PDA

View Full Version : The TG spectrum- My (ongoing) story

Adriennegrl
08-11-2011, 02:55 PM
Hi girls, I usually stick to the MTF section but wanted to drop by here and introduce myself. I know there are oodles of threads about 'what am I', etc. and that the answer has to come w/in. I did find a counselor and will hopefully start toward the end of the month/beginning of next. She is highly qualified w/ transgender issues and lives somewhat close by me. Her rates are reasonable and I'm hopeful she can help me sort it out :)

I started like some, CD'ing in early childhood. It went deeper than that, although I always managed to shut it out, or so I thought... It never leaves does it? I was super femme as a child/teen (even now); looked and walked like a girl and was subconscious around the guys. I envied girls/women around me and wanted to be them. I never felt like I fit in the male world and still don't. To this day I've never been married and have no children. I can't seem to date a woman more than a couple months.

I managed to hold it to sporadic cross dressing throughout my teens and into college. I was trying to play the male game and doing poorly at it.

Now in my mid 30's it has come back in spades. I'm still CD'ing but feel like I need to address the deeper issues and find out where I fit in the TG spectrum.

Bring on that counselor!

ReneeT
08-11-2011, 05:09 PM
Adrienne,

Thanks for sharing. I think that time spent with a qualified counselor will be well worth the expense. I personally found it extremely helpful in consolidating my feelings and identity. While i havent seen my counselor in about 6 mos, i am thinking about going back for "a touch up". Good luck!

Adriennegrl
08-11-2011, 06:33 PM
Adrienne,

Thanks for sharing. I think that time spent with a qualified counselor will be well worth the expense. I personally found it extremely helpful in consolidating my feelings and identity. While i havent seen my counselor in about 6 mos, i am thinking about going back for "a touch up". Good luck!

Thanks Renee! I like that she is qualified, close and reasonable too. She does have a waiting list for a couple weeks but I'm on it. I'm excited to finally be addressing this. It's been way too long.

Ingrid1999
08-11-2011, 07:29 PM
Congratulations on starting your journey.
I wish you all the best.

Kaitlyn Michele
08-11-2011, 10:08 PM
sounds like you are off to a good start!!

i hope you can figure things out for yourself. there is lots of info around here to help you..

Adriennegrl
08-11-2011, 10:58 PM
Thanks, it feels great to be around you ladies, so much support and you've been there :)

Maiko Newhalf
08-26-2011, 04:57 PM
Adrienne, I'm in process of wondering about the same, although my case is slightly more complicated with family issues. I'll be seeing a therapist too.

Adriennegrl
08-28-2011, 10:45 PM
Adrienne, I'm in process of wondering about the same, although my case is slightly more complicated with family issues. I'll be seeing a therapist too.

Hi Rose, nice to meet you. I'm glad to hear you're seeing a therapist, I'll be seeing mine in the very near future. All of our issues are so unique to our own circumstances and I wish you the best. I would love to hear updates; feel free to PM them or post here.

There's more to my story as well and an interesting chapter happened this weekend. My second statement in my OP sums it up '...that the answer has to come w/in'.

Lets just say that years of shutting out and avoiding the issue slapped me in the face. It was a time of immense joy and sadness at the same time. I need to talk w/ my counselor more than ever now, but it's good to know that I know. Now it's a matter of kick starting the journey. I know it will have bumps and difficult decisions along the way, but it's all becoming perfectly clear as to what I should've done years ago. There's never a better time than the present, or so I hear ;)

Hope
08-29-2011, 04:49 AM
Welcome to the sorority.

Your story sounds like mine, and many many others.