PDA

View Full Version : Danni Renee made her way out into the daylight :)

Deana ♥ Danni
08-03-2011, 06:18 PM
Danni Renee left today to find housing at the next assignment, and she is driving down dressed. She was soooo excited but still a little nervous ♥ I was there to help her dress before she left :D We took pictures that she will post a little later :) ♥ I just wanted to share with you all ;)

Deana ♥ Danni

I LOVE YOU Danni Renee and I am soooo happy for you :) ♥

TxKimberly
08-03-2011, 06:23 PM
Awe . . . :D
How very neat and how very neat to have someone that shares the moment with you.

Mimi
08-03-2011, 06:26 PM
How exciting! And it's so great you were able to share in this and offer support.

SusanMarie
08-03-2011, 06:41 PM
:)No turning back now....
and to quote an old tv commercial...
Thank you for your support!

Eryn
08-03-2011, 06:46 PM
Congratulations to Danni Renee from another recently new venturer into the wide world! It's an amazing experience and I'm sure that Danni will have a lot to talk about both to Deana and to us!

And a big hug to Deana for being so supportive! :hugs:

Eryn

Amanda22
08-03-2011, 06:52 PM
Wow, Deana, you are truly awesome!! Danni is so lucky, and from Danni's posts, I sense you're lucky, too. Can't wait for pics.

Kim_Bitzflick
08-03-2011, 07:38 PM
That is AWESOME. With a SO like, how can she lose?

Danni Renee
08-03-2011, 08:38 PM
Well, as Deana advertised I finally made my way out into the daylight today. I was not going to dress for the trip down but I read a thread the other day about driving cross country dressed and it sparked a desire in me to give it a try. I talked with Deana and with her approval I decided to do it.

After saying goodbye to the kids, I met Deana and we talked for a while before she helped me get dressed. Although I picked out the outfit and accessories myself, Deana helped me get ready. I did not wear makeup because of where I was driving to. After getting dressed, I stepped out of the truck and walked around for a little bit before I left. As part of walking around I got to feel the wind blowing through my hair and it felt so awesome! Deana took a few pictures of me for memories sake, we kissed, and then I was off.

I was so nervous to start off; I was driving through areas where I could be seen by people who know me but I can tell you the smile never left my face. It felt so good to be out in the open and to be myself. Plus I felt very secure in my truck!

The first five hours of the trip were uneventful. Just driving and talking to Deana for the most part (over cell phone with hands free device). I did not notice anyone looking at me strange or anything as I drove and I felt great inside.

After crossing the time zone sign on I-40 in TN I began to get nervous. The closer I got to my final destination the more nervous I got. I had to stop for fuel just short of Nashville and I thought it was the thought of that stop that made me nervous. And although I did feel uneasy, I was able to stop at a station and get fuel while dressed without any issues. There were people around, mostly males but I sort of stayed hidden so as not to attract attention. It was sort of funny, I told myself before I stopped that all I had to do was portray confidence and I would be okay. I got myself all pumped up but when I pulled into the gas station, another vehicle pulled close and I got nervous. I started the pump and then sat in the truck until it was done 

Getting back on the road I was a little better but it only lasted a few minutes before I started getting nervous again. I could not put my finger on it until I was past Nashville and then it hit me. Before I stopped for gas I was passed by an SUV with a National Guard license plate. I knew when I saw it that it must have been someone of rank because of the number on the plate. That got me thinking about how easy it is to identify people in the military by the different things (stickers, plates, and stuff) on their vehicles. I finally started figuring it out as I was going through Nashville. The stickers on my truck would easily identify me to anyone in the military that passed me. I started getting more and more nervous about it the closer I got to my destination. Finally, a car passed me that sent me into a panic. Although it did not look like a military person, the car had a West Virginia University sticker on it just like mine and the guy driving it took a long hard look as he drove by! I went to full panic mode and pulled off at the next exit and changed back into my male clothes. I would have had to change soon anyway but that was not the way I wanted my first journey to end.

So that is the story of my first trip out into the light. Would I do it again? ABSOLUTELY! I need to think it through a little better for the return trip but I will be dressed when I go back to WV this weekend. I may put on makeup but I have not decided. I do not know if I will count this as my true first time out since I did not interact with anyone during the trip but it is another step on the journey.

Thank you all again for your support and the posts of those that have gone before that continue to inspire me to finally be who I really am.

Danni

P.S. THANK YOU DEANA! I LOVE YOU!

Amanda22
08-03-2011, 08:44 PM
Danni, congratulations and you look fantastic. The happiness is so obvious and I love that. Please be careful out there. Your truck is pretty unique looking (nice!) and the stickers and such could identify you as you explained. I'd hate for you to run into any trouble professionally. Isn't being out just the most exhilarating thing ever??

PretzelGirl
08-03-2011, 09:02 PM
That is awesome Danni! This is only the beginning as I do feel you seem to be someone that will want to get out often (if I am not misreading you). Soon you will not be caring about those people driving past you. I had my brother-in-law pull up almost beside me once and nothing happened. It is a confidence you get from going out more and the realization sinks in that nothing is going to happen.

Deana, you rock!

Stephenie S
08-03-2011, 09:02 PM
Oh for goodness sake, Danni. That's your outfit for the trip? You look FINE. There is nothing out of the ordinary to pique ANYONE'S interest. You look quite normal. Relax, girl. Next time you go for a drive, try to examine people in other cars the way you are imagining others are examining you. A whole lot of those people might just as well be naked for all you will be able to tell without having an accident.

Anyway, dear, I just wanted to say you look just fine.

Stephie

Stephenie S
08-03-2011, 09:06 PM
Yeah. All those gawkers were looking at the babe inna truck, not your bumper stickers.

S

Alice B
08-03-2011, 09:12 PM
I second TxKimberly's comments.

Cynthia Anne
08-03-2011, 10:17 PM
Just what I NEEDED! A nice loving and relaxing bed time story! Thanks and hugs for you both!!!

jessica renee
08-03-2011, 10:44 PM
Danni you look totally feminine, if I saw you on the street I wouldn't think for a moment that you were a man. And you are so lucky to have such an accepting SO in Deana.

Eryn
08-03-2011, 11:24 PM
Yeah. All those gawkers were looking at the babe inna truck, not your bumper stickers.

I'll second that! Put yourself in guy mode for a second and think of what you would do if you saw a tall blonde in a pickup!

I understand your anxiety, but I think that your imagination took you for a bit of a ride. Yes, the stickers might make you identifiable, but remember that a lot of military people's wives also drive vehicles with stickers and guess what you're being taken for!

You really should try it with makeup next time. For me, makeup really helped my confidence as well as making me more committed to presenting as female. A pair of stylish femme sunglasses also help if driving during the daytime.

Congratulations! Eryn

t-girlxsophie
08-03-2011, 11:25 PM
Nothing better than a nice feel good story,Congratulations Danni,the smile on your face tells the story of a fabulous trip.I hope this is the first of many for you.How can you go wrong with the love and support of Deana behind you.Heres to a bright future :)

Sophie

Wendy_Marie
08-04-2011, 06:44 AM
Danni,
I am very happy for you and disregarding the anxious moments you had...it sounds as if you had a wonderful experience.
kisses to you and the So who sounds so loving and supportive.

mweb015
08-04-2011, 09:55 AM
bravo. You look great

RenneB
08-04-2011, 10:13 AM
Great story girl. I'm impressed. That smile on your face tells it all. Although I venture out about one time in 20 or so, each time is a thrill. I'm more for the blending in like you and that's what makes it soo hard. I just want to look like a normally attractive GG. But then I think of my male side and think of all the things I do to look at GGs. That's what set in the paranoid issues. I'm thinking that if I do all these things just to get a look at an attractive GG, doesn't the majority of other guys? I'm thinkin so, but that still doesn't stop me it only makes my work that much harder to get into the passing zone.....

Hope to hear about your next trip..

Renne...

Claire Cook
08-04-2011, 10:25 AM
I'll second that!

You really should try it with makeup next time. For me, makeup really helped my confidence as well as making me more committed to presenting as female. A pair of stylish femme sunglasses also help if driving during the daytime.

Congratulations! Eryn

I'll third that! Thanks for sharing -- great first major drive. Makeup and "stylish" sunglasses give me more confidence on the road .. especially when I need to do a pit stop at an Interstate rest area (using the ladies' loo is really natural for me now). They also help me relax more -- big help when I'm doing a 500+ mile day!

kimdl93
08-04-2011, 04:38 PM
Danni, congratulations on getting out there. Isn't it an incredible feeling? One note regarding the fear of being identified as military - there are ladies in the military too and I bet many of them have stickers on their vehicles.

DonniDarkness
08-04-2011, 05:09 PM
Deana and Danni sitting in a tree k -i -s -s -i -n -g! Sorry couldnt resist, you two are adorable.

You looked great Danni and the smile on your face made me grin too.

Keep us posted on your adventures!

-Donni-

MsCheriMarie
08-04-2011, 05:24 PM
Hooray - I bet it was LIBERATING!

Cassandra90
08-04-2011, 05:57 PM
Congrats! You look awesome! How refreshing.