PDA

View Full Version : Comfort Zone.

BreenaDion
08-14-2011, 12:05 PM
I have reached a period in my transitioning about 18-19 months on HRT. This erea of time , even thou I don't think I pass very well in the mirror of course but in the eyes of the general public I do.

Case in point, sitting down on a bench with legs slighty crossed like a woman and enjoying an ice cream cone . Of course I was riding my bicycle and dressed as such with at least 25 other people waiting to get served and enjoying the moment Not one person looked at me with a stare or a double take. I just move around in public view without the anxiety I used to have and maybe 1 in 1,000 will stare or get a second look and god only knows whats rattleding inside there brain.

I don't worry about those people any more because I have reached my " COMFORT ZONE" as a Transwoman. I have excepted the fact that I will probibly never get SRS because of my financal state and thats ok with me. As I look back in the rescent past I told my Psychotherapist that I am also at a point in my transition that I feal as we all thrive to become, "CORRECT'' , refering to any discussion of any shape or form of GID. At least that stage has passed.

The more and more you present yourself as a woman and dress like a women who doesn't want to attract attention to oneself the easier it becomes to present as a woman. Like what my Thereapist has been telling me. I also let the HRT do the work for me first because I have eased the "ISM" to except my condition.

Later I will post my discovery of adrenaline to testosterone, and my Endocrinologist is going to study this new phenomenon.
Breena.

Traci Elizabeth
08-14-2011, 08:07 PM
In the beginning I too dressed to just blend in with my sisters. Not any more, I have developed my own styles and I wear sexy clothes, often show cleavage and enjoy the attention I receive. This summer was the first time I went to the beach in a very revealing bikini showing more cleavage than most other women. It felt good, I looked good, and I was totally "me."

I am most definitely in my comfort zone!

Phyliss
08-15-2011, 03:47 AM
For the longest while I would stand in awe and admiration of those who would be "out and about" living their life. Now that I've been on HRT for just over a yr and it's begun to work "That Ole Pink Magic" , I also, have found my "comfort zone"

Time was, I wouldn't have dared leave the house unless makeup was slathered on to cover as much as possible, wig was in place and clothes, were fresh out of the cleaners bag, shoes (with 4" heels) were the latest purchase, stockings (tight and straight). Would take me better than two hrs to get ready. A "simple shopping trip" became a major excursion and an epic journey.

Went with a friend yesterday to the local "air show" (A.F. Thunderbirds)
Wearing, white sneakers, brown slacks, burnt orange polo shirt, small (1/2") hoop earrings, what little hair I have left in a pony tail held with (matching color as shirt) band, carrying brown purse (match trousers color), and zero makeup.
Absolutely no attempt at "passing" nor any type of "stealth".
Twice during the day I was addressed by consession stand workers as "M'am" [my friend knows all and then some about me]. She said to me, after the second time it happened, "Phyliss, I'm really happy for you." when I asked her why she said that. She explained that I responded both times as if it were so natural to be addressed like that.
The second stand we visited was selling "fried dough" (New England favorite). When the 40 something fella working there asked me "What can I get you M'am?" I had answered with just giving my order, rather than saying "thank you" and then giving my order. Of course I said "thank you" when I got it.
Thinking about it, that wasn't the first time something like that happened. It's just becoming more common for me. I suppose I'm learning the true definition of the word "Transition". It's not a case of "take the pink pill" and presto changeo it's done. Rather slow and steady, with tiny changes here and there, which by themself don't add up to much, but combined with others begin to paint a whole new picture. At first it's so slow we don't see it. Because we're so close to it, we hardly notice, but others see the difference long before us. We start to become aware of how they act, treat, address, and, in general, acknowledge us. One day we wake up and "understand" how far along we are and hadn't even "tried". That , to me , is MY comfort zone.