PDA

View Full Version : Oh no! Sad day today.

Loretta
08-12-2011, 09:30 PM
MY FEET GREW AN INCH!!!:cry:

Now I'm going to have an even HARDER time finding shoes in my size!!!
Why did this have to happen?!

Mikaela
08-12-2011, 09:32 PM
I think an inch is 3 sizes, actually. Yeah, wearing a women's 12.5 sucks, since I'm either in a 13 (hard to find and needs to be padded with heel things) or a 12 which is fine for some but not others. Neither size is easy to find. Meh.

Cynthia Anne
08-12-2011, 10:25 PM
That's sad!:sad: If this happened over night you may have a couple of real woppers by next week!!:eek:::heehee:

Jamie001
08-12-2011, 10:45 PM
Is there any way to shrink the feet or at least stop them from growing? Will losing a lot of weight decrease shoe size?

Loretta
08-13-2011, 01:06 AM
Is there any way to shrink the feet or at least stop them from growing? Will losing a lot of weight decrease shoe size?

According to my aunt, weight loss makes a person lose both one- one and a half shoe sizes, along with one size of width.
So it's a possibility. Are there any exercises which promote weight loss, yet create a feminine shape?

Eryn
08-13-2011, 01:22 AM
Are there any exercises which promote weight loss, yet create a feminine shape?

Sadly, only the exercise of not putting food in one's mouth!

suzy1
08-13-2011, 04:35 AM
According to my aunt, weight loss makes a person lose both one- one and a half shoe sizes, along with one size of width.
So it's a possibility. Are there any exercises which promote weight loss, yet create a feminine shape?

It’s not just exercising that’s gets a feminine shape. It’s getting our weight down so we are really slim.
For exercise a lot of walking builds up the thighs and helps our shape in general.

As for foot size, that’s largely governed by the bones of the feet. Not a lot we can do about that.

SUZY

CatAttack
08-13-2011, 07:23 AM
Wait, I don't think feet are supposed to just grow dramatically like overnight?

Michaela42
08-13-2011, 08:32 AM
For slenderizing exercises to give you a feminine shape try Pilates and yoga. Places like walmart and Target usually have lots of DVDs that are cheap ($10 to 20) so you can exercise at home if you want. Many gyms also offer these classes; just ask at the desk if they prefer 'male' only classes as some women are still uneasy about attending classes where they are 'compromising' positions with men present. Also, try a few gyms and instructors if possible before signing any long term contracts. Also, adjust your diet to avoid too much protein (to avoid muscle growth) and try to eat more often in smaller portions while doing a lot of low impact cardio work.

As for your shoe size, I am afraid that your Aunt is correct; at least in my experience. With my weight gains and losses I fluctuate between a size 10 to a size 12. But on the plus side, many designers are starting to notice that not all women have cute little size 8 feet, so there are more options becoming available in stylish shoes. Hope this helps.

Jill
08-15-2011, 04:18 PM
I lost 40 pounds last year and went from a size 12 to an 11 in shoes. Gaining weight likely will have the opposite effect. For me, losing weight was about 75% diet and 25% exercise. I could exercise all I wanted but if I didn't follow the diet, I wouldn't lose weight at all. Most exercise will help make you smaller, lifting weights is the only type of exercise that will actually make you bigger so whether you are jogging, biking, playing sports, swimming, etc, it will help you slim down. You don't necessarily need to do "female exercises" to slim down, just do cardio but honestly practically none of this will do you any good if you are cramming cheese burgers into your mouth all the time.

kristinacd55
08-15-2011, 04:30 PM
Oh no!!! Bigger not, better!! It's funny, in my case I now where size 11 in my men's running shoes, but in women's shoes I've been buying 11 as well! SO, that means my MEN feet grew, and my WOMEN's feet shrunk.....go figure!
Oh, last thing I used to wear 10.5 mens lol

Loretta
08-15-2011, 05:42 PM
Shoe size is the length from heel to end of the toe. How many pounds do you think the average person needs to gain to make their heel and big toe so fat they need new shoes? If you are slimming to make your feet smaller you have a looooong journey ahead.

I only need to lose around 40-50 lbs.

docrobbysherry
08-16-2011, 01:07 AM
Don't the size of your feet relate to the size of your schwantz? So, it must be growing, too?

Or, maybe it was the distance from your thumb to your elbow that relates to that?