PDA

View Full Version : Comments from others?

MichelleW126
08-15-2011, 04:36 PM
Just curious if you've recieve any comments after feminizing yourself with long hair, facial hair removal, etc etc etc?

Want to grow long hair/remove facial hair, but wondering if I'll recieve negative comments dailey?

BillieJoEllen
08-15-2011, 05:17 PM
Years ago after while having one of my dressup sessions I overdid my eyebrows. A woman I knew at the time noticed them and gave me a really disgusting look. She was the only one that noticed. Every time I saw her after that I could tell she was staring at my eyebrows. She was never really friendly after that.
Another time while doing some home electrolysis I overdid that also. I wound up with a 'patterned' rash that didn't escape the sight of a good friend of mine.

sissystephanie
08-15-2011, 05:29 PM
Not too surprisingly, a lot of men have long hair now. I would say that where you live, and what the people are like will dictate whether or not you receive negative comments. I live in the Atlanta, Georgia area, and go out daily dressed completely enfemme, but wearing no wig and no makeup. What little hair I have left is cut to 1/8 the inch. So I am a man wearing womens clothing. I have been doing this for over 6 years, and have never received one negative comment!! As long as you are decently dressed, most people don't care!!

Cynthia Anne
08-15-2011, 05:41 PM
I know some of us receive negative comments, but what the 'hey'! Life is short! Enjoy it! Hugs!

suchacutie
08-15-2011, 06:17 PM
I've not gotten a single comment on the thin and arched eyebrows or the long shapely eyelashes :).

Earrings...that's a different issue, or at least it was right after the piercing. Now it just seems to be a part of the scenery.

tina

Ashley Allison
08-15-2011, 06:22 PM
I've had skinny eyebrows, long hair, shaved arm pits and long nails. I naturally have little body hair too.

I know for a fact that people notice. People do stare, but I've never gotten an outright bad reaction. The way that I see it is that your average CIS person don't want to get into want to get into a scene with someone whom they expect may be transgendered. It would just make them look like an intolerant bigot to everyone around.

Karren H
08-15-2011, 06:49 PM
My wife had asked 8 years ago why I shave off my mustache of 30 years.... Told her it was time for a change. Littlke did she realize how big a change. Now she is always saying "you look like a girl"... Duuuhha

Starr
08-15-2011, 07:22 PM
I am 57 years old and have been growing my hair now for about 3-4 years, i have always had long fingernails but i now let them get over board often and i also keep them polished with a shinny clear coat if not some color... as for eyebrows i am working on them a little at a time.. so as not to get a big notice.. they look very fem now but are not anything overly fem, just neat trim and a little thinner then most guys..
Now.. no one has said anything to me directly.. there have been some comments i have heard about, mainly like "whats with him and his long hair and nails" I said once a long time ago when i retired i would grow a ponytail all the way down my back.. well it is about a third of the way now... when someone says anything about the hair that is what i tell them and that i am goinng to get me a Harley... don't say it will be pink...lol

Suzette Muguet de Mai
08-15-2011, 07:24 PM
Giggles I also had a mustache with droopy ends, even got a personal groomer for a birthday present only to shave the mustache all off. Positive feed back was you look younger.
Then decided to grow my hair long only to get the odd negative comment. Now my hair is above waist as I cut it and layered it and I wear foundation with a little mascara. During the day it hides in an updo under a cap.
Most people accept me as I am, the odd one looks twice and I used to get some pretty catty comments from guys who may have been jealous.
Losing weight so I now have a jawline and I got my chin back but still a long way to go before I consider myself androgynous and able to get onto HRT.
I am getting to a stage where I just let the nasty comments (when they arise if ever, even monthly) be like water off a duck's back.
Remember they may not contribute anything to your life so why should their comments affect your life. Live life as you want and not as you expect others to see you live it.

Darlene-VA
08-15-2011, 07:26 PM
My hair has been growing out for the last 4 years and now I just style it and people tell me you look good with long hair, so in the long run just do your own thing and don't worry about the comments.

Eryn
08-15-2011, 07:53 PM
Let's see, removed arm and body hair, removed mustache, started taking better care of my skin, started wearing Levi's woman's jeans, lost a few pounds, etc.

My co-worker's reaction?

"Wow, you really look great, like 10 years younger!"

Alice B
08-15-2011, 07:58 PM
I've received several positive comments from GG's, other dressers and a few that I'm sure are hitting on me. Have never received a negative comment, even from my wife. While I would love to have long hair it is not going to happen. First I am too active. I swim and play a lot of gold and live in a warm climate. Just not comfortable. And, second my hair would be too gray and white. Would require constant coloring and I do not want to go that route. Wigs are fine for me.

VioletJourney
08-15-2011, 08:00 PM
I've only gotten comments from my brother, and only after I'd already told him about them.

CynthiaD
08-15-2011, 08:13 PM
In male mode I've worn sheer pantyhose with sandals and sometimes with shorts. Ive also worn bras under thin tee shirts and worn ruffled or lacy shirts. I shave my arms and legs year round. The only negative comment I've ever gotten was from the popcorn guy at my favorite theater. I was wearing sparkly nail polish in male mode, and when he served me he said "thank you ahhhh ... Sir!" I was hoping for a ma'am! Darn!

Nicole Erin
08-15-2011, 08:42 PM
Keep in mind that thosew who knew you before and see you going thru change will comment or ask.
Those who know you after the fact will not know you any other way.

darla_g
08-15-2011, 08:45 PM
I've never been a big fan of facial hair anyway

Dawn cd
08-15-2011, 09:31 PM
My hair is longer than I've worn it for years. It's partly grey, but I don't care. (Hey, some GGs have grey hair and look good.) My wife said she likes it. No one else has said anything, but if they do I'm going to tell them that I'm exploring my hippie side.

renee k
08-15-2011, 09:49 PM
Well I can't have long hair. But all my facial hair is gone. No more five o'clock shadow. No one has said a word. I'm sure GG's can read me in drab. But then again nothing has been said.

Renee

5150 Girl
08-15-2011, 09:56 PM
I wouldn't say I got negitive comments, I'd describe them more as simple couriosity

Tara D. Rose
08-15-2011, 09:58 PM
I've worn my hair long all of my life, back in the late 60's. many times through my youth, people everywhere would ask are you a girl or a guy?

likes2becute
08-16-2011, 01:03 AM
People you meet after the fact won't care or notice. I have styled and well-kept hair past my shoulders and no one males a big deal. However, friends and family have and still do make regular tongue-in-cheek comments about my long hair (saying I need a haircut, asking when am I going to cut it, etc.). It's just something you'll have to deal with. I just pretty much ignore them and they don't bother for awhile.

Eyebrows I have been extremely patient with. I've taken about 3 or 4 years to gradually shape them. I've done this over such a long period of time, even my family didn't ever comment. Now they are quite shaped, but they don't notice the difference compared to years ago. Again, with new people, no one cares. You're only going to get comments from people you know that knew you before any changes.

eluuzion
08-16-2011, 01:40 AM
First it was the mustache that I had since I was high school age. No big deal. Then legs. A few initial questions from friends, but passed it off as tennis/martial arts, which satisfied them. Then rest of body hair. No comments (not hairy to begin with). I always have short hair since long is not acceptable for business I do...I like eating, not starving.

I did gradually change my eyebrows...like in one night...I shaved them off !!! lol Now I just use eyebrow pencil to color in guy brows when I go out. So far so good...but I always wear a baseball hat and shades anyway. Not looking forward to any dentist appointments though...

Diane Smith
08-16-2011, 01:52 AM
I am aware that my appearance is the topic of some gossip around my workplace. In this and all other things, I am of the mind that if I don't hear about it through official channels, then it wasn't actually said at all. This philosophy keeps me out of trouble in a number of ways not related to gender as well. Only two people have ever asked me directly about it. The first was a work colleague and good friend, and I was totally open and honest with her about everything. The second was a candidate I was interviewing for a job. He asked if I was transgendered, and when I said yes, said he had worked with another gal in a similar situation at a previous position and was in awe of the courage involved in transitioning. So that was a positive encounter, too. (He didn't get the job, but that had nothing to do with it.)

- Diane

Jamie001
08-16-2011, 01:58 AM
I've received several positive comments from GG's, other dressers and a few that I'm sure are hitting on me. Have never received a negative comment, even from my wife. While I would love to have long hair it is not going to happen. First I am too active. I swim and play a lot of gold and live in a warm climate. Just not comfortable. And, second my hair would be too gray and white. Would require constant coloring and I do not want to go that route. Wigs are fine for me.

Alice,

I would really like to help you "play with the GOLD". That sounds like a game that you can't loose.

Kathy4ever
08-16-2011, 02:50 AM
Been hair free for nine months and only the wife has said I'm weird. Been letting my hair grow and died my hair a dark blonde and a SA said to me it was pretty and womman would luv to have that color. That was the best compliment I have gotten. This year I don't think I have had anyone stare or anything like that. I really have grown to just act normal and just act as I fit n. In a way I feel like that woman that does not want to be hit on. I just feel care free.

joan47
08-16-2011, 06:05 AM
I have thin shaped eyebrows, long arylic gelled nails, ankle braclet, ear rings, painted toenails, I wear girls tight burmudas length shorts or capris, I get a few stares, but whatever, I mean I am transgenered and I feel feminine so why should I not dress that way, hopefully they are staring at my panty line when I wear my white capris

Tina B.
08-16-2011, 09:27 AM
I wear my hair in a pony tail most of the time, lately I've been wearing it down a lot more, it hangs well below by shoulders now, the only one that has asked me about my hair is my mother, at 92 her only question was "why do you wear your hair so long", my answer was "because I like it that way" and no more was said about it. I gave up beards and mustaches I gave up a few years ago, the wife always liked the stash, but she has got used to it being gone. The eyebrows I trim short, and pluck fairly thin, but in all fairness, my eyebrows are blond and don't stand out all that much, and I wear glasses, but no one has ever said anything about them, not to me anyway.
Tina B.

drag n fly
08-16-2011, 10:28 AM
I have just recently....(last year or so) started to make myself outwardly feminine..Right now, I'm up to the toe nail polish(pink) clear fingernail, large hoop earrings, totally shaven body, eyebrows included...Yesterday was a watershed day, sort of..Bought six pairs of nylon old ladies panties for sleeping in...Yummy...and at Walmart, here in Myrtle Beach...I felt like a brazen hussy...Super....Thanks all and smooches Jackie