PDA

View Full Version : Reflecting Upon a Mirror's Image

Anne2345
08-15-2011, 04:04 PM
Mirrors are so prevalent in everyday life that I cannot help but think we all take mirrors for granted. Mirrors are found everywhere, in such places as bathrooms, homes, businesses, stores, restaurants, automobiles, and makeup compacts, just to name a few. We use mirrors everyday for a variety of different reasons and purposes. Simply driving to the local grocery store, we constantly use both rear and side view mirrors to increase safety and awareness of potential road hazards, and to make sure that every hair is properly in place before exiting the automobile and entering the store! :battingeyelashes:

As a MtF crossdresser, I take great pride in cultivating and creating my feminine image, and presenting the best look I am able to achieve. Without the assistance of mirrors, however, I would be lost in the wilderness, doomed to wander around aimlessly in a chaotic mess of misplaced and mismatched colors and poorly applied makeup. As such, for example, I need mirrors to suitably apply eyeliner and lipliner. I need mirrors to ensure I do not overdo my eye makeup, and to achieve a nice, sophisticated blend of different colors. I need mirrors to comb out my wig, and to set it out just right. I could go on and on, but in essence, I need mirrors to ensure that the final product I view in the mirror mirrors the woman that I know is within me.

In this, mirrors are so much more than just simple tools we use to perfect our feminine craft and image. Mirrors allow us to see who we really are, and offers us a true glimpse of our total persona and transgendered vivaciousness! In this regard, mirrors reflect the image of the heart and soul of a crossdresser. That which we view within the reflection of the mirror is not just a reflection of our external, physical being, but is also a reflection of who we really are at that particular moment in time! Through much work and practice, a labor of love, to be precise, we have learned to transform ourselves from the dull and boring world of the drab to the magnificent, colorful, wonderful, and beautiful world of the feminine.

When I am dressed, it brings me great joy to view myself within a mirror. Within a mirror, I see a woman peering back at me. I see a woman that is me, and she is beautiful! The reflection I see is magical, profound, and alluring in its inherent enchantment. Without fail, when I view myself within a mirror, I fall in love with my reflection, and the inner and outer beauty my reflection represents to me.

While en femme, I cannot help but smile at myself when I come before a mirror. This has been a common practice of mine for years. Seeing the woman within the mirror, the woman I know is me, smiling back through my own reflected image is truly a majestic, resplendent, and inspiring sight for me to personally behold. It fills me with excitement, passion, a sense of authenticity, realness, and much personal satisfaction. It looks right, feels right, because it is right! Seeing myself smile en femme never gets old, and I can assure you I will never tire of it.

Of course, crossdressing is soooo much more than simply dressing up, and viewing one's image in a mirror. For me, though, it is such a simple, pleasant, and easy exercise to indulge in that I cannot help but smile at every mirror I confront! Am I being somewhat narcissistic in my practice? Perhaps I am. But I see no harm in smiling at myself! Particularly when it brings such joy! :)

As crossdressers, we are all beautiful! So, dare I say mirrors are a crossdresser's best friend? Maybe a crossdresser's most reliable friend, instead? What do you think?

carhill2mn
08-15-2011, 04:53 PM
I, too, enjoy seeing my image in a mirror. A mirror is certyainly a necessity. However, a camera may be my most reliable friend as it more reliably shows what others are seeing!

kimdl93
08-15-2011, 04:57 PM
I'm growing to appreciate the look of the face I see in the mirror, but I still think of something my aunt said years ago. Every time I look in a mirror, she said, I'm expecting the reflection of a16 year old girl, and instead I'm surprised to see this old lady! I appreciate her observation more with every passing day.

Debglam
08-15-2011, 05:08 PM
Ah yes. . .mirrors, a T-girls' best friend followed closely by photographs! I never though myself vain but I may need a new harddrive soon. :heehee:

joanna4
08-15-2011, 05:26 PM
Yes, I rely on the mirror and love it.

Cynthia Anne
08-15-2011, 06:14 PM
I think 'me' needs a new mirror! When I look into my mirror I see a image of a old women! Darn thing! I still feel young!:D Hugs!:)

Diana Bain
08-15-2011, 06:26 PM
As simplistic as it may sound...we all saw ourselves for the first time in a mirror. Many of us have grown (and got older) in front of the mirror!

eluuzion
08-15-2011, 06:50 PM
hiya Anne,

[>So, dare I say mirrors are a crossdresser's best friend? Maybe a crossdresser's most reliable friend, instead? What do you think?<]

Hmmmm....I would describe it more like this:
Next to self-deception, it is probably the most used tool in the toolbox, lol.

I was just thinking about mirrors last night. They are fascinating and not as "simple" as they appear to be. I was wondering how many members of this forum can see their reflection when they are on their computer. (Have a strategically positioned mirror).

Best friend? Most Reliable friend? Hmmmmm... Just as with a SO....it depends upon how you treat them. If you treat them with respect and “mount” them properly, yes. If you disrespect them by scratching, ignoring or not “mounting” them properly...they may start deceiving you and lying to you.

For example...let’s say you want to mount a full length mirror on your wall. One of those “inexpensive” (Wal-Mart) types that is a bit flexible until you get it flat against the wall.

How to make a Reliable, Best friend...
You typically get 6 mirror clips in a package. You use two clips on the bottom of the mirror, spaced evenly to support the weight. Then you use two clips at the top, spaced evenly to secure it against the wall. You have two clips left. These two clips will determine how reliable this “friend” will be and if indeed, it will turn out to be your “best” friend.

First, step back and look at your reflection. Chances are good that you think you look “fat”, or worse...short and fat. (Convex “bulge” in the middle of the mirror). What do you think of your “friend” so far? Not much, eh? Ok, now you know how important those last two clips are. As I said, the quality of your friendship will depend upon how you mount them.

Take each clip and mount one on each side of the mirror, a little further down past the center of the mirror. Screw them in, but stop when they make contact with the surface edge of the frame. Give each screw another half turn and step back to look at your reflection again. You should look a bit thinner and taller. Repeat this process until you look “normal”, then stop. Hopefully you still have room to tighten those screws if you wanted to. You now have a “friend”.

Next time you want to look taller, or feel fat and want to lose 15 or 20 lbs in 15 seconds, just tighten those two screws a bit. There, all better...
Now you have a very Reliable, “BEST” friend. lol

Ok, let’s now assume you are a CD trying to figure out “who you really ARE”. You look in the mirror and it never really looks like “you”. The reason is because it really is NOT “you”, for a couple of reasons.

A plane mirror is a reflected “mirror” image, which is “reversed”. When you reach out with your right hand to shake hands, your reflection holds out your right hand, but from the left side of your body. Good luck shaking hands with yourself. So you never see the person others actually see as “you”.

Plus the closer you get to the mirror, the “larger” you get and the further away you are, the smaller your image appears. This does not happen in the same visual perception/proportion as it does in “real” life vision. (A photographer can explain that better than I can).

PLUS, your face is not symmetrical and you are viewing it reversed in a mirror.
http://reuvera.hubpages.com/hub/--A-STRANGER-IN-THE-MIRROR-face-symmetry

So, here we are back at that pesky CD topic that we just can’t seem to let die on the forum. Is it better to lie and deceive...or should you uncover the “Truth” and be “honest”?

Well, if you are one of those that wants to know the “truth”...and see your “true” self as others really see you...here ya’ go...

True Image Mirror Demo (how to see the TRUE you at home for “free”)
http://www.darylscience.com/Demos/TrueImageMirror.html

If you want to buy your own TRUE mirror. (They are expensive)
True Mirror (explanation and pricing)
http://www.truemirror.com/

And if you really, really want to know if that friend of yours is actually reliable and your best friend...
Mirropane transparent mirror glass
http://www.mirropane.com/pdf/mirropane.pdf

Hehehehhee...hey, you asked me...
Just be glad you are not me. My mind naturally “twists” everything like this...

TGMarla
08-15-2011, 07:09 PM
I see a woman that is me, and she is beautiful! The reflection I see is magical, profound, and alluring in its inherent enchantment. Without fail, when I view myself within a mirror, I fall in love with my reflection, and the inner and outer beauty my reflection represents to me.

Anne, that is a beautiful statement, and I for one can relate to it quite well. There are times that I look in the mirror, and I have to remind myself that the woman I am looking at is me. I sometimes find myself looking deep into my own lovely eyes, made to look feminine by the mascara and eye shadow, desperately trying to see the woman who lies behind those eyes, perhaps in an attempt to better get to know her, love her, and be her. I try to touch her soul, only to come away knowing that that soul is me, and that as a woman, I missed the mark at conception by a fraction of an inch by losing what amounts to a genetic crapshoot with 50/50 odds. I sigh, and fix my hair a bit, check my lipstick, and give a twirl and walk away for a bit, only to return to the mirror after a short time to make sure that everything still looks right and is in its place.

I don't often go out when I dress, so when I'm alone and presenting en femme, the mirror is my companion, where I can interact with myself and indulge in my feminine pursuits. I can do my hair, do my makeup, adjust my dress, and primp to make sure everything's perfect. And whenever I come back to the mirror, I can see myself as a woman with a warm, pretty, and inviting smile, ready to accept myself as the woman I am at the moment.

When it comes to women, I am in love with my wife. But when it comes to being en femme, I am in love with the image of myself as a woman. It's not romantic; it's something else, parallel, but not the same. The mirror enhances my ability to live in the moment, and enjoy the state of being as Marla, the woman that I'm really not.

thechic
08-16-2011, 04:10 AM
Some days the mirror is my best friend,I see a womans reflection with style and grace ,some days it my worst nightmere,I see a man trying to be a woman.

suzy1
08-16-2011, 04:35 AM
The trouble with my full length mirror is when I see Suzy in it I fall in love with my self! [Maybe I do need the help of a therapist after all?]
I do know exactly what you mean Anne when your reflection makes you smile. Like me you are seeing the women you want to be. How nice is that!
But I take a bit further. I dress up in something really sexy and mime to a Lady Ga Ga song. [Can anyone recommend a good therapist please?]

SUZY

Alice B
08-16-2011, 10:42 AM
Mirror, mirror on the wall. Who's the fairest of them all? Without question - me, when I see myself dressed in the mirror.