PDA

View Full Version : I’m HURT, and very disappointed...

Frédérique
08-11-2011, 08:32 AM
I opened up the local newspaper today, and I found out that I was NOT named Miss Kansas Princess for 2011! This is the 6th straight year that my accomplishments in the field of femininity and effeminacy have gone unrecognized by my adopted state. Even worse, a young girl from this town, the town where I live, won the title! Oh, the bitter disappointment – I had such high hopes for success. After all, who is more qualified to be Miss Kansas Princess than Freddy, princess of the MtF crossdressers, a friend to all effeminate beings (regardless of gender), champion of the closeted, lover of all that is beautiful, and runner-up in the Betty Crocker butterscotch brownie bake-off? Am I not the exalted sissy of the high plains, the pretty poof of the prairie? Doesn’t my wardrobe of delicious dresses approach the magnificence of TGMarla’s? Well, maybe not, but I’m getting there. What happened, anyway? Let’s check out the “copy” in the paper...

“The National American Miss Pageants are for “Today’s Girl” and “Tomorrow’s Leaders.” Pageants are held in each state for girls ages four to eighteen in five different age divisions. The pageant program is based on inner beauty, as well as poise, presentation, and offers an “All American Spirit” of fun for family and friends. Emphasis is placed on the importance of gaining self-confidence, learning new skills, learning good attitudes about competition, and setting and achieving personal goals. The pageant seeks to recognize the accomplishments of each girl while encouraging her to set goals for the future!”

Well, right off the bat, I can see what the problem is. I hate to admit this, but I’m not really “Today’s Girl.” If anything, I’m yesterday’s girl – I confess I’m not between the ages of 4 to 18 physically, but very close to about 11-12 mentally. Keep in mind that girls mature faster than boys, OK? Also, I have no desire to be one of “Tomorrow’s Leaders,” and it shows. I won’t lead, I won’t follow, but I will get out of the way (I AM a sissy, silly!). I have plenty of inner beauty, even when my outward appearance is under construction, or scheduled for demolition, but I also wish to confess that I have been hopelessly corrupted over time, something my “inner” beauty seeks to redress (pun intended). I’m pleased to report that I’ve learned poise by participating on this forum – I tend to sit up straight and let the trollers have their way with me, in fact I laugh at them through my words. You know, I think I COULD win the essay contest – thanks, CD.com...

My presentation is impeccable, something you would realize instantly if you saw me in a book store, or staring longingly at a lovely dress in a store's window display, or spray-painting graffiti on a grain elevator (just kidding). I don’t go out the door unless everything is perfect, according to my definition of the word, and my password is “passing,” usually en passant. I won’t get into “All American Spirit,” since you aren’t allowed to discuss politics and religion on this site – let’s just say I don’t qualify, or I’m amusingly over-qualified, at least in the “spirit” department. It takes a lifetime of crossdressing to gain self-confidence, but I don’t think dressing against your birth gender is THEIR idea of self-assurance. I’ve certainly learned many new skills during my tenure as a transvestite; in fact I can apply eye make-up like a pro, grapple my billowing skirt in a tornado, and adjust my prosthetic bosom on the go, or in the dark, or both. Have I learned good attitudes? I think so, in fact I can assume many of the “attitudes” that Lady Hamilton made famous while she was Admiral Nelson’s concubine...

Setting personal goals is a sticky proposition – I assume the powers-that-be want me to be a good girl and do all those gender-specific things that make this country self-absorbed. Fair enough, I suppose, but what if the girl in question has her own ideas – I mean, what if she runs into an eye-opening member of Alternative Nation somewhere down the road? Let’s see – the girl from my town that won the coveted title and WILL be a princess (sigh) listed her “activities,” which include dance, cheerleading, Girl Scouts, swimming, and gymnastics. A girly-girl GG with a capital “G,” I would say. As for me, I don’t dance (I have no partner, for one thing), cheerleading is not my crossdressing fantasy, I can’t swim, and I’m not as limber as I used to be – I can no longer “assume the position,” I’m sorry to say. The Girl Scouts are more appealing, since I like cookies. Alas, I’ll never fit into one of those cute outfits! Say, do you suppose the Girl Scouts have a merit badge for FtM crossdressing (or perhaps “Transgendered Studies”)? Probably not, and that’s a par-for-the-course crying shame...

I like that phrase “learning good attitudes about competition,” which may translate as learning how to lose gracefully, something I will need to entertain if I’m going to enter next year’s competition – I’m not getting any younger, you know, and very few individuals recognize my accomplishments, not even other MtF crossdressers! It’s me against the world, but I need to stop crying, blot my tears of regret with another tissue, and steel myself for the upcoming challenge. I’ve set my goal for the future, and it is to cling to my fading girlhood with all my girly might. I stay close to my closet to preserve this magic, this impossible dream that drives me ever onward yet inward. I can’t stop now, because my nagging masculinity is right behind me, trying to overtake the girl I imagine myself to be and WANT to become...

There’s a photo of the new “Princess” in the paper, accompanying the article I quoted, and our local heroine is wearing a lovely gown with a taffeta skirt, full of swirls – unfortunately, the bodice is hidden by the large bouquet of roses she holds with both of her small hands. She wears a “Miss Kansas” sash, and a tall trophy is in front of her, no doubt topped by an allegorical female figure of some repute. She also has a sparkly tiara on her head, fitting her adolescent coiffure quite nicely. Oh, to be Miss Kansas Princess, and weave my wheat shocks into bountiful presents for all, arrange my sunflowers in a pretty vase, and walk in beauty where the buffalo once roamed. It’s only a dream, but you need dreams in this DRAB world! You know, I have a beautiful tiara of my own, and I protect it at all times, placing my transgendered life on the line if need be, because certain things are very dear to me. The many black queens of misanthropy, using their pointed (or blunted) words, try to dislodge my precious tiara, but I manage to just barely outsmart them at every turn. I am merely Freddy, after all, a princess in waiting, and I will not be deterred from my ongoing mission to be true to my “self”...

Thanks for reading, my sympathetic friends – I hope I made you smile. I just needed to write about this latest disappointment in my CD life, but I feel much better now! Tell me - are you now, or have you ever been a princess, or would you like to become one someday? Dream a “little” dream with me, willya?
:battingeyelashes:

kimdl93
08-11-2011, 08:40 AM
Into every life some rain must fall. I'm glad to see you are able to handle adversity with such grace and dignity. Well, it the Miss Kansas opportunity passes you by, is there a Mrs/Ms Kansas competition?

Vieja
08-11-2011, 08:48 AM
With my ancient eyes I managed to read your post. Were you being facetious? Cheer up, being "merely Freddy" is not a bad thing and your avatar is gorgeous.

Vieja

NancyTO
08-11-2011, 08:51 AM
So unfair! :Angry3:

But don't worry, there is always a chance for a spot on Toddlers and Tiaras reality show. :doll:

Karren H
08-11-2011, 09:03 AM
I'd move to North Dakota!!

JenniferR771
08-11-2011, 09:12 AM
So sad. Don't be down in the dumps that you didn't win the competition, after all part of it is learning how to lose gracefully, isn't it? I am glad you feel better. I do too. Thanks for sharing. Now put on your big girl panties and go shopping. You need a really wonderful dress to go with that tiara!

Pythos
08-11-2011, 09:31 AM
My view on beauty pageants is they are outdated, foster some pretty sexist attitudes, and for the most part objectify women.

In short, they should go the way of the Dodo, in their curent incarnation.

“Today’s Girl” and “Tomorrow’s Leaders.”
Who are they kidding? Tomorrow's leaders? Well if the winner is extremely rich, then yes most probably, but it won't be because they won some pageant.

eluuzion
08-11-2011, 09:59 AM
I've always found it interesting that beauty pageants always have 20+ contestants...and we only have 2 when we pick a president...hehehehe. I guess we have our priorities in the right place, eh?

Earth...what a country...lol

Hey, tell us earlier next year...so we can pad the ballot boxes with absentee votes. There are like 30,000 of us here. I think that would send a message, now wouldn't it...hehehe

E

Violetgray
08-11-2011, 10:08 AM
Frederique, I'm just curious, have you ever considered writing articles, perhaps for an online trans zine or something? You seem thoughtful and eloquent, I just find it really hard to get through posts of this size.

TGMarla
08-11-2011, 10:24 AM
Clearly ripped off, I'd say, my dear Freddy. I have Italian relatives if you'd like me to arrange to have her kneecaps broken. After all, who the heck does she think she is?

Doesn’t my wardrobe of delicious dresses approach the magnificence of TGMarla’s?

And I appreciate the honorable mention. I like that word..."magnificence"! I might just have to go put on a dress for a while! :battingeyelashes:

Jorja
08-11-2011, 10:43 AM
Appalling that is what it is! Pure unadulterated ignorance! How dare the pass over Ms Freddy! :D

If this does not describe Transsexuals to a T, I don't know what does:

The pageant program is based on inner beauty, as well as poise, presentation, and offers an “All American Spirit” ( or replace with your country) of fun for family and friends. Emphasis is placed on the importance of gaining self-confidence, learning new skills, learning good attitudes about competition, and setting and achieving personal goals. The pageant seeks to recognize the accomplishments of each girl while encouraging her to set goals for the future!”

Debra Russell
08-11-2011, 10:50 AM
Here in Portland they let guys participate in the Rosarian court or as Queen/King of the Rose Festival -- dosen't say how they present themselves though :battingeyelashes: - previously reserved only for girls..........Debra

carhill2mn
08-11-2011, 12:54 PM
It is good to see that your sense of humor is back. Do be careful that you do not bit down too hard as you might hurt the tongue that is firmly in your cheek!

Cynthia Anne
08-11-2011, 01:05 PM
I love a good sense of humor! You have my vote for Miss Universe! Forget Kansas! You're worth more than that! Hugs!:):D

Kathy Smith
08-11-2011, 01:07 PM
Oh Freddy! What a wonderful read, as usual. Keep up the good work girl!

StephanieC
08-11-2011, 07:02 PM
Awww...would it help if we said We love you?

Frédérique
08-12-2011, 04:08 PM
Were you being facetious?

Moi? Not really. I think this was an appropriate occasion for humor, especially after the “darkness” of the past week. I like the dark, in fact the closet is inherently dark, but let’s not start that again – better to dispel the dark clouds, clear the air, and reboot the girl…
:battingeyelashes:

It is good to see that your sense of humor is back.

Were you worried? I don’t get serious unless the “discussion” calls for it, but, even then, I like to fold in a little humor now and then, if only to put other members at ease. Am I giving myself away too much? I really don’t take things too seriously, although perhaps I should at times (not here, but in real life). I wish I could think of a decent punch line for this post!
:doh:

You have my vote for Miss Universe! Forget Kansas! You're worth more than that!

Thanks! Try as I might, it would be hard to forget Kansas, since it surrounds me, both mentally and physically, but Miss Universe Princess would be a good title...:)

Diana Bain
08-12-2011, 04:26 PM
I'd click my ruby red slippers and end up in....................never mind. Thanks for the humor