PDA

View Full Version : Corset - wow

seppanton
10-10-2005, 07:42 PM
Hi
I am new here, but I wanted to post this anyway. Today I went to a local shop to try on a corset. I could not believe how good it felt and the effect it had on my figure. It is just unbelieveable.

It was quite expensive, so i didn't buy it, I have to save up - but I will.

thanks

NikkiT
10-10-2005, 07:45 PM
I agree - a corset makes an amazing difference in figure. It can also make a cheap dress look great if you wear the corset overtop. I got mine custom made locally, and cost about $350 Canadian.

Shannon
10-10-2005, 09:12 PM
I love corsets -- everything about them from the way they make me feel to the way they make me look. I haven't invested in the $200+ range yet; mostly I'm buying Fredericks -- they seem to have a new selection twice a year along with the standards.

Felicity
10-10-2005, 09:46 PM
I really like corsets too. They are actually far more comfortable than a spandex or similar shaper. They also work like no shaper can! I have 5 corsets.... Over $1,000 worth. I paid as little as $179 to as much as $325.

TGMarla
10-10-2005, 09:55 PM
Wow! That's lots of money. I don't have a corset (yet), but I've always wanted one. My wife has one she wore on our wedding day, and I've stuffed myself into it a few times. But it was really hard to do. It closed not with laces, but with hooks and eyes....you know what I mean, right? I liked the effect, I guess, but I'd like to try something different. And if I were to put out that kind of money, like you ladies suggest, I'd want to make darn sure it was a really pretty one. *Sigh* Maybe one day.......

seppanton
10-10-2005, 09:56 PM
The one I tried on was $250. It was black satin and heavy cotton. As the woman who runs the shop was pulling it up I couldn't believe how sexy I looked.

I ended up buying a bra and a gaff, so now I am saving my money

Celeste GG
10-11-2005, 01:24 AM
I am a corset addict! A good corstet combines engineering and art and worth every cent!

Celeste.

Shannon
10-11-2005, 08:03 AM
I have this one corset that laces up in the back. Since I live alone and have no partner that I'm currently sharing my cross-dressing with, I'm having a really difficult time getting the back laced up for a tight, proper fit. Any suggestions?

flatlander_48
10-11-2005, 08:32 AM
I have this one corset that laces up in the back. Since I live alone and have no partner that I'm currently sharing my cross-dressing with, I'm having a really difficult time getting the back laced up for a tight, proper fit. Any suggestions?

Yes, it's basically trial and error. Fit it in such a way that you as sure you can get it on and then jump in. Take a guess at how much you need to tighten it up and then take it off. Tighten up the laces a bit and then put it on again. Keep doing this until you can just barely get it on. Wear it for a while. If it still seems a bit tight, loosen it up a bit. Even with someone else helping, it is still a bit of a trial and error process.

suzy
10-11-2005, 08:54 AM
Hummmm, all of this corset talk is convincing me that I have been missing out. I have never purchased a corset but I have always wanted one. Now for certain I will be buying one soon. Ladies, any suggestions for a first time purchase, especially realizing they are a bit expensive.

Sazzle
10-11-2005, 10:13 AM
I've just bought my first one, its a very gothic looking one (which is a style I dabble in occasionally). It might be rubbish though, being an ebay purchase. I have my fingers crossed!

Sally2
10-11-2005, 12:01 PM
Funny how a thread becomes of interest to you when you're directly involved. Until a week ago this thread would have had a cursory view on my part but my wife has been after me to try a corset. She had a black one with the laces in the back and I decided to try it on with some new outfits I recently bought and will wear at Fantasis Fair next week in Provincetown, MA. What an amazing difference. My wife pulled the laces(Sorry Shannon) in the back to a point where I do have some curves and the dresses look fabulous. Can't wait until the Fair where I intend taking many photos. Sally2

Misty_VA
10-11-2005, 06:47 PM
I have a couple of corsets (cheap variety Fredricks of Hollywood) while they are not the best they still pull you in to help give you a girly figure. It cost about $60 dollars.

Misty

uknowhoo
10-11-2005, 07:18 PM
Greetings Betty, Shannon, Marla and Seppanton, and welcome to the forum. It's nice to see so many new girls coming in to join the fun.

I bought my 1st and only corset on Ebay this spring, and I love it.

Shannon, as far as getting it laced up tightly... from an earlier thread on this same topic I learned the doorknob trick. Simply drape each loop of the corset strings on the two knobs of a 1/2 open door, and lean away. You'll feel the laces tighten. Then use your fingers to alternatively tighten top/down and bottom until you have the slack in the middle. Lean away from the door again and repeat. I hope this explanation makes sense, pm me if not.

Happy dressing y'all.

Hugs,

Tammi

Sarahgurl371
10-11-2005, 07:23 PM
I'd love to have one as well, but its the size thing, ya know? I wish I had the courage to try one on somewhere. What stores have you all felt comfortable trying on female garments? How did the staff treat you?

seppanton
10-11-2005, 10:51 PM
I tried on the corset along w a gaff and a bra at a place called Sheer Necessities in Reading (Cincinnati) Ohio. The owner, Ann K, was very friendly and she laced up the corset and pulled it in for me.

Shannon
10-11-2005, 11:17 PM
Flatlander & Tammi -- thanks for the hints. I might need a video on how to do the doorknob trick!

Sally2 -- If I can't get my corset laced up properly, would you mind if I fly out there and ask your wife to lace me up too??;)

Felicity
10-12-2005, 02:19 AM
I think it's safe to say that any place that sells corsets has experience dealing with crossdressers. Don’t feel bad about the experience. The first place that I went to several years ago allowed me to come in at closing and dealt with me one to one. Since them, I wasn’t so shy about it.

ginafaye
10-12-2005, 04:50 PM
i just have couple of long line girdles........still love the tight control of it im sure a corset would be heaven

Sazzle
10-12-2005, 07:01 PM
I just got my first corset its a (relativly) cheap "fashion" corset but its great.

I have curves :D :eek:

and no beer belly anymore :rolleyes: