PDA

View Full Version : Checking in

Rachel C
08-06-2011, 03:02 PM
Just wanted to let you all know I am still out here. I haven't posted for awhile but I have been shopping!! I got a lot of new skirts including a beautiful red broomstick skirt the other day. I tried it on in the store and the cashier said, "That skirt looks wonderful on you."

I've also bought a couple of cute purses. With so many options, I see how people can have so many purses for all their different outfits. I've been carrying my purse everywhere I go, even in drab and have received a lot of compliments from women.

My GG friend continues to encourage me and always asks what I got when I tell her I've been out shopping again. It is so important to find someone who understands and supports you. Also, it seems easier for me to incorporate some items like women's jean, purses and high heel boots into everyday life without completely dressing up. I keep pushing it a little further each time and have found that the world does not collapse :) It is just getting over that initial nervousness.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and how great it is to have support.

Yolanda_Voils
08-06-2011, 09:28 PM
Kewl !

I have a bit of a wardrobe, most 2nd hand stuff from consignment shops, Goodwill, yard sales etc..

Several items I've gotten retail from "the Crate" Cato's, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Sears etc,, only to find that once home they just don't look as good as they did on the hanger or in the store..

Conversly, several items that I thought "Ho-Hum" turned out to be beautiful when put on,, go figure..

sissystephanie
08-06-2011, 09:37 PM
I have a skirt that almost matches the one you have. I haven't worn it out in public yet, but probably will this summer!! Isn't that what skirts are for??