PDA

View Full Version : it ain't cause youi dress, it is cause people be nosy.

Nicole Erin
08-09-2011, 12:00 PM
Alright so there is all this stuff about going out, being nervous, etc... when dressed.

It has little to do with breaking some stupid social taboo, it is merely cause people are nosy and have no life that they are curious.

Alright look, my best friend on here is into metal detecting. She says when she goes out and does it along the beach, sometimes people might ask if she is finding anything or wanting to pester her. Mind you she doesn't go out detecting in a miniskirt or drag queen clothes, just regular everyday clothing..
Now let us see, it is a beach, with hot beach bodies, the ocean, radios, cold drinks, the sun... and someone is concerned about someone carrying a metal detector?! Does the world have A.D.D.?

Or like Niya's latest story where someone had the sack to ask what race she was. The hell is the matter with people?

Don't get me started about these idiots who sit on the porch and stare at people. Christ of Christs don't get me going on that.

Now me, I hate nosy people. I don't have time for my OWN business sometimes, let alone worry about what anyone else is doing.

But yeah when you go out dressed, it is just cause no-life having curious idiots want to cram their nose in everyone else's business.

Kaitlyn26
08-09-2011, 12:38 PM
I've always thought the people at the beach with metal detectors were weird. There's a nice beach and water and you're wearing jeans, a flannel shirt, and looking for someone's keys? Weird hobby. :p

Emma England
08-09-2011, 01:59 PM
Maybe they are looking for their lost earrings? lol

NV Susan
08-09-2011, 02:51 PM
So Erin, what's wrong with metal detecting on the beach in a miniskirt? I think a nice jean skirt would be a nice cover up for a bikini bottom!!! :heehee:

Cynthia Anne
08-09-2011, 05:28 PM
OH HECK! I think I will not ask this burning question for fear I'd seem tooo noisey! :eek::drink::heehee:Hugs!

VioletJourney
08-09-2011, 06:08 PM
lol I hate nosy people... in fact I was practically forced out of the closet by my nosy brother trying to search my room all the time!

Jenniferathome
08-09-2011, 07:44 PM
I disagree. While people can be nosey, it is simple embarrassment of being "called out" in public that sits in the back of my mind. Now, thats actually funny because the average person would say nothing, even if they knew, I was a cross dresser (non-crossdressers tend to be embarrassed about it too). My nervousness has diminished over time and continues to fall each and every time I go out, but it is still there. My goal is not to stand out but just to be a "woman" when I am dressed and out and about. I feel I have an obligation to women to NOT be a caricature of a woman and that is the pressure I feel when dressed. I don't really care if someone is nosey, as long as I pass or am accepted freely.

NicoleScott
08-09-2011, 08:00 PM
Weird metal-detecting hobby? Perhaps. The central east coast of Florida is called the Treasure Coast because tons of Spanish (and other) gold went down when storms sank ships long ago. You'll really see the metal detectors out in force right after a hurricane there, because the storm might have washed some of that treasure on the beach. Each piece (coin, jewel, or other) could be worth a lot of money. When your metal detector beeps, people won't be looking at your mini-skirt.

sissystephanie
08-09-2011, 10:27 PM
One of the major problems on this forum is not about people being nosy!! It is that too many people on the forum are worried about what other people are thinking!!! Live your own life, and let the others live theirs!! If they get in your face, which is very unlikely, then do something about it!! Otherwise ignore them!! I have been following this credo for more years than many of you have been living, and it works!!