PDA

View Full Version : Counselling - go for it!

Jay Cee
08-04-2011, 06:19 PM
For all of those who aren't certain about whether or not you should seek gender counselling, I say go for it. I had one of those "Ah, so that's why" moments today while in session that helped me to understand an impasse that I had a few days ago. I was so startled by what I realized that I was almost in tears (but in a good way).

Kaitlyn Michele
08-04-2011, 06:52 PM
For all of those who aren't certain about whether or not you should seek gender counselling, I say go for it. I had one of those "Ah, so that's why" moments today while in session that helped me to understand an impasse that I had a few days ago. I was so startled by what I realized that I was almost in tears (but in a good way).

its kind of like when you sat there in high school crying over a math homework problem until your dad smacks the back of your head and says.."ok...so what is the problem!??!!"...and you look at the problem and you all of a sudden get the answer...

i'm glad you had a good experience!!

Jay Cee
08-04-2011, 07:29 PM
its kind of like when you sat there in high school crying over a math homework problem until your dad smacks the back of your head and says.."ok...so what is the problem!??!!"...and you look at the problem and you all of a sudden get the answer...

Not sure that is quite the analogy I would use. :D

StephanieC
08-04-2011, 07:50 PM
How did you decide who to see?

Steph.TS
08-04-2011, 08:16 PM
for me I just asked if they could help me with my gender dysphoria, after seeing how access able she was, and what times she was available.

Aprilrain
08-04-2011, 08:16 PM
glad you had a break through : )

NinefoldBloom
08-04-2011, 08:19 PM
I definitely agree. I agree that you should see one if you can as they can be a great help even with stuff like handling any conflicts you've had. Just make sure you get a well-qualified and understanding one.

I was lucky with my university. They have a well-staffed counseling center that is free for me to use. My counselor is very knowledgeable and experienced with all sorts of issues.

Jay Cee
08-04-2011, 10:34 PM

There is an GLBT support centre here in the city. I put my name on the waiting list (which was lengthy), and went for temporary counselling at another place during the wait. On the plus side, this is long term counselling, and it is free of charge.

xErica
08-04-2011, 11:19 PM
Im trying to find a counselor now. hopping to be in with one soon.:hugs: