PDA

View Full Version : where to begin......

countingthesand
08-10-2011, 02:04 PM
How do I know which path to take. I have always believed I should had been born female(but forced to hide it..tried once to explan my self and it ended horrible). It has only been in the last few months that I decided to act on it. I have purchased some minor clothing (pantyhose and panties) the more I buy and wear the more comfortable I feel and want to continue. It only when I embrace my female in me do I feel like myself. Some may say Im just a crossdressor but I don't think that's it. If I could be 100% Female today I would and not go back. How do I know and what's the best way to start?

Joan_CD
08-10-2011, 02:38 PM
By speaking to a therapist that is knowledgeable in these areas.

Joanna41
08-10-2011, 02:45 PM
If I could be 100% Female today I would and not go back. How do I know and what's the best way to start?
If you like dresing as a woman do it more often and see if its comfortale for you. There is more to being a woman then just dresing like one, but I do agree with what Joan said...find a therapist that specializes in what you are looking to do. Good Luck!

Joanna

diannecourtney
08-10-2011, 05:57 PM
Well I dabbled for years and did not know why. Admiring a girl and her clothes at 9-10-11. Particularly thrilled by the Catholic girls in their blade skirts. Then a stint with the Scouts, athletics, college, soldiering aand finally marriage and business travel. For some reason or otherI found mens spandex briefs. just loved there feel and containment. That lasted several years until they were no longer available. Oh what's a guy to do? Ah, the wife gave up the girdle and disposed of some other undies. The experiment began and it has grown ever since until the guy ran into the most beautiful women he had ever seen and from there it has not turned back. Just can't duplicate the beauty, but the wearing and all goes well.

TGMarla
08-10-2011, 07:47 PM
As others have said, you should seek therapy. But I'd warn that some therapists will try to "cure" you, and others will try to push you in a direction towards transition. I hope you will find one that tries to help you sort yourself out, and thereby come to the correct conclusion for you. Transition is a very drastic step to take, and is not reversable. But if that is the answer for you, then I wish you well in your journey. But please....take this slowly. I'm sure that being a woman has its benefits, but it's not all pantyhose and pretty dresses. Being a crossdresser....well, it can be all pantyhose and pretty dresses. So one thing you have to decide is whether you want the one slice of the pie you desire, or the whole pie, complete with the pieces you don't want.

If you transition, you'll be a woman. But you'll also be a transexual woman. That may come with all kinds of baggage. If others find that you're transexual, you may be subject to all kinds of prejudices. There is pain involved not just for you, but for all of the people in your life. For some, the transition is smooth; for others the transition is awful. I'd suggest you visit the transexual forum here, and talk about this at some length with others who actually are going through it. They have all been where you are now, and they might be in a better position to councel you.

countingthesand
08-10-2011, 07:48 PM
I did a few years ago. But it started to become to costy but the last advise he told me was to communicate with others and discover the positives and negatives and careful make up my mind. I never did but think now is a good time to start.

sterling12
08-10-2011, 07:54 PM
I think you already know The Answer. But, like many folks around here; you may want to spend some time in denial. Family, Work Situations, Friends, Society in general, can all make us want to avoid or deny what we already know about ourselves. It's called a "Defense Mechanism," and it may be quite normal. It's a Way for The Brain to cope with An Insolvable.

Odds are excellent that you will continue to progress, try more things, experience The Feminine much more deeply. Don't feel guilty, just "go with it," and see what happens? Eventually one day, you probably will just "do what's right" for you. If you don't fight it, think of all The Time and Emotion you WILL NOT waste!

Peace and Love, Joanie