 04:38 PM
Talking about the guns, trucks, and beer reminded me of a conversation I had with a trans girl once. At that time I was fairly early in the transition stage. I was surprised at how well she could be a tom boy or a femmm girl. Even if she was a tom boy she was still femm. I asked her how she did it. Her responses was something like "I learned how to work it through experience". Those words sunk in over time and now days I can see what she meant. At the time of the conversation I dont think I could do the whole femm with heels and cute dress but I can now because I know. Perhaps thats why so many crossdressers look absurd wearing the clothing they do because they have not had the experience to learn how to wear those clothes.

I too have a pick-up (actually its an extra vehicle) and comes in handy lots of times.

I am also a gun enthusiast and an expert marksmen in many weapon systems. I also teach other women how to master all aspects of handling, safety, marksmanship, and most importantly "Self-Defense" with handguns. As well as help them with their processing for a Concealed Weapons License.

And I have left the "trans" label for some time and am just a "woman." No one in my church, circle of friends, or associates would have any notion that at one point in my life, I was not a woman.

But I don't drink beer - just wine lover, and a few mix drinks once in a while.

So we do come from all different backgrounds. But make no mistakes, there are far more women shooters than you could imagine and most of them are better shots than men.

ReineD
08-03-2011, 04:43 PM
I have an observation to make about the pickup trucks and the guns. I'm not sure, Stephenie, if you meant that all traces of a transwoman's past needs to be obliterated, even down to changing her interests and hobbies, but I once saw a powerful video about a beautiful TS, Kimberly Reed, who felt it was important post-op to also embrace her past boy life.

I can't find the video now, but I did find a bit of a transcript online although you don't get the same sense of who Kimberly is just from reading the article. Anyway, I think she's awesome and I'd like to share her attitude about being post-op by quoting two excerpts from her story as well as providing the link, for anyone who wants to read it.

http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/Filmmaker-Kimberly-Reeds-Transgender-Transition

If she could go back, Kim says she would have made the transition much earlier, but she is glad she was raised as a boy for one reason. "I think that just [by] being a boy, it's okay for you to be bold and independent and do whatever you want to do. Sometimes, I see girls who are growing up where they reach that age where they really start to doubt themselves and question and kind of withdraw like 11, 12, 13," Kim says. "I'm glad that I was kind of given this license to [have] this boldness."

"It feels like the first part of my life, I was trying to deny the fact that I was really a girl. The second part of my life, after I transitioned, I was kind of trying to deny the fact that I had ever been a boy," Kim says. "Now I kind of feel like I'm in this stage where I'm just trying to make peace with both sides and kind of make peace with my past."

kellycan27
08-03-2011, 05:06 PM
I have said this before and i will say it again. I have been on a number of ts chat sites and there does seem to be a lot of what I personally would normally associate with "man talk" Guns, trucks, muscle cars etc. That isn't to say that there there is anything wrong with women talking about or enjoying these type of activities ( I ride a pretty tricked out Harley Davidson) but, where the rub comes in is that when the topics of what I would personally consider as "girl talk" comes up.. clothes. hair, shoes make up..etc, the general consensus seems to be that these are subjects that are considered more to do with "cross dressing" rather than being transsexual.... and taboo. I was actually called a "rookie"and accused of not really being a TS when I brought this up on another site.
I have to admit that I am a bit baffled by this. I am a girl, and I like girly things. I like to dress and look pretty. I wear make up and lacy under things ( although I don't get all gooey over underwear, nor do I get all dolled up to visit the local mall or grocery store) I still like pretty things that would normally be associated with girls. I have a lot of gg friends and these are the kinds of things that come up in our conversations.. for the most part. Am I missing something? ........................ it's almost as if it's ok to be a girl as long as you aren't too girly about it :heehee:

Kathi Lake
08-03-2011, 05:13 PM
Kelly,

I think that because we crossdressers talk so much about that stuff (good LORD, do we ever talk about it! :)), they assume that if that's where your interests lie, then you as a TS are merely 'playing' at being a woman like we crossdressers are. A bit stereotypical perhaps, but mostly true.

:)

Kathi

kellycan27
08-03-2011, 05:24 PM
Kelly,

I think that because we crossdressers talk so much about that stuff (good LORD, do we ever talk about it! :)), they assume that if that's where your interests lie, then you as a TS are merely 'playing' at being a woman like we crossdressers are. A bit stereotypical perhaps, but mostly true.

:)

Kathi

Kathi
I guess that I must be "playing" at being a woman then, because these things are of much more interest to me than guns, and the like. OMG I hope my husband never finds out! :heehee:

Kel

Katesback
08-03-2011, 05:26 PM
Perhaps the reason we do not talk so much about girly stuff is because it comes with the territory and something we talk about in real life all too often.

ReineD
08-03-2011, 05:53 PM
Am I missing something? ........................ it's almost as if it's ok to be a girl as long as you aren't too girly about it :heehee:

Like you said, it's a question of degree ... and perhaps maturity. Very young girls are expected to have fun experimenting with and talking about makeup (although some of us never do go through that stage, lol). An older woman past the age of 25? Meh! She knows what she needs and she just goes to store, buys it, and forgets about it. Or she'll pick up a magazine every once in a while, note what's new, and if she sees something she wants to try, she'll go to the store, buy it, use it, and then forget about it. The lingerie: if she's looking to impress a guy in bed then she'll focus on it. Otherwise, again, she'll go to the store, pick up a 3 pack of the panty style she likes (lacey or not ... mine happen to be lacey), and then she'll forget about it.

Speaking from a GG's perspective, it's perfectly OK to be girly insofar as knowing what stuff you want to buy in order to appeal to your sense of style, and then buying it, wearing it, and forgetting about it. But I just don't think there is any more to it than that. I don't personally feel a sense of triumph after buying a cute top or shoes, unless I got it at a dirt cheap price. Then I'm proud but it's about having been thrifty. And honestly I can't think of any of my friends who would even be interested in discussing who bought what item of clothing and makeup and when. This would be like giving a play by play account of all the items that went into the grocery cart. :)

EDIT - I have to add, if among my friends anyone knows where to get a bargain or has just gotten a great deal, then it's something to share with the others. :)

Badtranny
08-03-2011, 05:55 PM
I hear ya Kellz!

You should see my room, it's quite pink and flowery.

My roomie says it looks like a teenage girl lives there. I think in a certain way, one does.

I have to admit that I am more "girly" than my friends but I really enjoy it. I just bought a whole box of pink golf balls for our company golf tournament next week.
(I lose a LOT of balls!)

I love to shop, I love to chat and I love chick flicks.

What am I supposed to do? Pretend to be different? No thanks, tried that already ;-)

Aprilrain
08-03-2011, 06:31 PM
Like you said, it's a question of degree ... and perhaps maturity. Very young girls are expected to have fun experimenting with and talking about makeup (although some of us never do go through that stage, lol). An older woman past the age of 25? Meh! She knows what she needs and she just goes to store, buys it, and forgets about it. Or she'll pick up a magazine every once in a while, note what's new, and if she sees something she wants to try, she'll go to the store, buy it, use it, and then forget about it. The lingerie: if she's looking to impress a guy in bed then she'll focus on it. Otherwise, again, she'll go to the store, pick up a 3 pack of the panty style she likes (lacey or not ... mine happen to be lacey), and then she'll forget about it.

Speaking from a GG's perspective, it's perfectly OK to be girly insofar as knowing what stuff you want to buy in order to appeal to your sense of style, and then buying it, wearing it, and forgetting about it. But I just don't think there is any more to it than that. I don't personally feel a sense of triumph after buying a cute top or shoes, unless I got it at a dirt cheap price. Then I'm proud but it's about having been thrifty. And honestly I can't think of any of my friends who would even be interested in discussing who bought what item of clothing and makeup and when. This would be like giving a play by play account of all the items that went into the grocery cart. :)

EDIT - I have to add, if among my friends anyone knows where to get a bargain or has just gotten a great deal, then it's something to share with the others. :)

Reine, this has been my experience with my GG friends. I feel like I'm way more interested in "girly" things than my GG friends are. Thats not to say I don't have friends who like to get dolled up but most of them are younger than me mid to late 20s, we enjoy talking about shopping clothes and stuff but its usually a pretty short conversation like "oh I love your dress" or whatever "thanks I got it at Anthropology on the clearance rack" or wherever "Oh I love that store!" The woman I know who are my age are mostly moms so they are pretty preoccupied with kids. There is a lot of discussion about kids, husbands, work, day to day stuff. One woman I know cut her hair very short when she was running her fingers through her hair one day and discovered baby puke dried in it. Thats when it occurred to her she hadn't had a shower in 2 days! Being a mom is pretty unsexy. I have plenty of single friends to and then we talk about guys and sex by far my favorite topic! Most of my friends be they young or old, married moms or single are recovering alcoholics so there is a lot of discussion about that, invariably as the night progresses we start telling "war stories" this seems to be pretty genderless and is just as funny for guys and girls. the stupid stuff drunks do is just funny!

Jorja
08-03-2011, 06:35 PM
At one point I thought I had to give up everything in my past to be the girl I wanted and needed to be. I sold my guns, my truck, my Harleys, and everything else that was related to him. I learned needle point, knitting, cooking and love to go shopping. Yes, I even love my chick flicks and all of the rest one associates with being female. Guess what? I was miserable. While I do find that I enjoy needle point and knitting and cooking, I also enjoy guns, trucks, and Harleys. The thing is, just because you change your gender, you can't change the past. It is a part of you. It is what makes you uniquely you. Embrace your past and present because that is what is going to make your future.

I totally agree that if you are going to transition you must put forth 100% effort to get 100% results.

kellycan27
08-03-2011, 06:54 PM

Reine
lol That's what I meant.. we talk about bargains and such... we're not getting all moist over the stuff. it doesn't bust out to be a Mary-K or Avon party lmao. How often do you and your gg friends talk about guns, the military, and the like? My point was more along the lines of topics that ( in my own personal) opinion, and what I have experienced while interacting with MY gg friends are things that would be of more interest to girls. And... seem to be taboo on some of the TS sites that I have visited, and in private conversations with some other TS women. Even so, I can see where such a topic might not be of interest to some, but for them to also say that these are NOT topics of discussion for "real" TS girls, but rather as Kathi put it.. The topics of people "playing" at being girls...... I don't get it.

Kel

ReineD
08-03-2011, 07:54 PM
I see your point and I have also observed (generally speaking) TSs not talking so much about clothes and makeup as the CDers. It may well be out of a desire to distance themselves from all that. But, I've also seen some TSs proud of their appearance and there is nothing wrong with that!

How often do I speak to my friends about guns and such? Not much, because I don't know the first thing about them and there is no interest. But, I will talk in detail to a friend about how to repair such and such. Or tips on maintaining the car. Or sports if there has just been a good game. :)

Badtranny
08-03-2011, 08:30 PM
Folks, I would just like to point out that the adorable Kellycan is a post-op TS who happens to be legally married to a man.

Much has been said about Kate's "voice of experience" but I submit that Kellz shares that experience and her opinion should be considered just as valid

ReineD
08-03-2011, 08:55 PM
Badtranny ....... I know. :)

Jorja
08-03-2011, 09:38 PM
Folks, I would just like to point out that the adorable Kellycan is a post-op TS who happens to be legally married to a man.

Much has been said about Kate's "voice of experience" but I submit that Kellz shares that experience and her opinion should be considered just as valid

Yes, and she is not the first here to have done that. Kelly has been through transition and is post-op. I am sure if you asked her, she would tell you she still has much to learn also. She might even admit her views and ideas of things might change in 15 - 20 years.

Kelly should be very proud of her accomplishments so far.

Melody Moore
08-03-2011, 10:32 PM
I once saw a powerful video about a beautiful TS, Kimberly Reed, who felt it was important post-op to also embrace her past boy life.

I also seen a similar video about an Aussie TS girl who continued on with her interest in motor-sport as a racing
car driver after she transitioned. And I do believe we also have another aussie on this forum who races rally cars.

From my own personal experience I was once criticised by a local TS girl from my local support group because it wasn't
very 'lady-like' to stand up for 2 gay guys who were assaulted in a McDonald's Restaurant here in Cairns one night last
year. I spent quite a few years as a teenager & young adult learning how to fight because I had been through a lifetime
of bullying & abuse. So my response to this TS girl who tried to insult me was that 'the need for knowing some type of
self defence is not defined by what gender you are - I believe that MORE women should know how to defend themselves
but most of the time they are not given opportunities to partake in masculine dominated activities, which I believe is the
main reason why many women don't do lots of things that men normally do. You will find most men have very fragile egos &
they can feel very intimidated when they are beaten or outdone by a woman! My own father was a perfect example of this!

So I don't seen any reason not to continue my martial arts training & exercise which has kept me so quick & nibble all my
life. I can't exactly de-program from all the masculine things I have learnt throughout the years. In fact when I think about
it. I am glad that I did all of those things - including joining the army because it allowed me the opportunity to talk about
the art of combat with men, when most of the time other women would be shut completely out & denied such opportunities.

Another thing I did was I was a motorcycle rider & owned many motorbikes over the years. It is quite funny now when
I meet guys who ride bikes because I am able to hold a good conversation with them & the funny thing is they seem to
really respect me a lot more now because as a female they can talk to me about the things that interest them. A guy
met a month or so ago made the comment to me recently that he was 'glad to meet a chick with some get up & go'.

OK, so I can be a bit of a tom-boy & can be very competitive in some of the things I do, so what? I am also still very girly
which is what other people still see in me most of all. The point is I don't get questioned about my gender because I know
any of these things. And I believe the reason is because most people today do know that girls do drive pickups, trucks &
tractors, and they can also fly planes, helicopters so what? It makes no difference to who they are as females.

My own mother is a shooter & has been a gun owner all my life & while it is normally the father who teaches their son's,
It was my mother who taught me to shoot from about the age of 8 or 9 years old. But this isn't the only masculine type
dominated activity my mother taught me - it was my own mother who would take me fishing & taught me how to fish!

The funny thing was I could see that my father didn't like shooting & fishing so much because he wasn't as good at these
sports as my mother was. It was quite funny later in life for the last 10 years or so before they finally divorced - my father
finally bit the bullet & went out & bought a 32foot boat to appease my mother's interest in fishing. Aged over 70 now my
mother still owns her own boat & fishes very regularly around Cardwell & the Hinchinbrook Island area of North Queensland.

PS: I should mention, my own sister is a National Park & Wildlife officer who patrols the national
parks & marine parks in the area she lives & she skipper's the marine parks high-speed patrol boat.

I don't like my sister but I respect her because she is another girl who found her rightful place in a male dominated world. ;)

The bottom-line is that gender roles play no part in defining our gender identity.

Jay Cee
08-03-2011, 10:34 PM
I feel some sense of relief re: hobbies of the past not being left behind. I ride mountain bike (urban freeride, XC, and occasionally DH). I most definitely do not want to leave that behind - it's been my favourite activity for the past 10 years. The urban freeride is a heckuva lot of fun, but isn't something I have seen any females doing in this area.

Kelsy
08-04-2011, 03:52 AM
This Thread is the Best Kate! I have nothing but respect and admiration for all the post ops on this site.
I always take you're advice to heart! The ggs I know can be as tough as the guy's at times if not tougher
but always pull it of as naturally feminine. There is a female essence that is hard to define but I believe it is
the inner attitude - a knowing if you will - Just as you say Kate you have to be commited to "being" a woman
all else falls short.

K

noeleena
08-04-2011, 06:27 AM
Hi,

Real life is , what did you say . clothes make up shoes earings hair ooops not here, & then theres home life kids grand kids food meetings groups doing your house up , yes our dauhters as well. yard work firewood cleaning washing & last tho not least the beast 4 x 4 ,& maintance.

& all of this is a part of my life & plus a lot more, i did miss one detail out i dont have to work . retired.

Very few details / things have changed for me over the last few years. in how i do things . of cause there have been changes , thats part of life ,
Im just takeing a over view,

The nicest changes have been being accepted being a part of womens groups dressing in clothes of a bygone age or two . having fun with people you love ,& are getting to know better. forming friiendships seeing your grand kids grow . & haveing friends all round the world .

its taken over 14 years to happen yet started 54 years ago from the time i knew my self . so from that point many nice changes just a lot of hard work to get there.

...noeleena...

Kittykitty
08-04-2011, 04:40 PM
I have said this before and i will say it again. I have been on a number of ts chat sites and there does seem to be a lot of what I personally would normally associate with "man talk" Guns, trucks, muscle cars etc.
Am I missing something? ........................ it's almost as if it's ok to be a girl as long as you aren't too girly about it :heehee:

Yes Kelly, the problem is you are hanging out on trans boards. Some of the best advice I ever got was not to "learn to be a woman by listening to a TS."

While TS sites are great, and most of us frequent them, they can be poison too. I've resigned myself to only checking this forum for TS things, every other forum I attend are cis-gendered female sites, where most members have been verified. A lot are more girly than any crossdresser could ever be, there's tons of fashion talk, makeup talk, babies, food and a ton of kid and husband talks. edit = also a lot of inter-personal relationship talk, and questions about tact. I rarely hear a ts or cd agonize over how they will mention to their co-worker that they're chewing their gum too loudly or the like. Women actually care deeply about other's feelings.

If that's what you're up for, look around and find them. The gun and pick up talk does nothing for me, the 'trannier than thou' does even less. Cis-gendered women are where it's at, and you never have to feel weird for asking questions about home decor, or if these shoes are hot or not.

Frances
08-04-2011, 05:08 PM
Yes KellyWhile TS sites are great, and most of us frequent them, they can be poison too. I've resigned myself to only checking this forum for TS things, every other forum I attend are cis-gendered female sites, where most members have been verified. A lot are more girly than any crossdresser could ever be, there's tons of fashion talk, makeup talk, and a ton of kid and husband talks.

Can you please recommend some? Apart from this site, I am on music forums all day. I would love to find something else to balance things out.

Stephenie S
08-04-2011, 05:18 PM
My, my. Look what I started with a lighthearted, offhand remark about guns and pickups. None the less I have attended far too many support group meeting when that's all there is to talk about.

So, in the interests of complete disclosure I happen to have a truck too. Not my daily drive. My DD is a SAAB. But I do own a 1977 3/4 ton Chevy flat bed stake body truck. It's the farm's truck. I don't have to talk about it though. It's cool enough just by itself. I try to put my car away in the winter and just drive the truck.

I have a gun too. A single shot 22 caliber rifle from my father's childhood. No ammunition though. If I wanted to use that gun I would have to hit someone over the head with it.

Stephie

ReineD
08-04-2011, 05:20 PM
A lot are more girly than any crossdresser could ever be, there's tons of fashion talk, makeup talk, babies, food and a ton of kid and husband talks. edit = also a lot of inter-personal relationship talk, and questions about tact. I rarely hear a ts or cd agonize over how they will mention to their co-worker that they're chewing their gum too loudly or the like. Women actually care deeply about other's feelings.

That jives with girls' forums I've seen online too. But the makeup and fashion forums tend to be populated mostly by younger women, who do eventually outgrow this. I'd say that relationships with men tends to be the biggest topic of all, across all ages. :p And I totally can see a discussion on how to handle "sticky" situations at work. It is true that we strive to be confrontation-free and we do like to spare other people's feelings. And then there are all the divorce and child-rearing forums.

kellycan27
08-04-2011, 06:14 PM
Yes Kelly, the problem is you are hanging out on trans boards. Some of the best advice I ever got was not to "learn to be a woman by listening to a TS."

While TS sites are great, and most of us frequent them, they can be poison too. I've resigned myself to only checking this forum for TS things, every other forum I attend are cis-gendered female sites, where most members have been verified. A lot are more girly than any crossdresser could ever be, there's tons of fashion talk, makeup talk, babies, food and a ton of kid and husband talks. edit = also a lot of inter-personal relationship talk, and questions about tact. I rarely hear a ts or cd agonize over how they will mention to their co-worker that they're chewing their gum too loudly or the like. Women actually care deeply about other's feelings.

If that's what you're up for, look around and find them. The gun and pick up talk does nothing for me, the 'trannier than thou' does even less. Cis-gendered women are where it's at, and you never have to feel weird for asking questions about home decor, or if these shoes are hot or not.

My statement was just an observation that I thought to be quite interesting. To be perfectly honest I have never ever attended any kind of support group whether it be for transsexuals or LGBT. I don't feel weird asking questions.. if you don't ask questions.. you will never get the answers. if you look back through a lot of my posts and threads.. you'll see that I question a lot of things.. I am quite curious about what makes people tick. I have been full time since I was 20..going on nine years now, and in those nine years I have been living,working, and playing in the mainstream.. or i guess what you call cis. I don't join cis chat groups because I get all the cis I want on a daily basis. The TS sites that I do log onto, I do because as I mentioned I am curious, and I have friends on these sites.

Regina
08-05-2011, 09:16 AM
The frame of mind is there, probably since birth. I guess I should have explained better....it is about transition but more of the financial side of things that one encounters Ex- hair removal, therapy, SRS. None of it will be free...so I have laid out for myself a plan and strict budget to achieve these things.

Got a 4WD Suburban, 4 rifles and a handgun, plus 5 motorcycles. The GMC is for 4-H...i would prefer a Miata, I don't know why I have the guns other than the pistol (for protection) the rifles were for target shooting with my cousin which we no longer do...i should sell them!. The 5 bikes?....I'll ride until I die...riding is my first love!

RMD