PDA

View Full Version : Didn't Purge, Now I'm Glad

mandy_may
08-07-2011, 09:10 PM
At the end of last year, my interest in dressing waned, so I let my leg hair grow out and I wore panties less, stopped wearing nighties and began wearing drab 24-7. I even went out and bought some real nice designer mens boxer briefs to make up for it. I did however put all of my stuff in storage totes and placed it in the closet. I did keep a drawer full of panties and girl jeans hung up in the closet, but didn't wear any of it.

Something clicked this week and I am feeling the urges to dress (and shop!) again heavily. I shaved this morning (oh what a feeling!) and am looking forward to sleeping pretty tonight.

I'm so glad that I just put it away and didn't throw it away. I think there are a myriad of reasons that we lose interest. In life, it happens with most things. But when we usually put those things away, and find them again in the future and are excited, again. I'm excited to break out my stuff from storage and now figure out what new things I can find at my fav stores (Ross, TJMAXX and Target) to compliment! Who knows, maybe I'll get some nail polish and makeup :)

Friends don't let friends purge!

-MM

sissystephanie
08-07-2011, 10:19 PM
Congratulations on not purging, Mandy!! Doing so can be very costly, when the urge arises again!! I do hope you enjoy your "new" life!!

Jess Marie
08-07-2011, 11:11 PM
I have a question

Did you ever feel that instinct when you walk into a store to head right to the womens section and start browsing or did you change completely and it didn't even occur to you to look?

Alice B
08-07-2011, 11:16 PM
Very smart move and you have saved yourself a lot of grief and money.

erickka
08-08-2011, 05:59 AM
Good thinking Mandy. You just went through an "I just don't feel like dressing" period like almost everyone else does. Purging can be really expensive, and also when the urge comes back, you have to scramble to get some new stuff. Storage boxes have been my friend many times over the years.

Gina X
08-08-2011, 06:14 AM
Good story Mandy, my interest sometimes wanes but I learnt a long time ago never to purge, and now I sometimes don't feel like getting fully dressed so I just wear Bra & Panties forms and girl jeans and T shirt but just don't bother with a wig or makeup and that seems to suit me ..................

anonymousinmaryland
08-08-2011, 07:41 AM
Alice B. said it best: "Very smart move and you have saved yourself a lot of grief and money."

Tina B.
08-09-2011, 10:10 AM
Very smart, I've only purged a couple of times in my life, but both times I threw away things I have never been able to replace! I learned to only throw it out if it's worn out, or really out of style, or to young for me anymore, or things I'll never fit in again.
Tina B.

cyndi2be
08-09-2011, 10:41 AM
If you purge - you will splurge. At least I always did. I would start over again a short time later - gets to be expensive

kimdl93
08-09-2011, 10:43 AM
One of the things this site has help me with is to understand and overcome the momentary urge to purge. Its saved me a ton of money and also helped me focus on why I dress in the first place.

Tallulah Rose
08-13-2011, 06:47 AM
It is so important not to purge. My dressing urges waned towards the end of last year, too, but they came back strongly recently and I'm enjoying it again. :) I did purge one time, many years ago, but so wish I hadn't. My advice to anyone who has lost interest in dressing... don't purge, just store your dresses safely. :)

BLUE ORCHID
08-13-2011, 06:57 AM
Hi Mandy, Rule #1, Never purge!!
. Rule #2, If you feel that you must purge see rule #1, again!!

Orchid

Cynthia Anne
08-13-2011, 08:57 AM
Sorry too disagree with you! But purgeing is a good thing! It helps the econimee! If you don't beleive me than ask all the retail stores that YOU WILL be buying and replacing from! Hugs!:D

Heather Anne
09-04-2011, 05:12 PM
Unfortunately Between Summer 2000 and January 2004 I did throw everything away - twice and wish I had not. March 2004 attended my first Tri Ess meeting in Atlanta and not missed a monthly meeting since. Always look forward to getting out dressed en femme. Of course my wardrobe is HUGE now!!!

Robyn B
09-04-2011, 05:19 PM
As a veteran of 3 major purges...all I can say is, good choice!

Stephanie47
09-04-2011, 05:28 PM
Sorry too disagree with you! But purgeing is a good thing! It helps the econimee! If you don't beleive me than ask all the retail stores that YOU WILL be buying and replacing from! Hugs!:D

I have not had the urge to be en femme during my annual hiatus during the summer months. If it continues into the fall, I will not purge. It may help the economy. However, most of my lingerie/slips fall into the vintage category. Many of them I have never seen offered on eBay or other auction sites. Never purge unless you're dead! :)

Kaz
09-04-2011, 05:38 PM
So easy to think you are over it! But it comes back... I stopped purging and decided to embrace it... I haven't had any urges to grow body hair back unless for specific reasons for years. I wear 'designer stubble' a lot as a guy because I look better... but when in full Kaz mode obviously it goes... but that is my outward male appearance... inside I am Kaz expressing what she can and me embracing it.

Having said that, I need to get rid of some things just for practical reasons... but there is so much emotion and so many memories wrapped up in all of this stuff! I threw a few things away a few weeks ago... and on my last excursion I was looking for them and was so upset I'd thrown them! My SO doesn't seem to have this problem... and I guess I don't with my guy clothes...

Susan_Xdress
09-04-2011, 05:55 PM
Been there, done that, and I so regret it.

Not only for the expense of repurchasing, but for my first collection that had a story to every garment.

Susan

Jessica Ames
09-04-2011, 08:07 PM
Has anyone else realized that shopping for clothes is like shopping for food? You shouldn't shop on an empty stomach and shopping after breaking a purge just doesn't work well sometimes. You end up with something you like but won't work for long.