PDA

View Full Version : Have insights from your femme self change the way you present your masculine self?

suchacutie
08-08-2011, 12:35 PM
There is currently a thread running about the "ideal man" from the point of view of our femme selves. That got me thinking:

For those of us who exist in both genders, has the experience of learning about your femme self changed the way you present your masculine self? Have you gained insights about being more attractive to your SO or potential dates? Has learning about the socialization of growing up as a girl changed the way you approach being your male self in your relationships with women (or SOs)? Since we work hard and "understanding women", have you reconsidered what a relationship involves?

Has learning how to be feminine affected you as a man in a relationship with a woman?

Karren H
08-08-2011, 12:42 PM
Not according to my wife.... I'm still a guy who dopes stupid guy things... Forgets things. Buys her the wrong things for special occasions.... Insensitive... You can dress me up but I'm still the same self inside.

SuzanneBender
08-08-2011, 12:44 PM
I still have most of my neanderthal male traits, but I also see that I am much more open and sharing than most of my male friends.

Gotta go time to pile chips on my belly and eat them off my shirt :) . Hey sometimes its also fun to be a guy!

suchacutie
08-08-2011, 10:18 PM
It is great to be a guy, and my chain saws get a lot of workout!

But there is something to be said for being transgendered. As a guy, I solve problems. If there is an issue, I solve it an move on, probably to a fault. I never knew that at times it drove my wife crazy. She would have an issue and she and a girlfriend would just talk about it (and talk about it, etc.) I never understood that...until Tina arrived. Then in one of our conversations my wife explained it to me. Now when she has an issue, instead of immediately trying to solve it, I hold off and while I'm still thinking about how to solve it, I just start asking her how she feels about it (just like she said her girlfriend would do) and off we go, like two girlfriends. Eventually I'll solve whatever it is, but now my wife gets to talk to her girlfriend about it first, and then her husband. I make her happy on both ends of it!

Cynthia Anne
08-09-2011, 04:54 AM
I really think that my female side has made me more caring! It's sometimes a burden to carry a chain saw or a toolbox with my purse! But I always manage somehow!:D

cyndi2be
08-09-2011, 11:03 AM
I hope its made me better - listening - attentive - understanding - accepting - feeling different

Stephanie47
08-09-2011, 11:10 AM
Once I gained self acceptance of myself, I became more tolerant of other person's lifestyles. I also do my best to maintain my weight, so I do not have to bust the bank account buying clothes of the next size. My wife likes it that my physical stature has not changed over forty years, although I wish I had more hair. But, since I am taller than most guys and surely women, the lack of hair is not all that noticeable when erect. Having that "male pregnant look" would be a bummer.

kimdl93
08-09-2011, 11:55 AM
I've learned a lot about being a woman over the past 12 years with my wife...and it has influenced the way I behave as a male. Most notably, I wasn't a particularly good listener, wasn't very emotionally aware, wasn't open to trying new things for fear of embarrassment, and wasn't yet fully capable of talking through problems. I don't know that these are uniquely feminine, but they are attributes I find in my wife, things that have made her both successful and attractive. I really do try to emulate (and practice) these in my own behavior, regardless of how I'm dressed at the moment.

Frédérique
08-10-2011, 12:26 AM
Have insights from your femme self change the way you present your masculine self? Has learning how to be feminine affected you as a man in a relationship with a woman?

Yes, in fact I didn’t enjoy being a “man in a relationship” at all – it was an interesting experiment, but I would prefer to BE the woman I’m having a relationship with, and diminish the masculine self that I’m burdened with. I can accomplish this, thanks to crossdressing. I present my male self as little as possible…
:battingeyelashes:

kimdl93
08-10-2011, 07:41 AM
Yes, in fact I didn’t enjoy being a “man in a relationship” at all – it was an interesting experiment, but I would prefer to BE the woman I’m having a relationship with, and diminish the masculine self that I’m burdened with. I can accomplish this, thanks to crossdressing. I present my male self as little as possible…
:battingeyelashes:

Freddy, have you been able to enage in a relationship that allows you to diminish that masculine self? It seems that some of us prefer maintain a separation between their male and feminine selves, while others let the two blend together or, minimize the male self to the extent possible.