PDA

View Full Version : Outed to sister by my So

Denise Shelly
08-07-2011, 07:05 AM
My sister that lives out west came home for a holiday and came for a visit. She is a very liberal woman and we have been close all our lives. She didnt know about this side of me because I was so deep in the closet. Well after comming out to my so awile ago things were going great. Dressing whenever Denise needed to come out. Well sometime durring the visit my SO and sister had to go to the store for the fixings for supper. While enroute my So told my sister all about Denise. Dont know all the conversation but when they returned nothing was said to me. We had our meal and sat chating. Just as She was getting ready to leave she hugged me and wispered very softly " you would look good in a pale yellow dress" then She walked out the door to head for her plane to go home. I stood there with my chin on the ground.

I guess she thinks its alright.

Angela2me
08-07-2011, 07:14 AM
I think you are right. That is so cool.
I told my sister today about my cross dressing.
The first person I have ever told, outside of this forum.
She was also cool about it. Said if ever I need to talk to someone, she is there.

Melody Moore
08-07-2011, 07:20 AM
Yes, I think that she thinks its cool. But it highlights the risk you face by staying in the closet & only coming out to your SO.

Real danger still exists here because your sister might think it's cool to share this with other members of your family & if they
don't know already, so there is a risk they will find out now the secret is out. I just hope it doesn't blow up into anything bad
for you now. And if this revelation about you does spread then I hope you are prepared that you might have to deal with some
negative fallout if others do have any issues with it, but I hope that your sister keeps this to herself. I know my sister didn't,
she told my father about me dressing up in her clothing when I was 7 years old & this was after playing 'dress-ups' together! :eek:

Denise Shelly
08-07-2011, 08:19 AM
Im not afraid of Sis saying anything. We have secretes between us going back to when we were kids. We talk about them somtimes but nothing is ever said without consent from the other.

Jane G
08-07-2011, 08:31 AM
Sounds like your sister is fine with it. I'm amazed she didn't already know. They have sis sense you know.

Tina B.
08-07-2011, 09:18 AM
I'm glad your sister was cool with it, but I'm not sure what to think of a wife that would out you with your knowledge and consent. I guess that's the risk of telling anyone, but I would never forgive my wife for outing me to one of my family.
Tina B.

JamieG
08-07-2011, 09:22 AM
Something similar happened when my wife outed me to her sister. They went out to pick up dinner and she told her in the car. They didn't say anything to me about it. It was only after her sister had left the next day that I found out that I was outed. Previously, I had told my wife it was okay to share my secret with her sister if she needed to, but I would have appreciated a heads up beforehand. I have talked about it with my sister-in-law at all, but hear from my wife that she's supportive.

Gaby2
08-07-2011, 10:00 AM
It's so difficult emerging from our closet, isn't it Denise!!!

Much like you, I've been mostly relieved if someone gets to know and they're accepting.
Your sister sounds happy to know and seems to have picked the right words at the right time to let you know.
Your SO took an enormous risk with the trust you placed in her by telling her.
It looks like the risk will reap rich rewards for everyone involved.

My eldest sister came to visit me in the week after Easter 2011 - I told her the evening before she left for Ireland again.
Her reaction was so matter-of-fact that I'm still dumbfounded when I think about it.
She wasn't at all surprised and not at all bothered.
Indeed, she was happy for me as she could feel that I was very comfortable with myself.
I feel especially close to her since this evening.
While reading your OP, I realised that I wouldn't mind at all if she tells others, even without my consent.

-----

Last year, I told a few trusted female friends of my CDing - all still remain trusted friends although two of them didn't take it so well to begin with.
During this phase I met my SO - it wasn't so hard for me to tell her before we entered our relationship.
My SO is the only person to have seen me dressed (except for my Ex, who I unfortunately traumatised in a worst-possible scenario many, many years ago.)

In the last few weeks, I've mentioned to two of my female best-friends, that it might be nice for me to dress while with them, if they wouldn't mind.
I have the feeling that that's the right thing to do at the moment and I believe they trust me well enough.
We'll see... I have chickened out once already.

-----

Why is it so important for some of us to start and then continue confiding our "secret" to people we know?
First and foremost I want their advice.
Another very important aspect is that I'm fed up with concealment.
In the long run, I think I just want to be accepted as a CDer by the people closest to me.
I suspect that this "desire" is quickly becoming a "need".
In pre-forum days, this would have been absolutely inconceivable.

:hugs:Gaby

carhill2mn
08-07-2011, 04:11 PM
I would say that you are one fortunate person!

Farrah Rose
08-07-2011, 05:18 PM
Im working the courage to tell my sister, we are very close as well. But it sounds like yours is fine with it, thats very cool. I hope my sisters accept it as well as yours seems to have :)

kimdl93
08-08-2011, 09:36 AM
Sisters can be great support to us. My sis was the first one to know - and very understanding.

Jorja
08-08-2011, 10:26 AM
It is good that your sister is cool with it. One down and ? to go.

Longing2be-Trisha
08-08-2011, 11:29 AM
Your sister loves you so much! What an awesome story.

Hugs

Amanda22
08-08-2011, 12:37 PM
Your lovely SO did a wonderful thing for you! Congratulations! I love to be outed by my wife.

Jenny Doolittle
08-10-2011, 07:15 PM
Denise,

I think your wife trusted your sister enough to know the real you and I think your sister is exactly what your wife thought.... a loving sibling. Be pleased that your wife is open to sharing her spouse, with all your intricate special traits with your sister. It is a GOOD thing.