PDA

View Full Version : Finally told someone!

Stacy Lyn
08-04-2011, 04:08 PM
It wasn't planned but I'm very happy it happened.
I had painted my toes a very subtle translucent pink that was hardly noticeable, or so I thought.
I decided to live on the edge and went out wearing my flip-flops. I was very nervous and thought that everyone would notice my toes but no stares or pointing and laughing. Once I was done my errands I decided to stop and see a friend and bring her a cold drink. We sat outside on the tailgate of my truck enjoying the sun when she looks down and says "are your toes painted?". My heart rate doubles while I try to think of how to respond when I blurt out "Yes". A bit of silence follows and I wonder what's going to happen when she responds with "How cute!" and carries on with our previous conversation.
I mulled it over a few days and decided when the opportunity comes by I will tell her that I"m a CD.
Long story short we had lunch together and I spilled the beans and she is totally cool with it and has agreed to go shopping with me when we have a chance.
Feels great to to have told someone finally!
I thank the members of this forum as you all have helped me accept who I am
Hugs,
Stacy

RADER
08-04-2011, 04:24 PM
Congratulations; Now that you broke the Ice as it were, Just take Baby Steps, Go slowly
and do not hit her with to much at one time.
Good Luck,
Rader

kimdl93
08-04-2011, 04:27 PM
Stacy, That's wonderful. Of course, we are always cautioned to take it slow and steady. In this case, I'd say just enjoy the opportunity you've opened up for yourself. At the same time, be prepared to discuss this with others. The more open you are, the more likely you'll face a similar situation again. And really, that's a good thing!

Genifer Teal
08-04-2011, 04:27 PM
I remember those days. Proceed with caution and enjoy it.

kristinacd55
08-04-2011, 04:31 PM
That's great Stacy....good for you. Like what's been said before, just don't go overboard with it

Cynthia Anne
08-04-2011, 11:45 PM
Nothing like a true friend that you can confide in! Congrads!

Stacy Lyn
08-06-2011, 12:25 AM
Thank you for the advice ladies, I could easily see myself getting carried away with the excitement of coming out to someone and pushing too hard.
I think a slow pace is indeed the best way to go.
Thanks again for your advice.
Hugs,
Stacy

Jorja
08-06-2011, 10:31 AM
Thats great Stacy. It always feels so good to be able to tell another person. Others have said go slow, I say read your friend and go at her pace.

Mercedes
08-07-2011, 01:07 AM
Congrats Stacy! I remember when I told the first and only person other than my wife. I did it over the phone as they had moved to Toronto. She was so supportive and accepting it really made my heart sing. And knowing that I will always have that person to confide in and share my CDing with is very special. Now 7 years later I am looking for confidant #2.

Mercedes XOXOXO