PDA

View Full Version : emotions

kelsey12
08-07-2011, 11:24 PM
My emotions as they stand now anxious angry flustered depressed I'm happy when I can express my true self. How other people see me they would say I'm quick to snap at times especially when I'm in a frustrated state of mind. Have any of you girls felt this why before starting hrt I know GD can be vary hard to deal with but I don't know if its the main contributor to all these negative emotions. For example I think the snapping is primarily do to ugly testosterone especially when I'm all ready stressed out what do u all think

CharleneT
08-07-2011, 11:49 PM
Usually, you find your problems are still there after you start HRT. It does however change your perspective on life in general -- a lot ;)

Sarah Ellis
08-08-2011, 12:32 AM
I had for a long time been low, miserable and all the general depressive moods associated. Since 'being out there' and finally admitting to who I am, I have generally had an upturn in my feelings. Probably like yourself, I can laugh, giggle like a little girl, cry etc. The low moods are still there though for when I don't feel so good.

Melody Moore
08-08-2011, 03:54 AM
Hi kelsey,

I think Charlene hit the nail on the head when she said that your problems will still be there after you start HRT.
But if I was to add anything more to this then its also that your emotions will also still be there after starting HRT.
However what will change is how you react to your emotions. Personally I was felt frustrated & the same as you
about things, where I felt anxious, flustered, sometimes depressed etc, but the thing that I focused on dealing with
was overcoming all the problems I could deal with before I went on hormone therapy.

Many TS girls talk about the troubles they have with dealing with their emotion after they start HRT, some even
made it sound like I should expect to end up in a total emotional train wreck. But my emotions remain unchanged
as I said it is how we deal with them. So the more problems you can get on top of then the less chance you are
going to feel so vulnerable when it comes to dealing with your emotions.

Let me just add a true story about something that happened to me after I started hormone
therapy that made me realise that I am now dealing with my emotions a lot differently...

I lost my mobile phone twice now since starting hormones and both times I reacted differently to the losses
but the first time was worse than the second time because it came as a shock to me the first time because
of how I reacted to the lose. Before I started on hormones if I had lost my mobile phone I would have felt
anxious, annoyed and angry about losing a phone. But the first time I lost it after starting hormones I lost & stuck
because all my phone contacts were also on it. I had no way to contact my friends, so I howled my eyes out! :cry:

Anyway, after going through all of that then finding it again later on, I lost it for good this time, but the
difference was I had backed up my contact lists so it wasn't so bad. I took everything in my side & didn't
get so upset. So overall I think I have a better way of dealing with things even though at times it can get
a little teary & at times when you least expect it. I happened to me the other day in the pharmacy when
my pharmacist paid me a lovely compliment - I felt so happy that I nearly cried & had to leave before I did. :)

noeleena
08-08-2011, 04:43 AM
Hi,

This will depend on how stable you are as a person . some go over the top at the least little thing, others just walk through it as tho hey its okay so what.

This of cause depends on each person age is the detail ....some .....young males are aggrasive & with drink . look out.

Yet the same detail applys to young women as well,

Some of us it takes a lot to stir us up. men or women . or we can control our selfs, some ....need .... to be taught. shown & some will never change till they are locked up & even then dont or wont change.

& there are details that are out side of our control . So it comes back to how do you wont to react or walk away & chop fire wood & take your anger out doing some thing constutive,

For my self im very controled 53 years out of 64 & yes i did the fire wood detail some times i just had to take it out on .....its like when your trained you know your limits & strengh. i knew my strengh & ....had .... to know how to control mine .strange you may say because i did not loose my strengh meds or not as some trans do, my body is a bit different ,

because we are all different we react in different ways,

meds , H R T did not change me mind wise, my hormones did not change in the sence of male to female or female to male ,

& all so as you age ( not my detail ) your t does drop down a lot, for many men . so if you like the change of life,

My T is as of a ( normal ) women . so may be some thing to look forward to.

...noeleena...