PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Side Effect from medication

Angela2me
08-08-2011, 07:32 AM
I was prescribed Cyprostat (Cyproterone acetate) by my doctor a couple of years ago and was on the drug for about 2 years.
For a crossdresser, it has some interesting effects.
It is prescribed for people with prostate cancer and can be used for chemical castration. It blocks the prostate from producing testosterone.
Before I started, I had quite thick chest hair and facial hair.
After being on the drug for a while, I found I lost almost all my chest hair, my facial hair was much less (shaving maybe once a week), the hair on my head was much nicer and my complexion was much nicer
AND I started to develop quite nice breasts.
The down side is you loose your libido, but I was single at the time, so did not worry me and I did not get aroused when dressed, which I was happy with.
I dont think I would recommend it, but it was interesting to experience what a teen girl feels like to start growing real breasts. At one point, I was even worried about a lump and had a mammogram.

cdterri
08-08-2011, 01:27 PM
What was it prescribed for?

sissystephanie
08-08-2011, 01:47 PM
What crossdressers will do to grow breasts!! Fortunately I never had to do that at all, I had 36 B's by age 9 and was told by a doctor to start wearing a bra so I would not have sagging breasts. I have worn one almost ever since.

I hope your cancer is totally gone. The other things are all good things for you. Best of luck to you!!

AllieSF
08-08-2011, 02:07 PM
I had prostate cancer in 2005. Some of my side effects did have particularly pleasing results and others not on the feminine side. After the removal of the organ, I am incontinent and wear pads everyday, so someone can say that I am always on the rag and be correct. I guess I can always answer positively when asked by a woman from the neighboring bathroom stall if I have a pad to share. Impotency has no benefits for me. The other side effect, was the biggest and for now I can say that it is far better than I could have imagined. I discovered crossdressing!

Karren H
08-08-2011, 02:24 PM
My drug experience was almost bass ackwards... Had a slow growing pitutary tumor... A prolactinoma which secreted prolactin which is a female hormone secreted after pregnancy to promote.... Milk production. Didn't know his till it was accidentally discovered. The prolactinoma caused my breasts to increase but also trashed my T levels which killed my libido and my crossdressing. When I started treatment with bromocriptine my crossdressing came back with a vengeance and I was left with the beginnings of a nice set of breasts to boot. Lol. So my desire to crossdress is suspressed by female and increased by male hormones? Good thing is the tumor is under control. The first thing the neurosurgen asked was "have your breasts produced milk?". Ekkk!! Would have been nice but the brain tumor part was killing me. Since then they have discovered another type of brain tumor that is slow growing. Ohh well... That's life!

Loretta
08-08-2011, 02:46 PM
My drug experience was almost bass ackwards... Had a slow growing pitutary tumor... A prolactinoma which secreted prolactin which is a female hormone secreted after pregnancy to promote.... Milk production. Didn't know his till it was accidentally discovered. The prolactinoma caused my breasts to increase but also trashed my T levels which killed my libido and my crossdressing. When I started treatment with bromocriptine my crossdressing came back with a vengeance and I was left with the beginnings of a nice set of breasts to boot. Lol. So my desire to crossdress is suspressed by female and increased by male hormones? Good thing is the tumor is under control. The first thing the neurosurgen asked was "have your breasts produced milk?". Ekkk!! Would have been nice but the brain tumor part was killing me. Since then they have discovered another type of brain tumor that is slow growing. Ohh well... That's life!

Wow, um....

That sucks. Like, really bad.
I'm so sorry.
Is it malignant?

whowhatwhen
08-08-2011, 02:53 PM
Prednisone gave me boobs, I'm quite fond of them actually.
That and I don't have the 2.5k to remove them.

Stacy L
08-08-2011, 03:04 PM
My drug experience was almost bass ackwards... Had a slow growing pitutary tumor... A prolactinoma which secreted prolactin which is a female hormone secreted after pregnancy to promote.... Milk production. Didn't know his till it was accidentally discovered. The prolactinoma caused my breasts to increase but also trashed my T levels which killed my libido and my crossdressing. When I started treatment with bromocriptine my crossdressing came back with a vengeance and I was left with the beginnings of a nice set of breasts to boot. Lol. So my desire to crossdress is suspressed by female and increased by male hormones? Good thing is the tumor is under control. The first thing the neurosurgen asked was "have your breasts produced
milk?". Ekkk!! Would have been nice but the brain tumor part was killing me. Since then they have discovered another type of brain tumor that is slow growing. Ohh well... That's life!

Karen, have you heard of the Gamma Knife Perfexion Surgery ?
You can usually go home the same day.

Karren H
08-08-2011, 03:21 PM
Not malignant and under control. Annual MRIs and blood trests... Had a friend with the same thing do the gama knife surgery. Apparently the machine coordinates got messed up and clipped a blood vessel under his brain. Almost died. So as long as the meds work. I'm good.. The good news is the bromocriptime lowered my BP and between that and ice hockey. My heart rate at rest is 42! :).

SusanLCD
08-08-2011, 03:33 PM
"..... My heart rate at rest is 42! :).

If I remember correctly, Karen, 42 is the secret of life. :heehee: Lucky girl!

Karren H
08-08-2011, 03:48 PM
Yeah!. As an engineer.... The fewer the beats per minute the longer you live!! Lol. My problem is staying at rest!!

linda allen
08-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Well, I've been put on Androgel (testosterone replacement) and one of the possible side effects is supposed to be breast development. Well it didn't happen for me. :sad:

What has happened is, I seem to have increased body hair. (I feel better with the testosterone replacement but that's beside the point). I don't like the hair. I'm thinking of getting a trimmer and cutting it down to 1/2" or so. No, I can't shave my body. Lots of reasons.

Elsa Larson
08-08-2011, 04:30 PM
According to Wikipedia, up to 100 mg/day may be prescribed as a testosterone blocker for MtF transsexuals.

For treatment of prostate cancer, up to 300 mg/day may be Rx for prostate cancer.

For both uses, the usual dose is lower.

I'll ask my urologist about it at my next checkup for my prostate cancer.

docrobbysherry
08-08-2011, 08:41 PM
It MAY be a coincidence but, I began taking terazosin and proscar for an enlarged prostate about 15 years ago. And, began CDing out of the blue at nearly the same time!:brolleyes:

I don't know what my T levels were before the meds. Now, they r low but ok according to the chart for my age. No breast growth and I can still perform. Sherry helps with THAT!:D

Angela2me
08-09-2011, 03:39 AM
What was it prescribed for?

I was taking it for voluntary chemical castration, but that is another story.
When i stopped, everything went back to normal, chest hair, facial hair and reduction in my breasts.
Almost tempted to go back on them, but my wife would not be impressed with the total loss of libido and inability to rise to the occasion.

christinamonae
08-10-2011, 01:21 PM
im sorry hope things work out for you

Barbara Dugan
08-10-2011, 05:18 PM
I was on Adrogel because of very low testosterone for close to a year and my breasts grew a little bit, they are still growing but not a the rate they were with the Androgel but also made me very weepy and emotional unstable almost suicidal

mercterr
08-10-2011, 06:43 PM
I take Testim to increase my testosterone due to a small pituitary tumor. The stuff is fantastic, like youth in a bottle! I do get a lot more body hair and my muscles are bigger and stomach leaner. Not great if you are trying to pass, but I'm not and I like my male body to look good in when in male form (which is most of the time). My desire to dress did go through the roof on the stuff though. So did my libido.

Loni
08-10-2011, 10:05 PM
if only i could have talked my Dr in to giving me the hormones..he sent me to another Dr who only wanted to cut the prostate out.
sad but true surgeons only want to cut you open and remove things.
but cancer is nothing to sneeze about.

DonnaT
08-11-2011, 12:18 PM
I too was on Adrogel because of low T, but it did nothing for me. No T increase, no breast growth, no nothing.

I've been off it for about a year, and my T level has now decided to increase on its own. :idontknow: