PDA

View Full Version : What the heck is on your nail?

Chickhe
08-15-2011, 02:21 PM
I'm with a group of male friends and I noticed one of my friends had a painted fingernail. Having some experience, you would think I would know, but instead, I'm thinking to myself, 'what the heck does he have on his finger nail?'. My friend is a bit on the beer drinking, too much body hair etc. to believe he would be in to CDing, but anyhow... a little while later, another chest beating friend says to him out loud, 'what the heck to you have on your nail?'. Simple answer, 'I was the guinea pig'. He has a young daughter and her nails were matching. Can't say his nail looked good, it was all scratched up and looked more like he smashed it with a hammer.

So, there you go...paint your nails and just blame it on the kids...

Amber_Lynn
08-15-2011, 02:33 PM
LOL, I know a couple guys with painted toes and they have said it was done by their daughters. I'll usually have a translucent pink or white metalic on my toes, usually not really visible. This weekend we went to a pirate themed party so I painted my toes black. I left them that was for the rest of the weekend and had my SO's family ask about them. I used the party excuse and no one really seemed to care, of course my SO backed me on it too so that helped. The funniest were my niece and nephew who noticed it first. They asked about it, I told them and they were like, Oh, OK and went on playing.

sissystephanie
08-15-2011, 03:01 PM
I have never had my kids paint my nails!! But I have hit one finger with a hammer!! Both my toe and finger nails are always painted. My toes are always a bright color, usually some shade of red! My finger nails are always a pale shade of pink, a shade long for a man and rounded like other ladies nails!! I have worn them that way for many years, and no one seems to care!!

DonnaT
08-15-2011, 03:16 PM
I let one of my nieces paint my nails at a family gathering when she was quite young. And tricked her dad, my youngest brother, into it too, saying I would if he would. :devil:

Lorileah
08-15-2011, 05:43 PM
Sure is amazing how many parents have nail polish around the house but no polish remover

docrobbysherry
08-15-2011, 05:54 PM
Yeah, I got "nailed" by my date last week! I virtually NEVER color my nails. But, did for a special dressing session for a special friend! Wanted to show my hands without gloves for a change.

Even tho I used water soluable color, it sunk into my nails and stayed!

My date asked, "Did u paint your nails"? My answer was casual, "I was using red paint and it got on my hands".

Eryn
08-15-2011, 07:27 PM
Yeah, I got "nailed" by my date last week! I virtually NEVER color my nails. But, did for a special dressing session for a special friend! Wanted to show my hands without gloves for a change.

BTDT. I never apply color without a basecoat under it these days!

Cynthia Anne
08-15-2011, 07:41 PM
Gee! I just finnished painting my figernails! I wanted to change the color to a nice candy-apple red tonight so they will look good tomorow while I'm grocery shopping!

hhdave
08-15-2011, 09:39 PM
Heh, I was once out with some friends from work, and for whatever reason one lady was returning some nail polish to another lady. For some reason, she said "Anybody want their nails done?". Maybe it was the beer talking, I jokingly said "You can do mine.". And she did! Well, I got lots of chuckles and a few weird looks, but I didn't mind. It so happens that this day I had driven my sometimes temperamental MG sports car, and wouldn't you know it, it vapor locked and stalled on me 3 times on the way home. The last time was in front of some houses a few blocks from me, and I'll bet I made an interesting sight. A guy, trying to prime the fuel pump of my tiny convertible, wearing red nail polish. Uhh... Didn't count on that Murphy guy. The good Samaritans down the street were very gracious though, they offered to help push it up and over the hill, didn't seem too fixated on my nails. I coaxed it back to life, thanked the good Samaritans, and gunned it over the hill. It died again and I ended up coasting the rest of the way into my garage, but I made it.

Mikaela
08-16-2011, 11:45 AM

My date asked, "Did u paint your nails"? My answer was casual, "I was using red paint and it got on my hands".

"I was going on a binge of maraschino cherries"