PDA

View Full Version : Your going to look great in this outfit

Robertacd
10-10-2005, 06:01 PM
I had a fun little shopping trip today. During lunch I thought I would pop into K-Mart and grab another pair of their Route 66 stretch bootcut jeans that are on sale this week. Well as I was passing the clearence rack a cute little pink top grabbed my eye $7 plus and extra 50% off :eek: I had to have it, and there was a lacey bra in my size for $4 too, couldn't pass that up...

So I get up to the checkout and put my womans jeans, pink top and lacey bra on the counter. As the young female clerk is finishing up the person ahead of me she starts removing the hangers from my purchaces, and gives me a little smile.:o She rings me up and as she is folding and bagging the items she looks at me and says "Your going to look great in this outfit ;) " and smiles as she hands me the bag. I just smiled back and said thank you.

That gave me a little thrill and really made my day.:)

Carlacd
10-10-2005, 06:07 PM
Have basically had the same thing happen while buying shoes. The young women who rang me up also saw me trying the shoes on. As i was leaving she said" You'll enjoy wearing these shoes, as they don't hurt your feet and calfs".
It made my day also.

jo_ann
10-10-2005, 06:59 PM
yeah, but was it an honest "You will look good in this", or did she have a slight sarcastic tone? Most check-out people I encounter usually have no clue about anything even though they work in a store.

Misty_VA
10-10-2005, 07:44 PM
Sounds like you had a great shopping trip.

Robertacd
10-10-2005, 09:22 PM
yeah, but was it an honest "You will look good in this", or did she have a slight sarcastic tone? Most check-out people I encounter usually have no clue about anything even though they work in a store.

I think it was honest in the sence that she knew I would be wearing the clothes. I can pretty much tell by the way she smiled and it was cute outfit that would look good on just about anyone really.

TGMarla
10-10-2005, 09:59 PM
Made your day? I'll bet! *Smile*

jo_ann
10-10-2005, 10:06 PM
you know it's amazing that sometimes customer service is better at the cheapy stores than the higher classed ones. Everytime I go into a walmart or a cub foods, the people couldn't be friendlier. You go into any place that's snooty, it's like "ok, whatdya got? hand over the plastic"

Francine
10-10-2005, 10:26 PM
For me, it was last Saturday.

I went shopping. I had to pick up some office supplies, and then afterwards, stopped in at the mall. Went into JCPenny's to just browse. Jewelry was on sale, up to 70% off..and I bought a nice gold necklace. Then I saw the the LBD (little black dress) display! at 30%-50% off. Well, I finally got my LBD! $80 dress, 50% off! A two piece, with ruffled hem. top that layers over the skirt. And even tried it on for awhile Sunday! (check the "Honestly, what are you wearing right now message board!) I love that dress!

Isn't shopping fun! :)

Francine

Leilani68
10-11-2005, 02:27 AM
Wife & I have a favorite little shop we go to who know me now....
We both always get compliments, and now they hand me the bag instead of her...
When they first met us they did not know what to do, and always told my wife;
"you have 2 different sizes here, or this won't fit you".
Not anymore....So Cheers to them......:cheer:

knelson
10-11-2005, 03:56 PM
I too have a pair of Route 66 jeans and love the feel of them.

Sarahgurl371
10-11-2005, 07:49 PM
Hi all,
I bought several pairs of shoes and boots at Payless,while en drab, the staff was always curteous to me, one lady even asked if I'd like a matching purse to go with my new heels. Still scared the @$^%^ out of me. But she seemed really cool about it.

Rachel Morley
10-11-2005, 07:58 PM
Hi Roberta,

This made me smile :) I'm assuming you were in drab at the time? It takes a little bit of courage to buy sweet girly things (that are in your size) as a guy.

I bet it was quite nice to be told that you'll look great....kinda like acceptance...sort of :)

Jodi
10-11-2005, 08:06 PM
Tammy, You can almost always expect a sales clerk to ask if you want additional items, ie the matching purse, hose or socks. In retail, this is called completing the sale. Sales clerks are trained and expected to do this. Every extra item sold is money in the bank for the store.

Jodi

Marlena Dahlstrom
10-11-2005, 08:43 PM
You can almost always expect a sales clerk to ask if you want additional items, ie the matching purse, hose or socks. In retail, this is called completing the sale. Sales clerks are trained and expected to do this.

I used to do retail sales once upon a time and as Jodi says, it's standard operating procedure.

Jamie M
10-11-2005, 08:48 PM
Still it's a nice thing to hear even if you don't try to hard to think what ulterior motives they have for saying it ;)

Robertacd
10-12-2005, 12:06 AM
Hi Roberta,

This made me smile :) I'm assuming you were in drab at the time? It takes a little bit of courage to buy sweet girly things (that are in your size) as a guy.

Yes, I was in darab at the time. It's no big deal to me now to buy things in drab, specially at a big chain store. Fact I normally pickout the check with women working them, specially young pretty ones. They are the most likely to at least give me that knowing smile and that always gives me a little thrill.

I bet it was quite nice to be told that you'll look great....kinda like acceptance...sort of :)

Yeah, it sort of is and always makes me feel good.:)