PDA

View Full Version : Good shopping trip

BiancaEstrella
08-04-2011, 11:26 PM
Monday afternoon, I got together with a friend who knows for a bit of retail therapy. I threw on a black cross-chest top, some slim-cut jeans, and silver Steve Madden flats. I also did my makeup pretty thoroughly, using a bronze foundation, a bit of blush, and mauve-gold lip (gorgeous earth tone). It's also important to note that I didn't do anything to my eyes, so I kept my shades on even while inside.

Anyway, I had a gift card to Old Navy, so that was our first stop. While there, I felt stares but didn't entertain them much, someone 6ft 3in dressed as I was will draw attention. If someone confronts me in a hostile way that's different, but I've found that just going about your business will just get you the best result anyway. Act like you belong and nobody will bother you :) I found a cute, versatile blue dress that immediately drew my eye; my friend had a gold/tan print dress that was a bit longer in mind. This is the same friend that says I need to show off my legs, lol. Well the blue dress won, and the sales rep at the checkout line didn't bat an eyelash at me obviously purchasing this dress for myself.

The next stop was TJ Maxx, a store she loves. I'm not gaga about it but have found deals there, so on we went. There we were perusing dresses when she decided to shop around the rest of the store. She just left me there browsing, which was fine because it gave me a chance to flip thru some stuff and put things that I liked to the side. To make a long story short, we picked a multiple-colored dress that was on sale from $70 to $16, but it wound up not fitting me once I got it home (the dressing room line was surprisingly long for a Monday afternoon; I counted on it fitting based on the body press and the fact that I typically can take an L in dresses). Still and all, I had no nerves the entire day, other than the thought that my shades were slipping down my face and exposing the caterpillars over my eyes.

I didn't get a pic from that day because I left my phone at home, but here's a couple shots of the dress I bought. Perhaps I'll put on face tomorrow and update this thread with real, full shots.

BiancaEstrella
08-04-2011, 11:29 PM
Forgot to show the pic of how the dress looks when tied as a halter. Here it is.

Cynthia Anne
08-04-2011, 11:55 PM
Wow! NICE DRESS! You wear it well! Shoping for yourself is so much fun! Hugs!

erickka
08-05-2011, 05:26 AM
Nice dress. I like the looks of it better worn as a halter style.

Marie-Elise
08-05-2011, 05:36 AM
Great dress and love the strappy sandals.

rachaelsloane
08-05-2011, 10:22 AM
Like the others have said, great looking dress and sandals. I do agree with Erickka, it looks better as a halter dress.

kimdl93
08-05-2011, 01:18 PM
Great looking dress. More importantly, what a great day. I think you're absolutely right - if you go about your business, no one is likely to care much if a 6'3" person shopping for dressing - male or female.