PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressing pilots

NV Susan
08-05-2011, 02:35 PM
While driving past the airport today I noticed a few small private airplanes lined up for takeoff. I got to wondering if there are any pilots on here that are able to fly while en femme.
I know many of you have flown commercial while en femme, but I think it would be cool to fly a small plane {or even a jumbo jet} while dressed.
Something to add to my bucket list.....

renee k
08-05-2011, 02:47 PM
That would go over like a lead ballon at the airline I fly for. So for now Renee stays home.

Renee

NathalieX66
08-05-2011, 03:04 PM
I met someone at the Keystone Conference a couple of months ago that was a pilot for a major airline, that retired and tranistioned afterwards. That's about it.

VioletJourney
08-05-2011, 03:06 PM
It's probably a good idea for the pilots to look like the picture on their ID.

sissystephanie
08-05-2011, 04:26 PM
I really don't care what kind of clothes the pilots are wearing, as long as they know how to fly the airplane properly! I am not a pilot and at my advanced age probably never will be, but that certainly doesn't stop me from flying!! Have never done it enfemme, and probably never will!! I do like to wear the clothes, but there are limits!!

barbie lanai
08-05-2011, 04:33 PM
Used to have a Cherokee 180 and flew several times enfemme. Once in the air there is no one to see you. So only the take off and landings are a concern. Once went flying enfemme during the "Father's Day Fly In" they have at the local airport. Took off early but on return, people were everywhere. Even had some on folding chairs in my tie down spot, that I had to shoo out so I could park.

Mikaela
08-05-2011, 05:10 PM
It's probably a good idea for the pilots to look like the picture on their ID.

Our pilot's licenses don't have pictures on them, so you just need a legal photo ID and that could be your femme presentation.

Still, I won't be flying en femme. There's enough going on with briefings, pre-flight, and cockpit management where I don't want to worry about looking pretty, dealing with headset on wig, climbing up to check the fuel, and or dealing with feet on pedals. True, we don't need to get all night on the town beautiful, but I'd rather enjoy my flight in other ways.

So no thanks.

Phoebe Reece
08-06-2011, 01:37 PM
A CD friend of mine is a pilot for one of the major airlines. His employer and many of those he flies with knows about his crossdressing. He doesn't fly dressed femme when working, but on his off time that's another matter. He related this story to me about what he once did:

My friend and his first wife were taking a vacation to San Francisco and he decided to fly femme for that. The wife was accepting and went along with that (my friend is very passable). He had at some time purchased a female flight attendant uniform -a skirtsuit for the same airline he worked for, with all the proper insignia. He decided to wear that uniform on his vacation flight. The crew on the flight all knew about his crossdressing and were OK with it. They were flying in First Class. The wife wanted a drink or something and the regular flight attendant was busy, so my friend got up and got what the wife wanted. While doing that, another passenger (totally unsuspecting) and thinking my friend was just another stewardess on the flight, asked my friend for a drink. Well, my friend ended up spending most of the flight serving passengers on that flight. The crew on the flight thought it was hilarious. My friend said the wife didn't think it was funny at all.

TxKimberly
08-06-2011, 02:11 PM
I have personally met at least three pilots of major airlines from this very forum and know from reading posts that there are many more. So, there ARE lots of pilots here, but I doubt that most of them would every consider trying to pilot a passenger airplane while dressed. Pretty sure that would be a career killer unless you were actually transitioning.
On a related note, I've noted a remarkable increase in the number of female pilots these days and LOVE the concept. After all, I have a daughter and want her to have all the same choices that I do. :)

Pythos
08-06-2011, 02:42 PM
Comercial Instrument single engine land. Working on CFI.

I have flown in "fem" stuff, like leggings and one time a catsuit with a lady friend similarly attired.

Would love to wear a skirt sometime, but the way things are going there is a fat chance of that happening.

AllyM
08-06-2011, 02:45 PM
I fly underdressed regularly, but I would never consider making it known. I believe it would cost me my job.

Karren H
08-06-2011, 03:03 PM
A neighbor of mine.... And someone I bought an old vintage car from.... was a US Air pilot and had gender reassignment surgery. Kept flying for them for years... Don't know where she is now. Lost track of her.

naye
08-07-2011, 12:35 AM
A neighbor of mine.... And someone I bought an old vintage car from.... was a US Air pilot and had gender reassignment surgery. Kept flying for them for years... Don't know where she is now. Lost track of her.

I also know about a pilot who got gender reassignment surgery and keep flying but in American Airlines.

veronika_cd
09-01-2011, 03:47 AM
I agree Mikaela, I found it hard enough to drive in high heels ha ha, but seriously flying a small plane is not something you want to do while being distracted. Especialy not in busy airspace like we have in LA.

JeanDoe
09-01-2011, 07:06 AM
You can add one here. I fly for an airline in Europe but would never do it en femme. However, my suitcase is usually quite filled with both "options" in it!

veronika_cd
09-01-2011, 06:21 PM
Its so cool to find out that ther are so many pilots and aviation enthusiast here! Do any groups ever fly out for a
"100 dollar" hamburger?

barbie lanai
09-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Flew several times to Nut Tree airport for the $100 hamburger. But only did it underdressed

Laura Evans
09-01-2011, 06:35 PM
I flew small planes for years but no longer and never en femme, I was not as out then as I am now. I would have enjoyed it I'm sure.

veronika_cd
09-01-2011, 06:38 PM
I would only do it in guy mode too. just thought it would fun. I just moved to soCal and the scenery is so awesome in the air. And there are tones of great places to fly to.

Lori B
09-01-2011, 06:40 PM
:):heehee: NSJxiS9wQ20&feature=related

Mikaela
09-01-2011, 06:45 PM
There's a diner at French Valley that was decent. Buffalo Burgers at Catalina aren't really worth it since Avalon is not convenient from the airport.
Big Bear has a diner that's ok, I had a good Reuben there.
Palomar has free transient parking now, but haven't eaten there yet. I do the down the coast run when I don't feel like dealing with a lot, just relax, and get some X-C time.
I've done SBA for dates, but that's not a cheap run (hour each way, plus parking, plus food).
I did Santa Paula once, but just had dessert there.
I often use Anna's at El Monte as part of my "Tourist Flight" circuit since it's only 15 minutes from Long Beach and gives my passengers a small taste if they aren't doing too well. (Then over to downtown, over SMO for the SFR, down over LAX to the beach cities and often out to Catalina if things are good)

Debglam
09-01-2011, 09:21 PM
They always used to warn female flight crew about wearing makeup under their oxygen masks (would anyone???). It seems that the oils in makeup combined with pure oxygen creates a fire hazard and would create burns on the skin. I wasn't dressing at the time but often wondered how I would explain facial burns like that to the flight surgeon! :battingeyelashes:

Debby

Jenny J
09-01-2011, 10:23 PM
There's a diner at French Valley that was decent. Buffalo Burgers at Catalina aren't really worth it since Avalon is not convenient from the airport.
Big Bear has a diner that's ok, I had a good Reuben there.
Palomar has free transient parking now, but haven't eaten there yet. I do the down the coast run when I don't feel like dealing with a lot, just relax, and get some X-C time.
I've done SBA for dates, but that's not a cheap run (hour each way, plus parking, plus food).
I did Santa Paula once, but just had dessert there.
I often use Anna's at El Monte as part of my "Tourist Flight" circuit since it's only 15 minutes from Long Beach and gives my passengers a small taste if they aren't doing too well. (Then over to downtown, over SMO for the SFR, down over LAX to the beach cities and often out to Catalina if things are good)

Mikaela-

You left out the best place in So Cal to fly into...Meadowlark airport in Huntington Beach. Sadly it is no longer there due to suburban encroachment (housing tract). Grass strip for banner tows, short paved strip (2000 ft.) and awesome hamburgers. Don't forget to pay the landing fee or you might get your plane chained to a 3/4 ton pick up. It sat right under the localizer to Runway 30 at LGB (you could shoot the 'localizer to Meadowlark' simply by tracking the localizer to the marker (1500 ft.) then sharp right and you were down wind. Great place and had a little history for Southern California aviation. I even saw a Cessna 340 land there but don't know how they got it out. Old water tower about 1/4 off end of runway.

Great experience for student pilots.

Montgomery field in San Diego had pretty decent Mexican food too.

The pilot at USAir was a nice lady named Renee. She retired early and has since disappeared.

As for me, yeah, flying en femme is not condusive to a fruitful or long career but if you ever attend the Keystone Conference in Harrisburg, you'll meet at least 8 professional pilots and I'm hoping next year we'll see many, many more.

Jen

:rose2:

Inna
09-01-2011, 10:54 PM
Time to confess, I did stare intensely into TCAS of a B773 once, maybe twice in the left seat.

veronika_cd
09-01-2011, 11:58 PM
Mikaela, Santa Paula is one of my favorites always lots of airplane action to watch on a sunny day. Is "The Hump" resteraunt at SMO still open? I heard one of the restraunts there was closed. Hope not. It had such a cool vibe with all of the G5 pilots waiting on their CEOs.... French valley's Diner is very nice as well. Do you have you own plane? Luv to meet you and any other pilots for lunch sometime. we should get a sortie together, October is a great time to fly around here.