PDA

View Full Version : Have you had any good experiences coming out of the closet

Nigella
08-08-2011, 01:10 PM
Only those members who have responded to the thread Do-you-regret-coming-out-of-the-closet (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?157844-Do-you-regret-coming-out-of-the-closet) can respond to this thread NO COMMENTING ON ANY POST WILL BE PERMITTED.

Please tell us about any good experiences you have had about coming out.

Tara D. Rose
08-08-2011, 04:07 PM
Yes I have had so many good experience since coming out of the closet only to my wife. Yes she and I have danced together, made love as two girls. We have gone to SCC, where we had the time of our lives. We have enjoyed so many roleplaying fulfilling experiences since coming out of my closet to her. Then sometimes she flips on me about all of it, then I begin to regret my coming out to her. I guess a CD cannot have it all.
Love & Respect...............Tara

TGMarla
08-08-2011, 05:16 PM
Absolutely. The best crossdressing experiences of my life include going out fully dressed. It was terrific to mingle with other like-minded individuals, or people who were at least accepting. Some of those people actually thought I was a woman, and were surprised to realize their error. It gave me courage and validation, and gave me the confidence I needed to no longer hide from people. However, I still get very nervous, and I don't answer the door to strangers when I'm dressed. I find that being out and about is one thing, but encountering people when at home is quite another. Wierd, eh?

kristinacd55
08-08-2011, 05:17 PM
A feeling of I'm free! I'm free! To be dressed as a woman and accepted! Geez, do i have to elaborate more? :)

Natalee
08-08-2011, 06:31 PM
One of the nice little things about being "out of the closet". I can now keep my shoes and clothing where they belong when I'm not wearing them: "In the closet."

Debb
08-08-2011, 06:42 PM
Sure.

Coming out is a catharsis all in itself. It feels good, even if it goes negatively; it's a weight off your chest .. knowing this part of you that you don't want to hide, "must" remain hidden. You feel liberated. At least, I do.

DebbieL
08-08-2011, 06:59 PM
Until I came out, nobody could ever know the "real me". I even took theater classes to learn how to "act" like a man. It was a role, a front, a mask, and a fraud. How could anybody ever know who I was if I couldn't share my real interests, my real passions, my real preferences.

As a male, I was very awkward, introverted, intellectual, nerdy, an egg-head, antisocial, and verbally and intellectually abusive.

When I came out, I had the freedom to truly share myself with others, let others get to know me, and really share a variety of interests. Coming out gave me access to integrity, authenticity, commitment, impeccability, power, and a whole new world of possibilities. Those who accepted me became real and close friends. I was able to help thousands of people as Debbie, working with drug addicts and alcoholics.

The hardest thing was when I tried to STOP being Debbie. I reverted to being dishonest, sneaking, inauthenticity, and intellectual. I nearly doubled my weight, and ended up having a heart attack and a stroke. When I finally decided to take losing weight seriously, I called the game "14 in14" going from size 26 to size 14 in 14 months. I'm already down to size 16 and started making public appearances again. I've already been asked to speak before one group.

Cheryl T
08-09-2011, 08:44 AM
I have a much stronger and closer relationship with my spouse now that I have been open and honest with her about this. She has been wonderful, completely understanding and so very helpful.