PDA

View Full Version : Femm Glasses

Debra Russell
08-06-2011, 12:51 PM
Has anyone gotten prescripion glasses? ...... My wife and I had to take a trip to So.Cal , and on the way back at OC airport, and after being searched by TSA later my glasses came up missing! well we got home and the next day I went to the mall to get some new ones. I have wanted femm glasses for a long time, the ones I have were not male or female looking and served my femm side well but I wanted more femm looking ones. Binyons had a two for one sale going on and I told the sa this pair and umm... this pair -- he say's those are womens glasses.... er, yes I know,-- OK just so you know they'er purple........later that afternoon when they were ready he was fitting them to me -- first my guy glasses then the femm glasses and comments - it's always nice to have a fun pair glasses!

Has anyone had any expierence getting femm glasses?............Debra

Wendy_Marie
08-06-2011, 02:17 PM
I have went enfemme to try on different frames..just haven't had the need to swap them out yet...but that is coming on.
I told the SA my reasoning behind finding Femme frames and she spent many minutes helping me out and offering me advice...I look forward to going back as i already know the style now of frames that look good on me.

lynn_lynn
08-06-2011, 02:51 PM
I have some frames diane keaton would wear.. They look very professional..

michelleddg
08-06-2011, 02:57 PM
I walked into JCP drab and said I wanted to take advantage of their $80 sale. She said OK and I starting perusing the women's frames.
She advised they were the women's frames and I advised I knew. Business as usual after that.

A few months later I got all dolled up and went back to have a missing screw added (exciting life, I know). The SA put in the screw then
beckoned me over to the table to make sure they fit properly etc. Yikes, literally one foot away staring intently at me. Tell ya what, either
he's the best actor alive, or I passed the audition :-)

Staci G
08-06-2011, 02:59 PM
I so want fem ones, I love the women's styles. I am due in about 6 months and I WILL be getting some femme glasses.

Debra Russell
08-06-2011, 03:00 PM
I am going to post a pic when I have a chance to put my makeup on with the glasses .......maybe tomarrow.....Debra

Cynthia Anne
08-06-2011, 03:12 PM
I will get my first pair of fem glasses tuesday the nineth! Can't wait!:)

boardpuppy
08-06-2011, 04:45 PM
In a way i'm sorry I don't have to wear glasses with all the cute frames in the stores. However, I do have the cutest sunglass I have seen in a long time, I either got them at Fashion Bug or Dress barn, I really don't remember which, but I wear them anytime I need them.
Alice

barbie lanai
08-06-2011, 06:26 PM
I just bought a pair from Zennioptical.com. They let you upload a picture of yourself that you then can click on different frames and see what you will look like. Picture needs to be square w/o tilting the head and w/o glasses. You take your prescription and have to add the PD (pupil distance) most prescriptions leave that off. Anyway in a week & half they appear in the mail box. My progressive lens glasses was only $28.90.

Stevann
08-06-2011, 06:30 PM
My primary glasses are Gloria Vanderbilt. Women's frames are smaller than men's - and that means less weight on my nose.

Eryn
08-06-2011, 06:49 PM
I just bought a pair from Zennioptical.com. They let you upload a picture of yourself that you then can click on different frames and see what you will look like. Picture needs to be square w/o tilting the head and w/o glasses. You take your prescription and have to add the PD (pupil distance) most prescriptions leave that off. Anyway in a week & half they appear in the mail box. My progressive lens glasses was only $28.90.

I went the same route but haven't received my glasses yet. Delivery time is about two weeks. Mine cost a bit more because I went for the the high index material to get the lenses thinner, but they were still less than $90 including shipping.

I was very impressed with the method of uploading a picture to try on glasses. I collected a dozen or so possiblities in my "favorites" then tried them on side-by-side images until I found the one I liked the best. The uploaded picture disappears after a day or so.

They sent me an email to verify the prescription (one of my numbers is unusually high) and addressed me as "Mr/Ms" :)

There is an easy way to measure the interrpupilary distance that is usually omitted from prescriptions. Get a ruler graduated in millimeters. Hold the ruler against the bridge of your nose and look into a mirror with the ruler lined up with your pupils. Close the eye furthest from the zero mark and line the zero mark up with center of the pupil of the open eye. Quickly close that eye, open the other, and note the reading on the ruler at the center of the pupil of that eye. Do this several times to make sure that you are getting consistant measurements.

It will be interesting to see how these glasses come out. If they are good, I wll be using Zenni for all my glasses as they are about half the price of Lenscrafters.

Adriennegrl
08-06-2011, 07:08 PM
I don't always wear glasses in fem mode but have a pair of Versace and a Kenneth Cole pair, they're both older but still fashionable. The K.Cole's are a very dark purple and could be unisex, at least I wear them in boy mode too.

It seems to me that frames are going more unisex anymore, the color withstanding.

barbie lanai
08-06-2011, 09:16 PM
When we first ordered from Zennioptical (three years ago or so), my wife ordered one pair of glasses from her usual source and a second pair from Zenni. That way she could compare and see if the usual 5X price was worth it. Didn't take her long to decide the Zenni's were just as good and she liked them better. My vision is OK for far, but need reading glasses for near stuff. I figured for the price of about 2x drug store reading glasses, I could have progressives with the reading glass portion built in. That way didn't have to look over the tops or wear the "granny" look reading glasses. Had an eye exam and the right eye needed a bit of correction, so now better than before.

There's extra charge for anti-reflective coating, and you can get the lense tinted in one of several colors and intensities for a extra fee as well.

sissystephanie
08-06-2011, 09:26 PM
Fortunately I don't need prescription glasses at this time! However, I do need reading glasses and have worn only feminine ones for about 10 years. My late wife and I both liked the look of the feminine ones so that was it! And it still is!!

Alice B
08-06-2011, 09:29 PM
I have a pari of reading glasses that are only for Alice. Love them.

Sarasometimes
08-06-2011, 09:36 PM
Mine are "unisex" but at Lenscrafters they occasionally will have "women's" frames in the men's section. My second choice was an ann Klien frame. She only makes women's frames and they were promenently placed in the men's section. Mine are "unisex' but on the femme side of that range! Next time I think the ann kliens will be my choice. Anyone have Costco glasses they are supposed to be good and inexpensive? Enjoy!!

Blaire
08-06-2011, 10:43 PM
I bought a pair of Dior 3161(??)'s last year. A couple weeks ago, my prescription sunglasses took a walk, so I picked out a cool pair of ladies glasses.

The SA's response was something like, "Umm, I suppose you could think of those as unisex."

Diane Smith
08-06-2011, 10:57 PM
I have three pairs -- one very femme (seen in the avatar), one very neutral and unisex, and one fairly heavy and masculine. Ironically, these last ones actually came from the women's section too, but are my normal "guy" pair. I always go dressed to the optical shop so there will be no question about why I'm shopping the women's frames (and it's a fun outing, too).

- Diane

Cheryl T
08-07-2011, 08:00 AM
I get mine at www.glassesshop.com (http://www.glassesshop.com)
I just ask my eye dr for a copy of the prescription each year and then shop the frames they offer. I measure my frames to make sure the size is correct and voila.
The last pair were progressive lenses and complete cost me about $75.

noeleena
08-07-2011, 08:10 AM
Hi.

The 2 $ shop is quite good for sunny's & that's all i wear. as it goes , femm & i get nice comments they are two pairs orange a light colour so good for walking around & driveing ,oh no rims

the others are dark greenwith rims allso femm so im covered .

...noeleena...

Robynts
08-07-2011, 08:20 AM
Years ago I bought my first pair of femme glasses at one of those chain stores with a 2 for 1 special. I picked out a cute bluish femme frame for the second pair. The male SA looked over at my wife and said "you know these are female glasses? are you OK with that?" to which my wife did not respond (she is tolerant but not in love with Robyn).

Since we just moved back to Kentucky, I know those glasses are in a box, but for the life of me I can't remember which one. Oh well, only 100 more boxes to open!"

Sam1985
08-07-2011, 08:39 AM
I have a pair of girl sunglasses I wear everyday when I'm driving.

Maria 60
08-07-2011, 08:48 AM
I was told i needed reading glasses and i ordered a pair of male glasses, when i was ordering them the sales lady told me that i could also go to department stores and buy cheaper one's for work, and she gave me the number on the glasses to look for. So i went to a small department store and found a black pair with diamonds down the sides but they didn't have the number i needed, the sales man came over and i ask hm if he had this in #1, he was checking through the rack when he said to me maybe your wife would like another pair, i said no there for me. He said these are woman's glasses. I said i know i can't see very well but i could see these are ladies glasses. He didn't say nothing and found them and walked away. There great, wearing them now.

carhill2mn
08-07-2011, 04:13 PM
The last time that I got new glasses I bought one pair for my male self and one for my fem self.

Jilmac
08-07-2011, 04:20 PM
My last eye exam (and I'm past due for another one), I went to JC Penney optical, had a complete eye exam, and then came time to pick out my new frames. I told the female technician that I wanted a male frame and two feminine frames and I explained why. I decided on the male frames myself but she helped me choose the femme frames. She told me the glasses would be ready in a week and that she would call me to pick them up. I told her that I would be dressed so that I could see how the new frames looked with wig and makeup.

When I came in for the fitting and adjustment she didn't recognize me until I said who I was. She fitted me with my male frames first and then the femme frames. My clear glasses are in a pink aluminum frame and my sun glasses are in a red plastic frame. She complimented me on how both frames looked and said that both accentuated my feminine personna. I left the optical dept. wearing my new glasses and did a bit of shopping in Penney's and other stores in the mall. My femme glasses are the best accessory yet.

diannecourtney
08-07-2011, 04:35 PM
I would choose the Sarah Palen kind, but would it fit the big old head.

Rianna Humble
08-07-2011, 05:20 PM
Earlier this year, I had an eye test paid for by my company and I needed new glasses, so I chose a pretty pink frame that the SA agreed suited me better than a more expensive frame that I was also considering.

As the optician told the SA "Rianna needs new glasses and I would like you to help her choose them,please", the SA didn't try to fob me off with men's glasses.

My sunglasses come from H&M and all the other girls in the office have commented how cute they are.

maryellen
08-07-2011, 05:56 PM
My prescription is too expensive for 2 pair, so I went for something that seemed androgynous in a bright color (blue); and then Rachel Madow came on TV with the same glasses and that gets me comments, though nothing negative.

eluuzion
08-07-2011, 06:34 PM
I am not responsible enough to wear prescription glasses from a licensed professional. I buy about 3-4 pairs of "reading" glasses at Dollar Tree about every 3 weeks, because I always break them.

They have lots of women's frames in various styles and colors. They are all $1 per pair!

Works for me...:D

:love:

ArleneRaquel
08-07-2011, 07:31 PM
I'm on about my tenth pair of female perscription glasses, I love em. We gorgeous ( yikes :eek: ) girls need to keep up with the latest frames and styles. Glass are a great fashion accesssory.

MsCheriMarie
08-07-2011, 08:37 PM
Sometimes wear cute little horned rim "school marm" glasses from time to time too!

Claire Cook
08-07-2011, 08:48 PM
I've bought femme frames from two different stores, one in FL and one in VA. Each time I went in drab, told the opticians (female) what I wanted ("Imagine a blonde wig...") and they really enjoyed finding glasses for me. Each time they said "I want to see how you look" so ... Claire went back for adjustments (sometimes tricky with a wig...). If I am out and about in FL I stop in to say hi to my new girl friends. :battingeyelashes:

They are great accessories.

Eryn
08-07-2011, 11:07 PM
It seems to me that frames are going more unisex anymore, the color withstanding.

You're right, but I think that women's styles are drifting toward men's styles, not the other way around. I wanted Eryn's glasses to be clearly femme as they will be one of the feminine cues that I rely on to further my presentation.

I've been wearing contact lenses en femme to correct my nearsightedness, but with 50 year old vision it's a hassle. I have to put the lenses in before I apply makeup and then I have to use a 5x magnifying mirror to "kind of" see my eyes to apply makeup. Reading a menu or my watch requires a separate pair of reading glasses. For someone used to wearing progressive glasses from get up to bedtime and having excellent vision this is an incredible hassle so I think I'll be happier with a pair of femme glasses.

whowhatwhen
08-07-2011, 11:35 PM
I like the idea of femme glasses but my eyes are perfect, can you get them without any corrective lenses and just use them as an accessory?

Eryn
08-07-2011, 11:47 PM
Sure, just specify single vision with zero correction in both eyes.

BTW, nobody has "perfect" eyes. You can have average, better than average, or worse than average vision. When I'm wearing my contacts I have average "20-20" vision. With my glasses I have better-than-average "20-15" vision. That's pretty typical for glasses-wearers because optometrists "fine tune" the correction to produce the best vision possible.

It might be profitable for you to visit an optometrist and have your eyes examined. It's very likely that they will find something they can correct to make your vision just a little better than it is now, and if you're going to get glasses as an accessory you might as well have a pair that gives you the best vision! Oh, and the optometrist also checks for other things, like glaucoma, problems with your retina, etc. I'm really doctor-phobic but I love my optometrist because he's the only doctor who as markedly helped me without coming near me with a sharp object!

Eryn

Wendy W
08-08-2011, 10:48 AM
39 dollar glasses.com is another great site (pun intended) for ordering glasses. Mine are all unisex, and have worked great for me. A great feminine touch to my big head!

Wendy

Jillian Faith
08-12-2011, 07:05 AM
I have prescription glasses for male mode but really only wear them for reading fine print or when I need to see a presentation from the back of a conference room. The glasses are unisex but I decided to load my purse with a feminine pair of cheater glasses I bought at a little boutique. I also have a pair of very girlie sunglasses in my purse which I wear when outside or typically sit on top of my head when shopping.

darla_g
08-12-2011, 07:19 AM
another vote for Zenni Optical. i have been very happy with all the stuff i have gotten there. there are lots of styles that are very feminine on there. as mentioned you do have to provide the PD Pupil distance but that isn't too hard if you have someone else do that for you