PDA

View Full Version : So, dressing DOESN'T turn u on! And, u dress because----?

docrobbysherry
08-11-2011, 11:28 PM
Ok! DON'T get excited! I know many of u dress to represent the gender u feel u actually r, or should have been!

So, sliding your hand over your sheer nylon covered legs does NOTHING at all for u!?:straightface:

And, that belt, girdle, or corset squeezing in at your waist is simply a HO HUM feeling for u!?:idontknow:

Those hi-heels that change your posture and cause that mincing sort of walk, nothing titillating there, rite!?:thinking:

Your weighty breast forms wiggle as u walk. Those, and your hip/butt pads give u a FEM SHAPE under your outfits. Men find it stimulating! But to u, it's nothing more that your every day look!

Finally, u finish with EVERYTHING and look at that stunning babe in your mirror. But, no eye popping, jaw dropping, or racing pulse for u! U only feel relaxed and content!:)

I got worked up just typing this! :o But, u feel NO EXCITEMENT when u dress? REALLY!?:brolleyes:

Mrs Roads
08-11-2011, 11:48 PM
CD is 100% a very sexual and erotic experience for me, so I 100% understand what you're saying :battingeyelashes:

Ashley Allison
08-11-2011, 11:50 PM
Sherry, I think you stumbled upon a dirty unspoken secret. =X

Melody Moore
08-11-2011, 11:57 PM
Nope, as a transsexual female, presenting as a female is just expressing myself as my true self.

Most women feel sexy when they are dressed up nicely & ready to go out,
but that doesn't equate into a quick masturbation session before going out.

While high heels look nice they are terrible to walk in even if you can handle walking in them
OK - after awhile you feet hurt, so nope there is nothing titillating about any of that. It could
be different for a cross-dresser who puts them on for a short time to pose for a few pictures
then to take care of other' business. ;) but heels don't do it for me like you might expect. I am
a practical girl, so I rather wear a nice pair of flat soled shoes or just a small heel for comfort.

The bottom line is there is usually no transvestic fetishism involved if you are transsexual.

Schatten Lupus
08-12-2011, 12:02 AM
No. Would you ask a natal-woman who dresses in such a manner if it turns her on? The desire to look and feel sexy does not always equate to sexual arousal. Actually even for many cross dressers they do not get aroused by themselves. Many even draw a line of distinction between cross dressers, being someone who does not dress for sexual arousal, and a transvestite, being some who does dress for sexual arousal.

Ria
08-12-2011, 12:05 AM
oh yeah, it's a huge turn on... I love it.

AnnaCalliope
08-12-2011, 12:19 AM
When I first started CDing around around ten and into my teens, I would get turned on by dressing up or often times, just thinking about dressing up. However, once I realized I truly should have been born female and started the path to transition, all those feelings came to a halt.

whowhatwhen
08-12-2011, 12:19 AM
I wish it didn't, sometimes it really gets annoying.

lynn_lynn
08-12-2011, 12:21 AM
it dont matter what clothing I have on, Im sexual. more so sexual that all the clothing has to come off anyways, it gets to hot.

heels they stay on..:o

Princess Chantal
08-12-2011, 12:59 AM
"So, sliding your hand over your sheer nylon covered legs does NOTHING at all for u!:straightface:"
Hmmm maybe that is the reason why nylons are retired once it becomes a gender thing

"And, that belt, girdle, or corset squeezing in at your waist is simply a HO HUM feeling for u!?"
even more items that seem to disappear out of the wardrobe

"Those hi-heels that change your posture and cause that mincing sort of walk, nothing titillating there, rite!?"
The titillation could possibly be the unspoken discomforts of wearing heels

Therefore

Out of sight, out of mind

Perhaps it's the progression in body modification/transformation and lifestyle that replaces the clothing for the cause of excitement. But of course the excitement is out grown with time

Loni
08-12-2011, 04:32 AM
i guess you can say i get excited, but not in a sexual way.

more like just the excitement of being me out for a day. but as for heels. low ones (2in or less) do make my feet hurt less then flats. (back and/or foot problems).

yes i do love how some items feel, just so silky smooth, but only in how they feel, i leave the "other" things for those that only have a interest there. for me it is putting on a nice outfit, and enjoy some time away from home, aka shopping, lunch, etc.

Joanna41
08-12-2011, 05:57 AM
My 2 cents for this thread is this...

After reading some others posts I would say that at some point we all are turned on by dressing to our own definition of a hot sexy cute pie. For those that go deeper and start a transition process the turn on turns into a new way of life and therefore the overall turn on slips away and is replaced by being comfortable in ones own skin. Not saying the turn on is forever gone, when you have a night out or a special occasion you dress for it and pending what you pick out to wear can be a turn on because you feel good about yourself and what you have chosen to wear. For me being just a CD...I strive for that perfect look, that hot sexy look to share with my fiance. So its a big turn on for me to wear all those things that help me achieve that goal. I have no desire to transition but I love playing the part! To answer the last part of the post...I dress to see how hot I can look and I dress for my fiance so we have girl playtime together...

Joanna

AliceJaneInNewcastle
08-12-2011, 06:57 AM
When I first started crossdressing, I was about 5. Back then, I didn't know what sex was but I knew that I enjoyed it. Through puberty, it was a turn on.

Then, as I grew up, I grew out of the sexual stimulation. I began dressing to present myself as female, including hair and makeup rather than just wearing clothes. Even while I was still closeted, I found that it gradually changed from sexually stimulating to intellectually stimulating.

Now, I go out frequently and the most enjoyable thing is behaving and being treated as a woman. My most enjoyable outings are those with a group of GG friends who know who I am but treat me as the woman I present myself as.

My underwear is chosen to contribute to my gender illusion. I use plain bras that are cut full enough to cover my breast forms but low enough cut to show cleavage that draws attention away from my face. I wear a gaf, padding and a body shaper to create a realistic illusion of a female shape. Over that, I'll wear whatever I want to wear to present the image of the woman that I want people to see me as, which often includes pantihose or tights, a dress or skirt and, at night, stiletto heels of 4" or more. All of my clothes and shoes are mainstream women's garments.

I don't consider myself to be transsexual, as I have no desire to transition and I do not find my genitals repulsive. I used to just consider myself a crossdresser, but to clarify the distinction from those who do it for sexual enjoyment, I now prefer the more descriptive terms "social crossdresser" or "femulator". In some ways, I suppose "part time non-op transsexual" would be a more accurate description of how I behave but not of who I am.

celeste26
08-12-2011, 07:18 AM
Sexual stimulation is a "brain thing" anyway so it doesn't really take all of that dressing to be aroused just the thought of it is enough. That is until all the T blockers kick in and stop it.

Tina B.
08-12-2011, 07:29 AM
At my age nothing is that much of a turn on! Yes back in my teens and early twenties it became a turn on, but I out grew that, and dress for the pleasure of the feelings of femininity it gives me, but nothing sexual about it anymore. Funny, now I dress more than I ever did when it was a lot more sexual.
Tina B.

Melody Moore
08-12-2011, 07:34 AM
After reading some others posts I would say that at some point we all are turned on by dressing to our own definition of a hot sexy cute pie.
You would be wrong in your assumption there because many transsexuals never had any arousal through 'cross-dressing'. I
started dressing up as a female at a very young age & long before I knew anything about sex, so there was never anything
sexual about it - this is about who I truly am. I use to dress up purely to see the girl I truly was in the mirror & it was an
image that was left permanently burnt into my memory that I will never forget. So my motivation for dressing & transitioning
has nothing to do with sexuality at all - it was purely because my body did not match my true gender identity, nothing more.

In my experience in the transgender community, it is only the male to female
cross-dressers with a sexual fetish (transvetic fetishism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transvestic_fetishism)) that make this type
of incorrect assumption about other members of the transgender community.

PretzelGirl
08-12-2011, 07:35 AM
It is so I can meet wonderful people like you. Oh, no buttering up? Okay..... :sad:

I think there is a lot that goes into it for me. The feel, self expression, relaxation (which is really a side effect of self expression), and I can't deny an indirect sexual component to it. But it is more that you can't always control the timing when you have feelings so if I happen to be dressed, then so be it, it becomes part of it. But it isn't directly because of the dressing as I am not dressing to get turned on. It is more of I just happen to be dressed.

Cynthia Anne
08-12-2011, 07:50 AM
I agree with others that perhaps preteen and early teens it was a turn on! Now it's just life to me!

Melody Moore
08-12-2011, 08:00 AM
I can't deny an indirect sexual component to it.
My belief is that the sexual component you refer to goes with the territory with being a human.

Just because I don't get turned on by dressing that does not mean that I don't get turned
on at all. I get turned on like anyone else does with the right type of stimulation, ie: the
company I am with, meaning that the conversation & intellectual stimulation will play a huge
part in that along with how good that person makes me feel. But clothes are clothes to me
and wearing them is only a reflection of who I am inside. Others perceive me as a female &
that suits me fine because before I felt like a real lesbian trapped in a male body & my partners
never took me seriously when I did tell them this - but I bet now they do :heehee: but the main point
is I am going to get more turned on & sexually aroused if my partner accepts me for who I really
am & respects me acordingly.

AndreaCD1963
08-12-2011, 08:01 AM
Dressing has never been sexual for me. It's being myself, who I want to be. Dressing has certainly led to some fun intimate times, but the turn-on was my partners at the time, not mine.

Inna
08-12-2011, 08:30 AM
I guess am one of those intersex travelers who experienced sexual arousal due to visual stimuli of feminine presentation after his sexuality had surfaced in teen years and then followed through manhood to loose it when the final chapter of transition had arrived and hormones were introduced to strip the poisonous testosterone from his psyche confirming she was the woman she so doubted was true and real because of his sexual cravings before.

I have observed the testosterone effect tying almost everything and every action to sexual physicality where woman would be a emotional and sensual about the same.

Now after introduction of HRT I could truly put on a hyper feminine garter belt but this time it would be to entice someone else rather then self, or it would be very pretty part of functional set to keep my stockings up nothing else nothing more. To tell you the truth from a Chic hi fashion gal I have become comfortable jeans/shorts/Ts/flats gal.

whowhatwhen
08-12-2011, 09:59 AM
How long does it take for it to go away on it's own?
It's like that annoying MS Office paperclip thingy always coming up when I'm not interested.

"It looks like you're looking at clothes... Would you---" *SPROING*

Pythos
08-12-2011, 10:03 AM
One of the reasons I dress is because the clothing is so sensual. Jeans, slacks, and other "male" garments have NO sensuality to me. When I am sitting and rest my hand on my leg I feel just my hand on my leg. When I am skirted with hose the feeling is very very different.

Just the mere act of putting on some of these items is an explosion in sensuality. Our legs are the biggest area of skin on our bodies, and the feel of hose from toes to waist is for me magical. Then there is the slight brush of the hem of a skirt. These sensations are completely lacking with "male" pants.

Leggings are a close second when it comes to sensual effect.

Do I get turned on by this? To an extent. But what has more of an effect is the thought of a beautiful GG looking on me with ravenous eyes ready to pounce. LOL (ok exaggeration, but you get my drift). I do feel sexi. In that black shiny short dress I feel very sexi and I think attractive to both males and females. This is fine, just as long as the males know their limits. :)

The bras do little for me, I am definitely a leg man. For both myself, and women.

Now, the corset.....Oh I love my corset, lol. But it also feels heavenly to take it off after a long night at the club.

There are times when a certain organ does come to attention, and frankly I find that to be annoying sometimes,

kimdl93
08-12-2011, 10:10 AM
[SIZE="3"] So, sliding your hand over your sheer nylon covered legs does ...., that belt, girdle, or corset squeezing in at your waist .....Those hi-heels your weighty breast forms :

Well, sure when you put it like that...it all sounds pretty exciting.

And honestly, as so many others have said, dressing was an intensely erotic experience in my youth...and still can be today when my wife and I play around with it. But now its situational. I'm certainly more conscious of the feel of materials, the sensations of being dressed than a GG would be...even after all these years, but its not a sexual awareness. Its more the realization, as best I can, of a state of being I've longed for all my life.

sissystephanie
08-12-2011, 10:12 AM
I dress because I like the fit, feel, and look of feminine clothing!! There is no sexual turn-on, or any other feeling. I just do it because I like to!! Not for any sensual feeling!! Guess maybe I am a weird crossdresser!! Maybe it is my old age!!

Marie-Elise
08-12-2011, 10:21 AM
Well, I guess I'll chime in here. Dressing as a woman always has the sexual undertone for me. In fact, I am beginning to think that my feminine side is a very sexual lesbian. Mind you, I didn't say "****ty"; just very into sex with women.

I like having my man bits; they feel great and get the job done. I don't feel that I was a woman born into a man's body and I don't feel the need to dress daily. I am not a candidate for transition by any stretch of the imagination.

In brief, it is always sexual with me. I might do things like cuddle with my wife but I do that in male mode as well. And I think sex is better with someone you love. I have been in plenty of situations where I declined sex because I didn't feel like the person offering was someone I could be close to over time. Yes, I am weird that way.

But, when I put on some stockings, heels, garter belt, bra, mini skirt and revealing top, well, let's just say that my feminine side has less a need to be in love with the woman she would be playing with. Since I never go out of the house en femme, my wife has no need to worry about my feminine side fooling around with some other woman.

Pythos
08-12-2011, 10:57 AM
And I think sex is better with someone you love

I so wish more and more people would realize this. Perhaps this would lead to less "accidents" populating the world. (and yes I realize I may be including myself in that list of people not being born)

Sally24
08-12-2011, 11:09 AM
I have to say that it is not sexual for me and I never have a "problem" while I am dressed. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy the sensual nature of the fine clothing and lingere that I wear in female mode. And yes, wearing, walking and seeing high heels on my feet make me FEEL sexy, but that doesn't end up equaling to sexual arousal. A counseler once told my wife that one of the signs that a CD is TS is that their dressing is not sexual exciting to them.

Now dressing is exciting for me in a different way. It makes me feel pretty....desirable....graceful....and a whole host of hard to describe emotions. And that HIGH is very addictive!

NicoleScott
08-12-2011, 11:11 AM
Doc, I've never thought that we were all somewhere along one scale of...let's just call it... femininity. That may be one, but I think there are others, such as what degree clothes excite (or not). I believe, as I've posted before, that pleasure dressers and identity dressers are fundamentally different, not just on a different place on one scale. Many of us, and to varying extents, are sexually aroued by crossdressing, and by certain specific aspects of it.
It's not surprising that many cd's say that when they started crossdressing, it was sexually exciting, but over time the sexual aspect waned while the femme identity intensified and dressing became one way that femme identity was expressed. Many people believe that the drive to dress may have been misidentified because of all the changes that happen during the teen years.
Then there are those whose brain gender doesn't match their sex. I don't know what that's like. I've not lived it, only know what I have read, including here.
But I wonder why those who identify as themselves as transsexual females (and say they no longer crossdress - only dress to represent their true identity) continue to hang out here on the crossdressers forum. I know that transsexuals are welcome here, I just wonder why they want to be here.
I want to think that a MtF crossdressers forum is a place to discuss who, what, where, why, when, and how men wear women's clothes. Because it's sexually exciting is one good "why". This isn't a sex site where all the details are displayed, but it should be OK to say that I dress for excitement without being sent to the back of the bus. It seems that this site is being taken over by the "transgendered", and not the umbrella term but those who have a feminine identity, as the legitimate members, pleasure dressers being the deviant underclass. I could argue that those who identify as males but just like to crossdress ARE the REAL crossdressers. The forum has become a place where it's OK to discuss gay issues, but not OK to say you're straight, or worse "not gay". Crossdressers are encouraged to get out of the closet and out in public, as long as your presentation is acceptable. And, of course, "I don't for sexual reasons - I have evolved beyond that".
For those of you who don't get excited by crossdressing, it isn't always or just about quick masturbation sessions. But how would you know?

Cheryl T
08-12-2011, 11:26 AM
Sorry, but I guess I'm in the minority.
It's no longer a sexual thing for me. I agree that it was at first, especially at puberty, but it is no longer that. It's more an emotional impact.
Yes, I love the feeling of nylons, the tug of them on my garter straps (the few times that I actually wear a garter belt), the weight of my breasts swaying as I walk and all the other things that go along with it. But, it is no longer sexual.
I think my responses are the same as any woman. When a woman dresses for a night out and dons something particularly feminine and pretty she feels it, but it's not a sexual thing. Enjoying the things that are distinctly feminine because of how they make me feel is different from a sexual turn on.

Ok, maybe I'm the odd one here...but that's how I feel.

LilSissyStevie
08-12-2011, 11:35 AM
I'm turned on by taking the feminine role in sex play. Getting dressed doesn't turn me on, getting turned on often makes me want to dress. But, the clothing is only symbolic. It's neither necessary nor sufficient for arousal. There was a time when I could be the "man" sexually, but it always felt awkward and unnatural for me. As I've grown older, it's become much more difficult to psych myself into doing my "manly" duty even though my libido has only declined moderately over time. Outside the bedroom, I have no real feelings about being male or female since there isn't much I can do as a female that I couldn't do as a male and vice versa. I'm already a bit faggy as a dude, I don't really need the clothes to make me feel feminine. They are just one way to express it.
:love:

Stephanie47
08-12-2011, 11:39 AM
Once upon a time many eons ago I was a horny teenager. Then being en femme was a sexual turn on which lead to masturbation. As a mature woman being en femme has become natural. I select the day's outfit the same way I would select my en homme outfit. Whatever pleases me for the day. Once dressed I go about my day without even thinking about my attire. I love the feel of nylons and full slips on my body. Being attractively dressed no longer leads to sexual stimulation.

Steveo
08-12-2011, 11:42 AM
hello, ive been dressing for 25 years, and to begin with found the hole expereance very exiting,i think more from the forbidden point of view, very intoxicating but as the year's pass i have found it is just the relaxation i get from dressing, it does seem normal to dress this way, and to tell you the truth if i had to return to all male clothes it would have a detremental effect on me. but i do get exited at the prospect of new things coming through the post it seems to be the newness that triggers my exitement, there are a few things that i have that still do that thing to me when i find it amongst all the other mundain things i have, i soppose thats why we shop so much to keep that feeling alive in us. steve.

ReineD
08-12-2011, 11:50 AM
Now dressing is exciting for me in a different way. It makes me feel pretty....desirable....graceful....and a whole host of hard to describe emotions. And that HIGH is very addictive!

Sally, I'm so glad you've posted this. It is a sentiment that is expressed here a lot and I'm sure most every CD can relate to it. I've been trying to find a word that describes it. It is not an outright sexual fetish as in having a fetish over particular items of clothing, or even over the idea of being a woman as in the case of autogynephilia.

But, it is still as you say, a "high" that women and TSs simply don't experience even when they dress up to go to nightclubs. I hate to use the word "fetish" since it does have negative connotations because it is associated with sex, and as you say the dressing is not sexual for you and many others. There are several other, non-sexual dictionary definitions for fetish and one of them might be considered.

Using the words "addiction" or "compulsion" won't do, since they imply there is no feminine gender ID that needs expression, although the brain chemicals that are released when you and others feel like this are the same as the chemicals released when an addict or compulsive engage in their substance or behavior of choice.

What word could be used to accurately describe this intense attraction, or high, that so many CDs experience? If it is not a sexual excitement that leads to orgasm, then what type of excitement is it?

I think this is very much in line with Doc's question.

In some ways, I suppose "part time non-op transsexual" would be a more accurate description of how I behave but not of who I am.

Tangentially from this discussion and also just as a suggestion, you might want to consider the term "bigender" (someone whose gender alternates between male and female), or "dualgender" (someone who is always a mixture of both genders, although one or the other may be more at the forefront on any given day).

Andi.Devine
08-12-2011, 11:50 AM
When I originally started cross dressing way back in the day, i was really young and I enjoyed the feeling of wearing the lingerie and the feeling of arousal that came with it. Over time I have grown such that getting dressed in something I like to see myself wearing is not for a quick gratification session. I wear it all night while I am sleeping or during the day when I am home by myself and it just makes me feel great all over and inside. I like the way the material feels, the way it is cut and fits and the way my body looks while wearing it. I haven't yet felt the need to get dressed in something that I can wear out in the world, although I am not saying I won't ever do so. Not sure what that makes me, but I like it..

Lynn Marie
08-12-2011, 01:54 PM
I'm with Sherry here. I dress for the exotic and erotic nature of the lingerie, stockings, heels, and outerwear. I never underdress or dress without my makeup and hair. It's the whole package that I consider exciting and arousing. I try to keep the heat down with a fairly conservative, fitted, approach to my attire. I don't dress for comfort or to feel good in my own skin. I've got plenty of attractive men's wear for that!

Laurie A
08-12-2011, 01:54 PM
Sally, I'm so glad you've posted this. It is a sentiment that is expressed here a lot and I'm sure most every CD can relate to it. I've been trying to find a word that describes it. It is not an outright sexual fetish as in having a fetish over particular items of clothing, or even over the idea of being a woman as in the case of autogynephilia.

But, it is still as you say, a "high" that women and TSs simply don't experience even when they dress up to go to nightclubs. I hate to use the word "fetish" since it does have negative connotations because it is associated with sex, and as you say the dressing is not sexual for you and many others. There are several other, non-sexual dictionary definitions for fetish and one of them might be considered.

Using the words "addiction" or "compulsion" won't do, since they imply there is no feminine gender ID that needs expression, although the brain chemicals that are released when you and others feel like this are the same as the chemicals released when an addict or compulsive engage in their substance or behavior of choice

What word could be used to accurately describe this intense attraction, or high, that so many CDs experience? If it is not a sexual excitement that leads to orgasm, then what type of excitement is it?

I think this is very much in line with Doc's question.

I was trying to think of a word and nothing seemed to work. Obsession may fit (except that there are negative connotations) so maybe we can make up one ie: fempulsion or fempossession

To answer Doc's question, I dress pretty much strictly for the thrill. Its all about the sensous touch and feel of some women's clothing. Sometimes, I feel ashamed to admit it, even on this board!

pernille d
08-12-2011, 01:59 PM
I started dressing before I knew about sex , so what does that mean as i must admit as I got older my dressing was just in lingeri and it did get associated with a sexual aspect . I don't want to transition but as I got older I have progressed to full on dressing. I just like the clothong and yes it does feel nice to put on some lingeri , pull on some nylons and top it off with a nice dress. But the sexual aspect is there sometimes as we all like to be naughty some times. But for me now it's more of a well being feeling and knowing I look good. ( it's also quite funny as I often dress on the drive to work and change before I arrive, when I take my nylons off I get the feeling of being naked and not dressed )

Nikki A.
08-12-2011, 02:18 PM
At some point there was and still is a sexual gratification. However the more I dress the less of a sexual thing it becomes. At home I'm just happy in a skirt and top. When I'm out I wear the shapewear, not to arouse myself or others but to look more presentable and so that the clothes fit better and not look like a man in a dress. I think that it is easier to be accepted when you fully present as female than be in between, whether you pass or not. This is not a knock on those who do dress in an in between state, for me I am not comfortable with it. To each his/her own.

susan54
08-12-2011, 02:20 PM
I don't know why others are so keen to insist that it must be a turn-on for everyone whop cross-dresses. Each to their own. I admit it is obsessive, I admit I feel great when it looks right, but there is no change in the outline of a clingy skirt - that requires input from a real woman (yep, I don't do porn either). I don't want to be a woman and I don't even imagine I am a woman when I go out dressed as one - I am ACTING, and lots of people get a buzz out of acting. Is THAT sexual? Is the obsession lots of women have with clothes and shoes sexual? No. So give those of us who just enjoy the adrenalin rush a break. Sensual is not the same as sexual. Lots of women's clothes feel nice whether you are dressed in them or a woman is, but the woman is needed for the turn on (and she doesn't NEED to be dressed in women's clothes for me to feel like this - or any clothes). You can find heels that are comfortable (try leather - it makes a huge difference) and even bra can be comfortable if you get the right one. If the clothes are uncomfortable you are wearing the wrong clothes.

lynn_lynn
08-12-2011, 02:31 PM
if I compared Crossdressing to something like cannabis. It would be a really close comparison.. One the euphoria is harmless, feel better about myself, sparks my imagination, it does not get me ornery unless I want it to. Sure when I was younger. But I also didnt dress as much in the beginning. I look in the mirror and its colorful. Im more outgoing and calmer, it lessens my pain.. and morally Im not hurting anyone.. :o and I can grow both in a closet.. lol :battingeyelashes:

Barbara Jo
08-12-2011, 02:43 PM
Let's get this into perspective here.
There are many GGs who also enjoy ocasionally dressing as described (some more than others) for mostly all the same reasons.
It makes them feel more feminine and yes, sexy.

So, don't beat yourselves up too much over this.:)

GingerLeigh
08-12-2011, 02:46 PM
Turn on? Uhh....OK yeah sure. I've always loved the feel of silky nylons on my legs, the jingle of the earrings on my ear lobes, the gentle swish of the skirt across my legs... But I've been doing this since I was 5 and I knew nothing of sex then. The whole sexual turn on thing was incorporated in my teenage years when my attention went to looking for anything pretty. This never really left I guess.

There is a part of me that simply NEEDS to express my hidden femininity and cares not about the arousal. That is what drives me to crossdress in the first place. This may be the part that gets all disgusted with the other part of me afterwards... Another, much larger part of me (my brain people! Jeeze!) is all guy and it reacts the same way I would if I'm, you know... interested. Well what else is there to do? I don't go anywhere or see anyone! I can't just sit and look pretty while "he" impatiently demands attention.

Oh who am I kidding.. I have absolutely no idea why I do this and I never will.

Nicole Erin
08-12-2011, 02:54 PM
A lot of CD's and even TS who say nothing about it is sensual are just trying to "clean it up" for the GG's and to look wholesome. There is this theory among some TG that GG's have no turn-ons related to wearing anything.

God forbid you call yourself a TS and have some kind of turn-on relating to wearing something femme, that is the very definition of "not a true TS". Which is why some of the younger ones run around looking like an 80's hooker in a rock video.
At least CDs are quicker to admit there is an element of arousal.

I can imagine some older people may honestly not get aroused by near anything cause sex drive does diminish as you age but most of us are not older.

I did an extensive research about the age which masturbation stops for someone. Yes, I asked my dad if there was an age. He said, "If there is such an age, it isn't 70".

Lorileah
08-12-2011, 03:03 PM
since 75% of my daily wardrobe is from the womens department, getting turned on would make for a long and embarrassing day.

I won't say there has never been a sexual component (for 12-18 years of age) and I won't say I don't feel sexy in some outfits (doesn't everybody??? C'mon those ragged sweats and the tighty whities with the big hole in the butt...doesn't that make you feel sooooo sexy?), but that isn't the reason I wear them. I am closer to Stephanie in that I just like how they look and fit.

This whole thing may be a red herring. concept of dressing to feel attractive and to even feel some sort of sexual excitement isn't an unusual idea. Ask the GG's and they will tell you how an outfit did it for them at sometime or another. DRS I know you are a fetishist but I am still surprised how many others have come clean in the last week :)

I can't wait for the threads next week that say "I only wear the clothes because I like them!" We are such a fickle lot

NathalieX66
08-12-2011, 03:04 PM
I have my fetishes. Yeah, they are exciting beyond belief to whatever my creative imagination comes up with. .......Male libido & male brain wiring + imagination = you get what you get.

However, my femme side is the other half of me, and I want no fetish or sexual feeling involved. I just want to enjoy the limitless freedom of self expression women have, because they do it.
In that respect, I have to deal with being born with the wrong chromosomes. If I was born female, I'd be perfectly happy.

Dawn cd
08-12-2011, 03:10 PM
For me, dressing isn't primarily erotic---altho I do get a little charge from it---and neither is it an identity statement as it is for Melody and some others. I love dressing because it brings me comfort, emotionally and physically. Women's clothing (once you get past foundation garments and heels) is soft and flowing, not as heavy as men's. Being dressed in a nice top and capri pants provides stress relief: I no longer have to be a Type A male. It doesn't take a wig and makeup and the full regalia to achieve this state. Just give me something pretty and soft and loose, and I'm in heaven.

Sally24
08-12-2011, 03:37 PM
A lot of CD's and even TS who say nothing about it is sensual are just trying to "clean it up" for the GG's and to look wholesome.

The oldest trick in the book of debating is to insinuate that those that disagree with you are lying! Being anonymous here, there is not much reason to lie to the GGs or anyone else. You might be surprised to find that not everyone on this forum feels the same way about things.:eek:

Stephenie S
08-12-2011, 03:48 PM
I think that it's important to remember that there is a difference between SENSUAL and SEXUAL.

A lot of women's clothing has a sensual aspect (smooth, light, soft, silky) that seems to be lacking in most men's clothing. I haven't worn high heels in over 30 years, but I still remember the FUN of stepping up into a pair of heels. When was the last time you felt that putting on your guy shoes was a fun experience? But when you have to get dressed every day, clothing, both men's and women's, becomes pretty much just that. Clothing.

Stephie

Frédérique
08-12-2011, 03:59 PM
So, dressing DOESN'T turn u on! And, u dress because----? Ok! DON'T get excited! I know many of u dress to represent the gender u feel u actually r, or should have been!

What inspired this thread, my dear? Did someone declare that dressing up ISN’T a turn-on? All statements to the contrary seem to emanate from outside our realm of the senses – it may help if the respondents consult a road map before posting in this section, since the males are playing with themselves in rather imaginative ways. Curiouser and curiouser…
:eek:

Of course dressing up turns me on, but not in the way that YOU think. When I cover my male form with appropriate female garments, all fetishistic, sensual, and tactile to a fault, a funny thing happens. Rather than my male “self” getting turned ON, he is effectively turned OFF, and I am free to enjoy my true “self.” If this was not the case, how could I dress all day long, be cool and calm, and appreciate the difference? Crossdressing as a kind of circuit-breaker – what a concept!
:battingeyelashes:

LilSissyStevie
08-12-2011, 05:31 PM
A lot of CD's and even TS who say nothing about it is sensual are just trying to "clean it up" for the GG's and to look wholesome. There is this theory among some TG that GG's have no turn-ons related to wearing anything.

It has actually been studied (http://home.netcom.com/~docx2/AGF.htm). It turns out that women can experience autogynephilia, too.

mercterr
08-12-2011, 05:44 PM
Yep, It's a turn on. It gets the juices flowing, the adrenaline going and releases the endorphins. It feels good and makes me happier. The "turned on" effect is less so than my teen years but back then a swift breeze could turn me on.

Maria 60
08-12-2011, 05:44 PM
Something about pantyhose, what a feeling. When i put them on it's a amazing feeling, but once on only when my legs rub together, WOW! Last week my wife was cleaning out some of her drawers and she pointed at the bra drawer and told me if i wanted any of them as she was going to get some new one's. Well she didn't finish the sentence and looked down and said i guess your pretty happy to get some. i didn't even open the drawer or even try one on and Mr happy was up for the game. She said i can't believe how excited you get when it's got to do with Maria.

Schatten Lupus
08-12-2011, 07:36 PM
The oldest trick in the book of debating is to insinuate that those that disagree with you are lying! Being anonymous here, there is not much reason to lie to the GGs or anyone else. You might be surprised to find that not everyone on this forum feels the same way about things.
Exactly! In almost any situation, you will have people who insist those who don't agree are just lying. But individual preference and experience will always vary. As many said, they started dressing before their bodies knew sexual urges and desires. It's almost a consensus that those who dressed during their teens were aroused, but to a teenaged boy what isn't a turn on? But as adults, some people dress for the sexual arousal, some dress to look and feel sexy, and some dress just to dress. There are also many instances in which the way women dress just is not sexual. A casual trip to the mall wearing jeans and a t-shirt is one such instance, or dressing for the office in a blouse and skirt.
I'll admit the sexy thing is fun. I've been learning to belly dance, which is fun moving in graceful and feminine ways. I've also tried the Flirty Girl videos, which are so much fun it's hard to think of them as exercise videos. But I don't get aroused by doing what would would arose most men (if a thinner and more attractive woman were doing it). But to feel sexy is a high of it's own.

Nicole Erin
08-12-2011, 07:41 PM
si (doesn't everybody??? C'mon those ragged sweats and the tighty whities with the big hole in the butt...doesn't that make you feel sooooo sexy?

Yes and I like to wear a flannel shirt and steel toe boots while watching Lowe's hardware store commercials while having some autoerotic time.
Got a problem with it?

Tess
08-12-2011, 08:12 PM
Yep, It's a turn on. It gets the juices flowing, the adrenaline going and releases the endorphins. It feels good and makes me happier. The "turned on" effect is less so than my teen years but back then a swift breeze could turn me on.

I couldn't agree more. Thank goodness the magic hasn't worn off. I manage it better now than I did 50 or 40 or 30 years ago, but it still gets the juices flowing. What I get from doing it is more nuanced now but it is still fundamentally sexual.

Barbara Dugan
08-12-2011, 08:19 PM
To be honest I was Asexual before I started dressing and the clothes and textures like satin,silk and nylon themselves don't do nothing for me, I don't feel the need to wear bras or panties under my regular clothes. When I dress has to be all the way and feel more in control of my life and emotions if I choose them to be sexual the I get turn on.
What I always found odd is the vilification of the sexual aspects of crossdressing

lynn_lynn
08-12-2011, 08:33 PM
truth is,... I like turning other people on sexually. I guess that is a thrill to me too, but I do enjoy other types of admirers, aside the modest cd community. Which I to respect. But I share equally to some degree:love:

beez1717
08-13-2011, 12:52 AM
I wear womens clothing because i like the look on me and i think it feels good. I hate heels and stockings and tend to wear the sort of stuff the other people around my age (22) wear, and i dont wear skirts. Heh, i feel more comfy wearing a womens tee, jeans, socks and bikini panties then putting on the $*!(!! guys clothing. Why would i put on a stupid costume when i could wear what i like instead? Ayway, if i dress quite sexy thrn i do get turned on, however just wearing womens/juniors stuff while still looking like a guy makes me feel more normal. I understand that many people here find being feminine is a turn on, but for me, I feel weird, strange, and not myself when i put on a guys tee shirt, undies, or pants. Who else feels like this? And how would you catagorize me? I am definately not transgender because i KNOW I'm male and that aligns with my xy chromosome :) Also, there is something about womens clothing that just clicks with me, that male clothing never does. Even when i was 6 years old I remember going to Disney World and ONLY wanting a pink Minie Mouse tee shirt. Why? Thats what I like and makes me happy and comfortable. Over the years after that I kept trying to find acceptible male clothing, but nothing worked for me that I liked and that clicked with me. I looked at my female peers and thought that they were so lucky that they got all the GOOD clothes and I never understood why every other guy liked the clothing choices they had. Now i wear womens and juniors clothing and it clicks much better with me. So why is it that when I tell people that I trust such as friends family and professionals that they automatically assume I wear what I wear is for sexual reasons and if that isn't the reason then I must be either homosexual or transgender? Well, I'm neither of those things. I like girls, and I could go into great detail into what makes a girl cute to me if they asked. So again, why is it that people assume that if I wear juniors jeans or a womens tee shirt that I must be "a horny gay" or a "trannie"?

busker
08-13-2011, 01:06 AM
I just bought a new skirt and the tag on it says "if the euphoria lasts more than 4 hours, you may have to see your local distributor, and if not available, your physician or go to the emergency room to have your skirt removed. There are no long-lasting effects, but try not to wear it again for a while".

Jamie-Lynn
08-13-2011, 01:49 AM
When i first started dressing it was more out of a sexual nature. But now that I've explored this side of me more it mostly makes me feel, Happy. I love the way I look when wearing women's clothing and not gonna lie, I do have a decently large collection of lingerie that has been acquired over the years but that's reserved for a special time and place.

Melody Moore
08-13-2011, 02:07 AM
I am definately not transgender because i KNOW I'm male and that aligns with my xy chromosome :)
First of all if you are a cross-dresser you ARE transgendered, because the term 'transgender' is an umbrella terminology
that includes cross-dressers or transvestites, drag kings & queens, gender queer androgynies, transsexuals & intersexuals.

And do you know how many 'transsexuals' I know of that before they stopped repressing their gender issues
that have said - "I know I am a male because I have a male body complete with all the bits to go with it!".
I was one of those people who kept battling GID & repressing my issues until I was 47 years old! but the big
surprise to me was to find out only last year that I am NOT XY at all - I was born intersex! WTF? :eek:

So hun, please understand that I am not trying to put you down when I say this, but you really do have a lot to learn!

You need to learn to understand the full dynamics of gender identity & sexual orientations before you start putting
labels like this on yourself because so far a lot of what you said does ring alarm bells with me that you 'might' be a
transsexual! And trust me as you get older this will only get worse until you reach a crisis point like many of us have.

pinto
08-13-2011, 05:31 AM
Yes it turns me on and even quite much like most of us but - I really would like to know if it still would be my desire if i could not be turned on. Imagine beeing castrated and having no more sexual urges, would I have the same desire to be a woman then? I don't know but i really long to know more about this.

Kate Simmons
08-13-2011, 06:26 AM
Basically RS what I do here now is the prototype of the female avartic form I will be able to access once I leave this place. If you think heads are turned now, wait until then as my sensuality will be amplified many times over by a powerful galactic battery. So this is more or less "practice" for the real deal.:battingeyelashes::)

Tallulah Rose
08-13-2011, 06:53 AM
Dressing is very much a sexual turn-on for me; it's totally why I do it. Having said that, I can totally see why others would have other motives for dressing. Whatever works for the individual. :)

beez1717
08-13-2011, 08:49 AM
First of all if you are a cross-dresser you ARE transgendered, because the term 'transgender' is an umbrella terminology
that includes cross-dressers or transvestites, drag kings & queens, gender queer androgynies, transsexuals & intersexuals.

And do you know how many 'transsexuals' I know of that before they stopped repressing their gender issues
that have said - "I know I am a male because I have a male body complete with all the bits to go with it!".
I was one of those people who kept battling GID & repressing my issues until I was 47 years old! but the big
surprise to me was to find out only last year that I am NOT XY at all - I was born intersex! WTF? :eek:

So hun, please understand that I am not trying to put you down when I say this, but you really do have a lot to learn!

You need to learn to understand the full dynamics of gender identity & sexual orientations before you start putting
labels like this on yourself because so far a lot of what you said does ring alarm bells with me that you 'might' be a
transsexual! And trust me as you get older this will only get worse until you reach a crisis point like many of us have.

I am sorry if I used the transgender term when I meant transsexual. Lol. That is what happens when you are up at two in the morning the day you are going to be flying across the USA. Anyway, what I was trying to say there is that my inner sense of self says I'm a guy, and so does my physical self. I see that inner part of someone as something you cannot decide. It is the same with gender preferences (liking guys, girls, both, neither, or something entirely different). Yes I may have more to learn (thanks for pointing that out), but sometimes you have an innate feeling about things and you can't explain them. Why do you not feel comfortable with someone? You just know, and that gut feeling is almost always right. I've asked myself several times why I'm not a transsexual or if I really am one, and it is clear to me that the reason I am not transsexual is because when I tried labeling myself in such a way, it never felt right. For me, being male, female or otherwise is like a stat that you would have in a tabletop role playing game such as Dungens and Dragons. You have black, red, white, pink, or rainbow hair. You are tall, short or are somewhere else in the range of all possible heights. You are physically a male, female, both, or neither. You know 3 magic spells. Those are all character stats and attributes. So why can't liking men, women, both, something else or neither be another stat that got assigned to you that you can't change? That's why being a transsexual or a cross dresser or neither to me is just another non changeable stat that you get when you are born. I tried seeing if I have the non transsexual lable, and that doesn't work for me. Neither does trying to fit the transgender stat work for me. I now know that if I had a non-changeable character sheet of myself that the outer self is male, black hair, from Guatemala, adopted, has Nonverbal Learning Disorder (it s very similar to aspergers), dysgraphia (you cannot write well no matter how hard you try, and writing is tiring and HURTS after a short period), likes females, doesn't like guys, cross dresser, and the inner self is male check boxes would be checked off. I am personally open to all my possibilities.

glynnis
08-13-2011, 09:43 AM
I am 69 years old and when I dress it makes me feel very sexual.Maybe thats why my wife encourages me to cross dress as she is 17 years younger than me.

sometimes_miss
08-13-2011, 10:55 AM
So, dressing DOESN'T turn u on! And, u dress because----?
Because I feel normal dressed as a girl. Has nothing to do with sexual excitement. Sorry, Sherry, we don't all do it for kicks.

Robyn2006
08-13-2011, 12:52 PM
To get all dolled-up, to become as desirable a woman as possible is in itself quite a sensual thing, which is true for gg as well. The very act of dressing and glamorizing used to turn me on, back when I was much younger and never could apply my lipstick without a shaking hand, so excited to delve into a world so forbidden. The very act drove me nuts. Though even then, the excitement always came as my heart ran wild into dreams of being an actual woman and, well…, yes, being with a man. These days I dress solely to become the woman I wish I had been born, to feel complete, and from that transformed perspective, I will not deny… the fantasies can occasionally run wild, but not because "I'm sliding my hands over my sheer nylon covered legs," etc. Good lord! It comes from feeling myself a woman and allowing the possibilities run their course. This seems to be the junction between being a crossdresser and being transgendered. I know this is a touchy subject for many, the distinction between the two and where lines might be drawn, but it always seemed to me that crossdressers get a thrill by the very act of becoming feminine (not that there's anything wrong with that!) and those of us who consider themselves transgendered and dress to match body with soul. And if within that soul erotic thoughts emerge, all the more feminine I feel. So shoot me. :doh:

wildsylph
08-15-2011, 08:26 AM
I say the sexual feeling is there, in different form. For example do I meet the image I have in my head, do I pass and attractive, does the outfit make me more beautiful than the other outfits and so forth

sally silverfox
08-15-2011, 08:51 AM
Over the years there has been a change for me.While in the beggining it seemed to be almost completely sexual ,often times now it isn't or at least far less of a sexual thing.I feel very natural and comfortable presenting as a woman.Is there still a sexual component?Yes.My wife has accepted it and she often picks out lingerie or even complete outfits for me to wear knowing it will ultimately lead to sex.We often have sex with me dressed to one degree or another and usually she puts on lingerie also.I'm underdressed as I write this and am not feeling as though there is a sexual thing going on but just the way I am and dress anymore.

dominique
08-15-2011, 09:01 AM
As with most of us here it started out sexual. But as time went on I felt myself dressing to be a woman nothing more nothing less. But I'm still in wonderment each and every time I fully dress and see the transformation before me.

Bootsiegalore
08-15-2011, 12:40 PM
OMG! Just from reading your post I need new underware!..... Kidding, good post. I think we all feel better when we dress. It is stimulating to an extent and I love the feeling of being dressed! Wish I could work this way too! I'd love to do it all the time! Rachel

audrey-lynn43
08-15-2011, 02:02 PM
Well when I first started dressing it was the biggest turn on ever. I would get turned on just thinking about getting home and dressing up. Now that it has become more routine I still do it for the sexual turn on but also because I really enjoy wearing my female clothes.

docrobbysherry
08-15-2011, 09:38 PM
For MANY of us, anyway!:brolleyes:
Wonderful post, BTW!

To get all dolled-up, to become as desirable a woman as possible is in itself quite a sensual thing, which is true for gg as well. The very act of dressing and glamorizing used to turn me on, back when I was much younger and never could apply my lipstick without a shaking hand, so excited to delve into a world so forbidden. The very act drove me nuts. Though even then, the excitement always came as my heart ran wild into dreams of being an actual woman and, well…, yes, being with a man. These days I dress solely to become the woman I wish I had been born, to feel complete, and from that transformed perspective, I will not deny… the fantasies can occasionally run wild, but not because "I'm sliding my hands over my sheer nylon covered legs," etc. Good lord! It comes from feeling myself a woman and allowing the possibilities run their course. This seems to be the junction between being a crossdresser and being transgendered. I know this is a touchy subject for many, the distinction between the two and where lines might be drawn, but it always seemed to me that crossdressers get a thrill by the very act of becoming feminine (not that there's anything wrong with that!) and those of us who consider themselves transgendered and dress to match body with soul. And if within that soul erotic thoughts emerge, all the more feminine I feel. So shoot me. :doh:

I'm often branded as a "fetishist", fine! But am I? :straightface:

Like so many here, I used to get aroused by a pair of stockings. Or, a tite girdle. Or, a quick peek at Sherry in the mirror! NOT so these days!:sad:

After often spending WEEKS prepping for a session, as I begin dressing I'm stressed: trying to remember everything, putting it on in the proper order, and having everything look just rite!:battingeyelashes:
No thots or feelings of arousal AT ALL!:doh:

Then, I'm finished and Robert's gone! Sherry looks back at me from my mirror!:daydreaming:
The excited feeling starts then! And grows, as I switch from one look to the next!:D
But, WHAT CAUSES THAT exactly? The feeling of the hose, girdle, forms, heels, etc? The pretty, shapely fem image I see? The pinched waist, wide hipped, heavy breasted female body I now have?:o

Is it feeling female? Looking female? Imagining I've become female? Maybe some of all of these?

Where precisely IS the line between "fetish" and "regular" CDs? Or, that between CDs and TSs? Maybe it's possible for individuals to step back and forth across these lines? Maybe many or MOST of us do?