PDA

View Full Version : From Sarah

Sarah Ellis
08-07-2011, 06:10 AM
I've put this in here as it will be passed over in any of the general sections.

As some of you know from reading elsewhere, I am now living and working full time as Sarah. My deed poll came through in July with my official name change to that of Sarah Louise Ellis and all of my documents etc are in the process of changing over when all the pen pushers get round to it, lol.

Things are still progressing slowly but I'm not rushing headlong into it. More just taking one day at a time.

I've been accepted widely to my surprise, although there are a few negatives of which I fully accept. I've basically told these ones so far to deal with it or just f.off.

I have regular meetings with my HR department and my therapist of which I see both early this week.

I still need to work on a look or image but that's not widely important especially with work right now as my municipal job doesn't require 'feminine' clothing. I am 'dressed' though pretty much all the rest of the time and am experimenting with makeup techniques etc.

I'm trying like hell through my GP to get the funding needed for hair removal, but even that is proving difficult right now as are the other small, slightly non related surgical procedures I need, with the lack of money available in our health service.

But to summarize, I have never felt better within myself since I 'came out' and finally did something about it after all the years of denial.

kristinacd55
08-07-2011, 06:12 AM
Good for you Sarah, and continued success moving ahead with your journey!

Sarah Ellis
08-07-2011, 06:19 AM
It's been one heck of a journey so far. As I said I'm not rushing though as this may delay the treatment I need. It's been difficult for my parents as anyone can imagine. They are accepting of me but more that they don't quite understand and even I can't explain to them in simple terms. Although those stories on television soaps don't exactly help with that as I've told them.

Rianna Humble
08-07-2011, 07:58 AM
I'm glad to see that things are progressing for you, Sarah. You are right about the difficulties getting funding for the so-called non-essential treatments - especially as the Government interprets their promise about protecting the NHS budget as making £20 million pounds of funding cuts each year.

Hopefully, going full-time at this stage will help you, though when you go to see the GIC. Do you know which one you've been referred to?

Sarah Ellis
08-07-2011, 08:38 AM
Hi. I was referred to the clinic near me, well it's 12 mile or so away in Sunderland. I think it's in one of my threads here, I saw the psych there back in February who almost immediately, after over 90 minutes talking had diagnosed me and correctly so. I can see her at any time now that I am living full time. But I am seeing a therapist in the meantime whose based about a 10 minute journey from me and he has been a great help so far.

As I've told some of these professionals too, I don't aspire for glamor and such, but just to be who I truly am.

From the correspondence I've had between my GP and my docs working for the clinic, they would like to start me on treatment but only when I can prove to them I can live full time, which of course I am now doing.

Kaitlyn Michele
08-07-2011, 09:41 AM
thanks for sharing sarah..

i hope everything works out for you and that you live the life you've always wanted..it sure seems like you are in a good place!!

you set a great example for people to just do it....

Barbra P
08-07-2011, 10:53 AM
Hi Sarah

I’m not TS, at least I have not been diagnosed TS by my Therapist yet, and can’t afford to transition if I am. But I do have BPH (enlarged prostate) and I have been diagnosed as having Type II Diabetes, although my blood glucose level is usually well within limits. I have been taking Finasteride and doxazosin for the BPH for close to two years now and the hair on my back, underarms, and legs has all but disappeared. Finasteride is an antiandrogen and has an effect on testosterone.

From what I have read here and from other sources, I would think that HRT might in time have some affect on your body hair. It’s been roughly two years but my body hair is definitely on the decline, I just don’t know how much is attributable to the Finasteride and how much might be caused by the diabetes.

Rianna Humble
08-07-2011, 11:58 AM
Hi. I was referred to the clinic near me, well it's 12 mile or so away in Sunderland. I think it's in one of my threads here, I saw the psych there back in February who almost immediately, after over 90 minutes talking had diagnosed me and correctly so.

Forgive me, I hadn't been aware of a Gender Identity Clinic in Sunderland and had misremembered that referral as being the mandatory psych screening.

Sarah Ellis
08-08-2011, 08:19 AM
Just had a visit to my therapist this morning. To summarize, I've achieved so much in the past few months that he says I've fulfilled the criteria to be referred (back through my psych) for HRT.

My therapist was telling me this morning about what it all entails, how to go about it correctly and what the effects of estrodil will be.

So, I now await to see my psych back in Sunderland. But in the meantime I still see my therapist and of course await my GP getting back to me when she hears about the referral for funding to get the laser hair removal treatment needed.

Sarah Ellis
10-19-2011, 10:14 AM
Very slowly moving on. Seems to be taking eons!!!!!!!

I've had several visits to my therapist and he seems ok with my progress. My speech therapist too is amazed at how I've changed and that's after only 2 visits to her.

(Most people here will know I've an extensive blog elsewhere)

My next port of call is to my GP next week to have all the necessary blood tests etc, so as to determine my medication.

The other thing here is that I'll not get to see my psych before December, which is a bit of a let down.

As for the hair removal, it's not looking good with that so far. Just no funding for it. I have applied at the local college though. They may be able to help, but I can't do anything yet, as the tutor is on maternity leave til January.

Sarah Ellis
11-06-2011, 05:42 AM
Just a quick one.

I had the blood tests a couple of weeks back now. Plus the height/weight (BMI) check. So these will have been tested back at the hospital. I may get to hear something this week as I see my therapist in the morning and my own GP on Wednesday.

Another little thing is that I finally got the go ahead to have the minor surgery to lift my drooping eyelid. I signed the consent last Friday and now just have to wait.

Hope they don't schedule this at the same time as a visit to my psych or therapist though.

Sarah Ellis
11-11-2011, 04:41 AM
For those that don't know, I got the test results back a few days ago. Everything seems to be in order. Apart that is from, the obvious, high T levels. High that is for a female. Also my prolactin levels are raised. Everything else checks out ok though. So now I await once more. I am supposed to be seeing the psych at the GIC within the next month though. Gonna be a busy few weeks ahead if all this comes off.

Starling
11-11-2011, 06:25 AM
Best of luck to you, Estella.

:) Lallie