PDA

View Full Version : On the Job

Wendy_Marie
08-13-2011, 11:43 AM
Well today has officially been two weeks that I have been back on the job with my former manager "Sarah" who is now my new boss lady and owner of the company I work for.

I told Sarah of my GID back when I left two months ago and I admit that I was more than a little apprehensive when she asked me to come back to work with and for her.

I have noticed that there is a huge difference now in the interactions between Sarah and I now and I must admit that it is all for the better.

It seems as though now she has let her guard down and she talks to me and not just at me...she uses different inlections in her vocal tones and even her body language when we have met in person seem to be somewhat more relaxed.....

I really feel as though she is relating to me more as she might to another female employee than as a male to female...I can't be certain that this is due to my revelation to her or not...but it is a good feeling none the less.

Kim_Bitzflick
08-13-2011, 11:48 AM
So in summary, You left the job voluntarily, she asked you back knowing you are GID and she is treating you nice and a little more like one of the girls.

Sounds like things are going in your direction. Congratulations.

BLUE ORCHID
08-13-2011, 01:35 PM
Hi Wendy Marie, It sounds like that she knows that she picked the right man/woman for the job.

Orchid

Cynthia Anne
08-13-2011, 03:49 PM
Wendy Marie I remember your story a few months ago about your job! It sounds like that now you have not only a great work enviroment but also a boss that appreaciates and respects you! Beat wishes for you on your and your journey! Hugs!

SusanCACD
08-13-2011, 03:56 PM
I for one are really happy for you, and believe it or not, your boss to! Perhaps she understand that all that is shiny is not gold, and realizes some people do not fit the mold, i wish you the best of everything!!!
Susan

Wendy_Marie
08-15-2011, 06:30 AM
So in summary, You left the job voluntarily, she asked you back knowing you are GID and she is treating you nice and a little more like one of the girls.

Sounds like things are going in your direction. Congratulations.

You are right with one exception...the job ended when the company I worked for closed out the Transportation division completely and left 17 of us drivers without work.....my former Supervisor then opened up her own company and has since hired 8 of us back to work for her......

And thanks everyone...it is going very well for me and I can't tell you how big a relief it is not having to worry about being "found out" and losing my job.....

Tina B.
08-15-2011, 10:59 AM
And you where worried about being able to work for her after you told her about yourself as I recall, sounds like it has worked out great, and you will never have to worry about any one outing you to the boss, congratulations on landing the a great job in this economy, and one that will be so understanding!
Tina B.

kimdl93
08-15-2011, 11:21 AM
A side question, I guess, but I'm curious Wendy, are you able to work en femme? When you interact with your new/old employer, are you dressed?

Wendy_Marie
08-15-2011, 11:33 PM
A side question, I guess, but I'm curious Wendy, are you able to work en femme? When you interact with your new/old employer, are you dressed?

No, I won't dress enfemme as the position involves working with and transporting troubled teens...But as the job also requires some pretty extensive and on going back ground checks, I always felt the chance of being outed was pretty high.

I just wanted it out in the open so that if I am every outed to her, it won't be a suprise....her response was that she totally supported my living as I wanted to so long as it didn't interfere with the job....What I do when I am on my own isn't a concern to her.

I even told her that sometimes I felt the need to travel enfemme..she said just not while I had clients in the car with me....sometimes, like today...I traveld nearly four hours one way for a two hour transport and then four hours back home....She isn't concerned with my attire during these periods.