PDA

View Full Version : Meet a sister

JoAnnDallas
10-10-2005, 12:46 PM
I had the wildest experience last Saturday afternoon. Last week was my BDay and a couple of members of the family had BDay's last week, so we all went out for Mexican food Saturday afternoon to celibrate.
When we got there, I asked if anyone wanted a drink. it was going to be about 1/2 hour before we could be seated. So I took drinks and went to the
bar. Gave the Bar guy my orders.
While waiting, I was drumming my new nails on the bar when the guy next to me pushed a napking and pen toward me. On the napkin was a single letter "T". I stood there staring at the napkin, when all of a sudden a werid thought came to me. "No, he could not be asking, what I think he is asking". Now remember neither he or I are looking at each other or making eye contact. All of sudden, I start to get nervious and my heart rate jumps. Don't know how long I stood there looking at the napkin, but I decieded to take a chance. (You have to take chances once in a while) So I took the pen and wrote a "G" next to the "T" and pushed the napkin and pen back toward him.
So I standing there nervious to all get out, heart racing and I sneek a peek and notice he is writing something on the napkin. Sure enough he pushes back toward me. I closed my eyes for a moment and then opened them and looked at the napkin. It said below the letters "TG", "SUSAN". I almost fainted right there.
I picked up the pen to start to write my name, when I here a GG behind me say "Honey our table is ready". I turned around and we looked at each other, made eye contact, and he said "bye" and I said "bye".
That was the last time I saw him again. I looked around the place, but could not spot him. Well girls, there is another sister here in Plano, TX and I know her name, but that's it. She doesn't even know my name, which is a shame. At least she knows I am around. LOL I wonder if she was as nervious as I was. I know it was my nails that made her suppect I was TG and it does bring up a interesting thought, the way she asked. I would have never thought of that way.

MistyCD
10-10-2005, 12:50 PM
Wow, so close but yet so far..... maybe we do need to have a quick sign that is familar to all....

Hugs misty

Wendy me
10-10-2005, 01:09 PM
or that nice shoes thingy....that was intresting how she did that ... and oh so cool ...if you were not a "t" you would not have had a clue so it was also a safe way for her to ask ... just way cool....

JoAnnDallas
10-10-2005, 01:18 PM
Wendy... I would have never in a million years thought of the way she asked. On the surface, it doesn't mean anything. Just a napkin sitting there with the letter "T" on it and a pen beside it. I also know that if I did not have my long nails, it would never have happen. Just a million in one chance. I still get a little excited even now, thniking about the meet.

JoAnn

Cora
10-10-2005, 01:23 PM
That is great to hear. It was a very clever idea. I am glad you had the courage to asnwer!

JoAnnDallas
10-10-2005, 01:27 PM
Cora... Looking back and thinking a little, even putting a "G" beside the "T" would not mean much unless both parties were of the same mind.
The more I remember the meet, the more I like her way of asking. She must have a engenius mind.

JoAnn

Wendy me
10-10-2005, 01:31 PM
we just never know who is right next to us...could be me or you......

Julie York
10-10-2005, 01:32 PM
Are we all going to rush out and buy napkins now?

That's an amazing story. It's like one of those logic problems...and when you hear the answer you think.....But of course!! How simple.

Clever stuff. Must remember that.

Sophia Rearen
10-10-2005, 01:43 PM
Reminiscent of Nazi Germany. As cool as that was, it's a shame that's the way you have to meet someone.

Holly
10-10-2005, 01:59 PM
Joann, what a great encounter you had... and Susan is indeed a very clever girl! I do hope the two of you have the opportunity to meet again and complete the introduction.

paulaN
10-10-2005, 02:10 PM
way cool. If you wern't of the same mind know one would have thought anything of it. I like her stile.

CharleneCD
10-10-2005, 04:09 PM
Big cheers to you Joann for having the courage to write that G on that napkin. It is so nice to know we are not alone.

jo_ann
10-10-2005, 06:51 PM
dam, what a cool story. I wish we had "Cd-ar" like gay people have gay-dar. Maybe we should come up with some international sign that only we know about so we can recognize when we see another like us.. I mean gay people have rainbows, whatever happened to that logo contest? If everyone wore a lapel pin, then we would know.

Marlena Dahlstrom
10-10-2005, 09:13 PM
I wish we had "Cd-ar" like gay people have gay-dar.

Waxed brows - Check...
Shaved arms, legs, chest - Check...
Manicured nails - Check...
Skin care care products - Check...
Watches "What Not to Wear" - Check...
Dress - No.

Grrr, faked out by another metrosexual... :p