PDA

View Full Version : Do we actually have anything in common?

msginaadoll
08-08-2011, 05:55 PM
Other than we crossdress. In my opinion no. We may stay in, or go out. We may be content to partially dress and even wear a beard or mustache. Some of us are sissies some of us wish to pass. What do we actually have in common other than clothes.
I think it is human nature to want to have others be like us or for us to be like them. But what if we realy share nothing in common. Maybe that is what the disagreement is among crossdressers. Some folk feel we are a community and some dont care.
Besides a crossdresser, I am also a guitar playing, 80's music loving, semi nudist, swimmer, who likes to watch cartoons, eat peanutbutter from the jar, and suck on icecubes. Whatever would I have in common with you, and whatever would u have in common with me.
Thats just my opinion, but I am also an opinionated, pig headed, flatulent, bean eating, Opus loving ignaramus? So what about you? Do we have anything in common?

mercterr
08-08-2011, 06:50 PM
I am also a guitar player (sort of), ex competitive swimmer who watches cartoons, is sometimes guilty of excessive flatulence. If by Opus you mean the penguin from Bloom County, I enjoy him tremendously and I am an ice hockey fanatic who loves his dogs. I am however not pig headed. I am nothing but reasonable so we do not have anything in common!

TGMarla
08-08-2011, 06:57 PM
Well, let's see......I play guitar, I'm opinionated (a little!), I like 70s and 80s music, I have a pool, and I've been known to go nude in it from time to time, I'm flatulent (occasionally), and peanut butter doesn't suck.

I'm also a golf-playing, beer-drinking, cigar-smoking Chicago Bears/Blackhawks/White Sox fan who drives too fast, swears too often, and procrastinates too much.

See? I'm just like anyone else.

LilSissyStevie
08-08-2011, 07:03 PM
I play guitar sometimes, watch cartoons and eat peanut butter. The important question is: natural or processed?, smooth or chunky? Natural and chunky for me.

Starr
08-08-2011, 07:05 PM
Use to play a little guitar never was that good as i am tone deaf, love 80's music and while not a nudist would have no problem undressing with others that are.. Love cartoons, can't eat peanutbutter and sometimes enjoy eatting ice. I am opinionated and while i don't consider myself pighead i am sure there are some who think i am. I enjoy the kinder side of life but don't take that as permission to try and push me around. As Drag Queen Charlie Brown says, "When you push me you better remember one thing, deep down i am just a big old southern boy in a drees and i will put a hurting on you". I hate to see others in pain, i look for compromise any disagreements and feel like everyone should pull their own weight, when they can. We are all different yet we are all the same in most cases, we live, we die, we hurt, we cry, we rejoice, we help and we love...

AllieSF
08-08-2011, 07:07 PM
Yes, I like to crossdress too and go out. I have been out with you and enjoyed some wonderful adventures in common. Oh, and we are both very beautiful human beings.

DebbieL
08-08-2011, 07:30 PM
Transgender and Bisexual are two of the most inclusive groups you could imagine. Being transgendered spans the entire range from wanting to do specific things that are considered forbidden to our biological gender. This can range from just wanting to wear certain clothes, or just play with the girls instead of the boys. Bisexuals range from those who have occasional sexual fantasies to those who actively engage with both genders at the same time. These broad shades of gray open the community to a much larger population. If you include both groups together, those NOT in one of those two groups is probably less than 5% of the world's population.

What makes those who actively engage in transgendered or bisexual behavior remarkable is their ability to question the status quo, to challenge it, and to be powerful innovators. Look at those at the leading edge of any major technology and you will often find that those who question and challenge the status quo in technology or politics or economics have also questioned and sometimes challenged the stereotypes of gender and sexual preference.

When you look at those who rigidly stick to their ultimate stereotypes of being the "Masculine Man" mated to the "Feminine Woman" with rigid conformity, you often find oppressive religious beliefs, very conservative political viewpoints, and often very narrow minded thinking.

Perhaps some of the "homophobia" that lashes out against both the transgender and bisexual and gay community is anger at knowing that they have "played by the rules", waited until marriage before sex, then got married, and didn't get as much sex, or didn't get good sex, or in general found that marriage and the "missionary position" were not all they were cracked up to be, and because they never explored or discussed their fantasies, ended up frustrated with their partners. Lashing out at the guy in the dress, or the guys holding hands - is just their "socially acceptable" way of lashing out and expressing their anger and frustration about their own situation.

Samantha43
08-08-2011, 07:42 PM
Well, lets see.

I am a crossdresser. I love the shooting sports, camping, boating (yes, I am a swimmer), home improvement projects, woodworking, college football, the occasional cold beverage :drink: and hanging out with family and friends. I do my best to be the best father and husband I can possibly be. I have been known to suffer from flatulence. I'm bull headed and very opinionated. I play guitar (kinda difficult when I have my nails on....), love '70s and '80s rock and roll, don't watch TV (except for the above mentioned college football) and believe peanut butter is best left in the jar. I go all out when I crossdress even though I can never pass. I am perfectly happy in my closet.

GaleWarning
08-08-2011, 07:51 PM
As with any community, there are people here with whom I resonate and others with whom I have no desire to interact.
This is perfectly normal.

I play piano, I enjoy people, I teach, I drink in a convivial environment whenever I can.

Alice Torn
08-08-2011, 07:59 PM
They say that the thing we hate worst in someone else, is the same quality we have!! I like clasical music, cats, and all animals, shooting basketball, bicycling, swimming, fishing, all sports to some degree. Old cars. The Bible!!!! History, Talk radio , like Michael Savage, Dennis Prager, Glenn Beck, Alex Jones, Dr. Laura. Oh no, I can feel the darts, arrows, bullts, rocks, and yelling, gotta run!

Jenny Gurl
08-08-2011, 08:04 PM
What would be interesting is a detailed pole for the whole site to see what statistics would actually show. I play guitar, piano, like outdoor activities like camping, hiking, shooting, etc. You might be surprised how much this group does have in common.

Marcia Polari
08-08-2011, 08:17 PM
I never learn to play guitar, one of my many regrets.
Love sports, ex-competitive swimmer and volleyball player and am not bad at tennis.
Love dogs and cats.
Used to be more opinionated but am a kinda calm and quiet girl now that I'm getting older.
Love my family, wife and kids and like to think myself as a big mother.
Like to read and write, especially CDing stuffs.
And I think we all have a lot in common.

Karren H
08-08-2011, 08:18 PM
I have always said that liking to wear the same clothes is not a good basis for a long tern friendship. So I'd say I don't have much in common with 99% of the people here. Actully I have more I. Common with the females on makeuptalk and with my friends on Facebook whom I choose carefuilly based on just more than wearing womens clothing. Like ice hockey. And liking wakeup with Taylor on Cosmo radio..

juno
08-08-2011, 08:38 PM
We have enough in common to be internet friends. That is what makes internet socializing great. You can interact with many people that have a common interest, and it does not matter that they may not have enough in common to be close friends.

Of course, I find that I like most LGBTI people that I meet in person. Having moved beyond concerns social conformance generally makes them better people.

Kaitlyn26
08-08-2011, 08:42 PM
I can't play an instrument but wish I could. I love much of the 80s music. I'm a great swimmer and try to go swimming a few times a week. I ate peanut butter from the jar as a child also but it's not something I'm fond of. So we have a few things in common. :)

renee k
08-08-2011, 08:45 PM
Yes, I like to crossdress too and go out. I have been out with you and enjoyed some wonderful adventures in common. Oh, and we are both very beautiful human beings.

All the above, plus eat peanut butter from the jar!!

Renee

Maddie22
08-08-2011, 09:33 PM
I think that we share a lot in common with each other. We challenge the prototypical gender laws of our society. Whether we are totally out, out to a few friends and/or family, or totally in the closet, we came to this forum looking for others similar to ourselves with that regard. For the vast majority of of us that participate here, our pushing the gender boundaries is a pretty substantial part of our lives.

Yes, we all may have other beliefs, activities, likes and dislikes in our lives that we may not have in common with each beyond our gender spectrum. However sometimes as humans in general, we need to share only one major commonality with one another to create a strong bond.

Even in this thread it seems like there are many people that share other interests beyond this forum.

But continuing on the theme of the thread, I'll say a little bit about me:

I've never played guitar, but I played the saxophone as a student. I wish I never gave it up. I love music of all types, but I'm particularly fond of the more "Hippy" type music (Widespread Panic, The Allman Brothers, Grateful Dead, Phish, Zeppelin, Ben Harper, Pearl Jam). I've been to Bonnaroo twice, and each time was an amazing totally different experience. I love to snow ski, and I'm very adventurous in doing so. I'll hike to ski the parts of the mountain no one else has been that week. I used to be a republican, now I'm not at all. I'm not religious by any stretch of the imagination, a little agnostic almost stretching to atheist. I'm a foodie, and I very much enjoy quality beer, wine and whiskey. I'm in favor of marijuana being legalized, I love the city, but I can go camping. I'm a huge sports enthusiast, especially Football and basketball (college and pro, but more college). I'm very much into fashion (when I can afford). I would like to get my masters degree within the next 5 years and maybe a PhD in the next 10.

CarlaWestin
08-08-2011, 09:38 PM
I have a cross-dressing dog who plays guitar covered in peanut butter. And I fart. Want to be friends?

BRANDYJ
08-08-2011, 09:40 PM
This is a great thread. I too own a guitar and never mastered it. One regret. My age is showing since I am into 50's and early 60's music before the British invasion. At that time I turned to county music before country was even cool. Funny thing is, my teens were in the 60's when most of us relate to the music of the era. I am a die hard Elvis freak. But I too eat peanut butter from the jar. I'm a golfer that also likes NFL football. But I gave up on baseball when they kicked Pete Rose out and the players went on strike 2 years in a row. Never liked hockey or basketball. I also am an avid fisherman, gun enthusiast and I love to sing karaoke....Elvis of course.
So just what is a semi nudist? Is that what we are when we wear a skimpy bikini? lol I'm very spiritual but dislike most organized religions. But I defend everyone's right to worship whatever way brings you comfort. But please, don't preach to me. I love makeup, lingerie, dresses and skirts like most of us here do. I dislike the term sissy, yet I am submissive, but only to the woman I love. To all others I am anything but submissive.
So far that, and guitars and eating peanut butter from the jar are our common interests. Oh yeah, the semi nude thing too. But if you have a beard or mustache we have very little in common since to me they don't go with the feminine clothes that we all like.
Now that I think about it, I am glad we are all so different in our likes and dislikes. If we were all exactly alike, how boring we'd all be.

docrobbysherry
08-08-2011, 09:42 PM
Seriously, people that dress WHATEVER their reasons, r ALL special folks! At least, that's been my experience!:thumbsup:

I met 3 CDs at the SCC nearly 3 years ago that have all had SRS since then. I really like those girls! :hugs:

As I'm a so called "fetish" CD, what could we POSSIBLY have in common? Other than dressing?

I don't know. But, I recognized them as very special people. And, I've met many more of the same at other events! Some CDs, some TGs, some TSs, but all wonderful, unique individuals!:)

U can argue with anyone u want to here. But, I'm betting if u ever meet each other over a drink, you'll get along just fine!:D

GingerLeigh
08-09-2011, 03:52 AM
You're from Detroit, so we share a near common location. I like 80's music so we're probably from the same generation. I play the piano. Cartoons? I like good ol' Bugs Bunny. I don't eat peanut butter from the jar. Oh, farting... yeah.. I am a guy and I get that alot. I still laugh when I do. I never venture out, and am in the closet. I don't get why there is so much fighting over this issue. Like you said, other than crossdressing, we're all quite different.

Cynthia Anne
08-09-2011, 05:45 AM
I'm just an ol kountry girl that luvs her kountry music and a cold beer and don't gives a rats of what no one thinks of hur! But guess what! I love most of the girls here! In common or not! Hugs!

sometimes_miss
08-09-2011, 07:56 AM
I'd have to say it's like anything else; just because you have one thing in common with someone, doesn't mean there's any other common ground. However, I've met some people here that I do share other interests with. But like any other group of people, we rarely have EVERYTHING in common. I like fast sports cars, formula one, Indy cars, ALMS and ROLEX series racing, while some people prefer NASCAR (which I also like, but not as much as road racing). I oddly enough like combat flight sims, but don't like first person shooter games. And as much as I enjoy very fast foreign sports cars (got one, thanks!), I also like taking my full size SUV up into the dirt and putting up a tent overnight out in the middle of nowhere (sadly, don't get to do much of that around where I live, though).

kimdl93
08-09-2011, 08:41 AM
I play guitar poorly... In my opinion, however, we have some fundemental things in common. Something underlying the desire to dress...a common set of maybe genetically driven and behavioral traits lead us to want to dress. Sure, we are all over the spectrum in terms of the intensity of that desire or the interest in "being" feminine. But I really see those as a matter of degree and not kind.

As for disagreement, we're all human.

eluuzion
08-09-2011, 11:22 AM
I played drums in a band in high school. I played the flute for 1 week. I love peanut butter, but put it on something, then eat it. (not the organic kind) I hate Muzak, but love music {rock, jazz, classic). I wear 5" heels in nude a lot, but have no idea what "semi-nude" means. I swim. I twist everything around me into a cartoon before I interpret meaning. I suck on things, but not ice cubes,and I drink OJ like people drink coffee.

What else...let's see

I was a corporate mgr 90+ people then became a construction flagger all in the same year. I started lots of companies, owned a IRL team, been rich and poor many times so money obviously does not matter much to me. I earned black belt Tae-Kwon-Do and 3 college degrees but never used any of it for anything. I was a glass artist. I read legal, medical, psych journals for fun, I was almost a certified Truth Wizard, I am "invisible", into anti-surveillance/privacy, I'm trying to make a life sized silicone person in my studio, and do not have a clue why I do any of those things, aside from being either extremely curious or completely mentally unstable. Oh, I think I am a sex fanatic and I love the beach. Been married a lot...divorced a lot more...and dress 22 of every 24 hours most daze.Only about 5 people know my real name. No wonder I'm I am still single.:heehee:

See, you are wrong.
We are exactly alike,
(except for being totally different...) :hugs:

:love:

Holly
08-09-2011, 11:39 AM
I play the radio... does that count? We can share things in common and still be unique individuals.

Debra Russell
08-09-2011, 11:53 AM
What we all have in common? First of all we are all men! :doh: (did I just say that) and we have all the same things all males have in common -- being men -- what bonds us together and gives us a sence of unity is our femm side and to what degree we present ourselves. I think we are ahead of common understanding on different levels---enjoy...............Debra

Loveday
08-09-2011, 12:11 PM
Let's see, 80's music was ok but liked 70s rock and roll more. I like the older cartoons like Road Runner, Pink Panther, and Bullwinkle. Limit myself to 2 peanut butter twinkies a night to kill the hunger pains. I use to swim alot, even had a bunch of mile swim patches from scout camp ( D-A ) when I was young. After my second heart attack i just haven't had the time to go swimming. I am trying to get back into bike riding. I try not to be opinionated anymore, but I am learning you really cannot just not have an opinion. I guess I am a nudist, if I am not enfem I 'm naked, only dress as a male to shop and to do business. I am and have been extremely shy all my life so I don't go out much plus my meds do not allow me to drink so it os hard to socialize. And what else, - I tried to play guitar and keyboards but I really suck at it. Love to play the stock market for the somewhat long term, in other words I am not a trader, but like to play the trend using T/A. Like Scootors. I travel accross the state alot, just hanging around here lately to work on an estate, but want to get back up north soon (- I think the hydro plane races are coming to Indian River).

Shelly Preston
08-09-2011, 12:25 PM
Holly is correct

We are all individuals linked by a common theme

As a community some of us will have more in common that others be it a love of music, sports, literature or anything else you care to mention.

Emily Ann Brown
08-09-2011, 12:37 PM
Okay...you have convinced me I don't want to be married to any of you. So what? I don't want to marry my cat either but we live in the same house in peace.

Em

SherriePall
08-09-2011, 12:47 PM
While I share some of those things in common with those who have posted ahead of me (peanut butter is at the top of the food pyramid -- do they still have that?) and I love some cartoons, such as Rocket J. Squirrel, there are many other things I don't share.
What does this mean? Nothing, because all it takes is one thing in common to befriend someone. Afterall, my wife and I share few of the same interests, including clothes, and yet we have been together since ....

suchacutie
08-09-2011, 01:55 PM
Whether we eat peanut-butter (I prefer cashew-butter myself) from a jar or not might not be the point of the commonality that brings us here.

We are here because of our interest in being transgendered. We are here because together we can bring forward a set of experiences that just might touch our minds in ways we hadn't thought about before. We have a commonality in trying to come to grips with the fact that we at times find outselves in the mindset (at whatever level) of the "other" gender. How we accomplish that might be different at some level, but there are enough similarities that sharing our experiences enriches all of us, and that is what we all have in common!

tina

busker
08-09-2011, 02:21 PM
I'm from Venus, the rest of you are from Mars--so there!

Chickhe
08-09-2011, 02:36 PM
Hmmm.... if I pick photography for example, I can't say many others with the same interest have much else in common and the same applies to CDing. There are subgroups... I chew my ice cubes, I wish I could play music, but I can't, I like beans, I like camping... Seems like any group has its problems, basically, I think people need to listen more, talk less and not jump on others for not being perfect.

Misti
08-09-2011, 03:33 PM
Other than we crossdress.... Do we have anything in common? ...In my opinion no.
Gina, if that was, "...no. [Period]," then V/R, I must beg to differ with you. Period

We are all "anonymous" males here. period :drink:

:2c: For that matter, I could/would/should be friends with any of my MTF "girlfriends" here regardless of their likes or dislikes; so what's the point? :brolleyes:

Oh BTW, :love:

CynthiaD
08-09-2011, 04:30 PM
I don't have much in common with any of my friends. Usually it's just one thing, or maybe two, I have in common with them.

Crossdressing is a pretty big thing to have in common with someone, and in my opinion, it's enough.

CK

Ria
08-09-2011, 04:48 PM
So true! so much in common yet so very little.

ReineD
08-09-2011, 10:35 PM
Perhaps some of the "homophobia" that lashes out against both the transgender and bisexual and gay community is anger at knowing that they have "played by the rules", waited until marriage before sex, then got married, and didn't get as much sex, or didn't get good sex, or in general found that marriage and the "missionary position" were not all they were cracked up to be, and because they never explored or discussed their fantasies, ended up frustrated with their partners. Lashing out at the guy in the dress, or the guys holding hands - is just their "socially acceptable" way of lashing out and expressing their anger and frustration about their own situation.

This is a rather narrow way of looking at cis hetero people. There are such people who are creative, fulfilled, sensual, quirky, humorous, intelligent, musical, artistic, philosophical, addicted to crossword puzzles, sudokus & kenkens, skiers, loving parents, animal lovers, computer and graphic applications literate, romantic, lovers of nature, lovers of travel, lovers of culinary delights and cooking, enthusiastic, compassionate, lovers of beauty of any kind, ... like me!

Oh .. I forgot. What I have in common with the community? I'm partially in the closet too, and I hang out with you ladies way more than is good for me. :p

Edit - ... and I also like cute clothes, shoes, and cute jewelry. :)

Kaitlyn26
08-09-2011, 10:58 PM
I've met a few members that have things in common with me. Just like any other forum. That's why I make a lot of small talk type threads. It lets you meet others that are interested in the same things as you, beyond just choices of attire.

Samantha_Smile
08-10-2011, 01:46 AM
Hmmm...
Well, I also play guitar, bass and actually drums. Hope to get some simple recording gear when GF finishes uni and get some stuff written.
I like PC's, hardware, overclocking and modding them. I play PC games via steam and also play a fair dose of COD on PS3.
I like cars. Looking at, photographing, tinkering, tuning and maintaining. If it needs 4 tyres and a turbo- I'm in! :D

Ava McGhee
08-10-2011, 03:01 AM
I will leave you sucking ions in Wipeout, the premiere hovercraft racing series which has been on every playstation since the original; I love Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport, anything which lets me go FAST. I like fighting games, but only those where speed is a factor. I love caffeine and any other kind of legal stimulant which I can get my hands on. I'm 32 with the energy and looks of a 22 year old... yet I'm as jaded and cynical and world-weary as an 80-year-old.

I'm transgendered, MtF; I started transitioning at 27 years old and am now 32. I feel both more balanced than I ever have been, and confused; I've always known I'm a woman deep down. Not a girly-girl in the least, but very tasteful, very proper; engaging and conversant, but ONLY if I can recognize myself as essentially feminine. Listening to my compassion, my empathy and love for others, even in the face of my own pride; to see myself as one to nurture is to see myself as complete.

I don't care much for corsets, racy bras and other forms of lingerie; I appreciate a nice dress, and I enjoy coordinating the colors of my makeup and clothes with my eye and hair color; but outside of that, I don't care much for what other crossdressers on this site seem to derive so much joy from.. I'm more interested in actually being female.

I want to feel exactly what a woman feels when she cries, or laughs, or feels anger. I know what it is to have a "good cry" by myself, even if I've never known someone to share one with. I've been compared to my mother in certain moments, or mistaken as a female when I was younger.

I'm a MtF transgendered person, who feels they've been forced into an unnaturally masculine role which they don't feel rings true with them, yet they keep acting out, even in the midst of transition, more from habit and the expectations of loved ones more than anything else. I got a late start, so I don't feel there's anyone I can talk to or who can relate with me; I taught myself to feel guilty for having any interest which most genetically male people who view this site would consider "feminine".

I had a home ec teacher who had a girl complete most of my projects, because they didn't want the guilt of producing another "f-word". That school had 24 students total, junior and high schools included. Most of my classmates gave me a very hard time for being such a "bitch" and an "f-word". One or two girls gave me advice on how to be less of an oaf; I appreciated them.

I'm 32 now; on my 3rd week of HRT, I finally feel like I can process emotions which I have bottled up for a very long time. I've been crying a lot... but a good crying, like I'm cleaning out my spirit. Some around me don't seem to understand what I'm going through.

I've been ostracized from my local LTGBQ community because before I began to transition, I displayed prominent homophobia. That was 7 years ago; I'm still not welcome. I'm told "You had this coming, bitch". I need to travel 300 miles to Seattle just to get a date... and despite all that, I'm happier, because I know how I feel; I don't feel encouraged to hold my own heart at arm's length. Feminization hasn't improved my situation in the least, yet I'm still grateful because at least now, I feel like an actual person, instead of a stand-in for a self that I must never allow to be.

DanyaKay
08-10-2011, 05:15 PM
Smooth peanut butter
no guitars, but self taught on piano
80's rock is good but some of the current stuff is good too.
Used to swim like a fish, now not so much but I'm highly considering scuba lessons.
Fart only when I think it's gonna be a good one. My crew gives me a hard time about it but I sign their checks.

The other stuff, Rocky Patels, R&R, skydiving, 4 wheelin' in the Jeep, learning Spanish, used to make a little $$ fishing.