PDA

View Full Version : The other woman?

Briana90802
08-15-2011, 09:51 AM
Just asking out of curiosity, beside mummy, do you remember a woman that may have influenced you in your impressionable youth? Who was she to you & What was it about her that you found fascinating or that want to emulate? Was she sexy, innocent, warm, extra femme, what quality attracted you to be more like her?

For me I had a neighbor who was a goth girl and 18. I was 13 at the time and had a crush on her. Of course she had a boyfriend, but she was nice enough to always let me just hang out. I started to realize that the goth community always excepts others for whoever or however they dress and that is attracts me to dress goth when I can. I wanted to be sweet and nice like she was.

kimdl93
08-15-2011, 10:22 AM
my older sister - she was very smart, forthright and attractive.

DonnaT
08-15-2011, 03:31 PM
A girl I was in first grade with (6 yrs old). Very pretty, and I'd emulate how she sat. One day I saw she had helped her younger brother dress as a girl, and I soooo wanted to switch places with him.

Suzy Parker
08-15-2011, 04:30 PM
My grade school home room/english teacher. It was the early seventies and she mostly wore the mod-seventies ankle length dresses and the occasional mid thigh mini dress. She was very attractive and one reason as well as moms wardrobe of these same dresses as to why I like to wear long dresses so much.

Nikki A.
08-15-2011, 04:32 PM
We lived in a big house and to make ends meet we used to rent out one of the bedrooms. One renter was a Columbian girl and she ended up staying with us for a few years she even moved with us twice.
One move was a short stay in a smaller house, (we sold one house and couldn't move into the next house for 6 months). When she traveled I would sleep in her room and "borrow" some of her clothes. She was almost like a big sister to me and a hell of a Spanish tutor.

Debglam
08-15-2011, 04:56 PM
I had this aunt. . .:lovestruck: She was the coolest and the most fun but lets talk CD'ing now.

She was beautiful and elegant in a 1960's, Audrey Hepburn-sort of way. She was a buyer for a major department store, then had her own boutique and was always dressed and made up to the nines! Her bedroom was more like a suite and when we visited, most of the time we would be hanging out there. She had this built-in makeup table with the mirror and lights and drawers just FULL of all the stuff I would have loved to try on. . .

Did I ever love her!!! I really think that she would have been cool with all of this.

Cynthia Anne
08-15-2011, 06:36 PM
I suppose I would have to say my older sister! Only when I was very young!