PDA

View Full Version : Feminine boy modes.

cdona20
08-15-2011, 04:50 PM
How many of you have feminine looking boy modes? Just curious. My boy mode appearance is very feminine. I wear eyeliner, foundation sometimes and Chapstick Shimmer to give shine to my lips. I have natural long hair too.

It has really stopped being a "boy" mode and has become a "Don't be devastated if I get called sir" mode. Sometimes I get called Mam or Miss, but sometimes I get Sir (Usually after I speak. I don't try to change my voice in boy mode).

So how many of you have boy modes like this?

kimdl93
08-15-2011, 04:59 PM
I'm too old to be a boy, but I certainly experimented with a feminine man mode for a long time. Lately, I've come to suspect, based on an observation Reine made some months ago, that I probably created a more dischordant appearance as a feminine man than I present when totally en femme.

Sara82
08-15-2011, 05:00 PM
I used to have a feminine boy mode a few years ago, and i wore little eyeliner, foundation, and styled my hair more girly. This is when I was contemplating transitioning and didn't have courage to go all out. i always got read though cause im not passable due to dark beard shadow and never worked on my voice. :(

Samantha43
08-15-2011, 05:06 PM
I'm all boy or all girl. No in between. It just doesn't work for me.

Cynthia Anne
08-15-2011, 06:26 PM
Been doing so for quite some time! I may be doing somthing and need parts! So I grab my purse, check my earrings and freshen my lipstick and go in after them! Hugs!

smokin brit
08-15-2011, 06:32 PM
I do, in fact I got the idea to start crossdressing because I was always being mistaken for a girl, lol

Gina738
08-15-2011, 06:39 PM
I may be a little older but try as much as possible to be a little feminine especially when I go on cruis ships.

lilmissjenny
08-15-2011, 06:52 PM
im only girly when dressed in my female clothes.

Natalee
08-15-2011, 07:07 PM
I'm definitely guilty of half-dressing. Be-it all girl clothes, and little/no makeup. Or only having nail-polish, chick pants, ballet-flats, and a cap-sleeve.

I love the clothing firstly; face it, they are much better than boy clothes. But I doubt I'll have to argue that fact with this audience....

I'm usually too interested to jump in-front of the computer, and get to work, rather than get all the makeup done right. Going fully girl is not a daily requirement; but special and fun when I do/try.

Suzette Muguet de Mai
08-15-2011, 07:09 PM
In my later teens I was always mistaken for a female, even though I was in boy mode, never really knew there was a difference between boy and girl "modes".
Unfortunately I did dress feminine in private but society would not accept it then so I hid. To be accepted I went on bodybuilding, martial arts and anything that was acceptable as a "real mans" event. Built up big only to live a lie.
Now I regret having done that and wish that I knew of accepting people back then with similar experiences and advice.
We are so lucky to have a website like here. So lucky for those who know at a younger age that they are able to transition Mtf or FtM when they can be androgynous and be a little more accepted than years ago.

ReineD
08-15-2011, 07:29 PM
I'm too old to be a boy, but I certainly experimented with a feminine man mode for a long time. Lately, I've come to suspect, based on an observation Reine made some months ago, that I probably created a more dischordant appearance as a feminine man than I present when totally en femme.

Kim, I just want to say that I was speaking of other people's inability to understand and accept gender presentation variance. And even then, this is not everywhere and is certainly not among all age groups. I think that young people in an urban area can get away with a more androgynous look than say, someone in their 50s who lives in a rural setting. It's impossible to make take a statement like that as being applicable to everyone.

I did say this to help bring a sense of awareness, but at the end of it all what is most important is that Anyone should present in a way that feels comfortable to THEM. And this includes balancing the reactions they do get when they go out looking feminine or androgynous given where they live and their other personal circumstances, and then making the decision as to whether or not it is worth it to present this way, again taking into consideration the degree of GID.

I wrote in another thread recently, and I do believe this, that most people (particularly men but some women too) won't differentiate between a male who decidedly dresses in a feminine manner, and a CD who is presenting full out femme. Both modes of presentation are a far enough departure from what the average guy thinks that average guys should wear, to be lumped in together. But, the CD who presents full out femme has a bigger chance of hovering just outside people's radars since most people don't tend to look too closely at the details, which would decrease his chances of being read ... whereas the guy who dresses femininely will immediately stand out more compared to the average person who is walking around.

But still, most people won't say anything out loud, whether the CD is dressed as a feminine male or a full on woman. People do tend to keep their opinions to themselves, which really makes it hard to gage what they're thinking.

:hugs:

Jamie001
08-15-2011, 07:36 PM
I am a feminine guy that always wears women's fragrances, feminine hair with highlights, professionally pedicured bright red or hot pink toenails in women's sandals, toe rings, women's capri pants. I also carry a women's purse. Whenever I'm not at work, this is how I am dressed. I live in Southern California so I can wear sandals and capri pants year-round. For me there is no reason to worry about passing. I'm just a girlie guy that loves feminine things. When people see me they know that I'm playing for the girl's team. :-)

joan47
08-16-2011, 06:21 AM
Im a girly guy too, capris, t-top, bra , panties, shaped and thineyebrows, ankle braclet, necklace, long arylic nails, lip gloss, eyebrow pebcil mascara nd light foundatio, I want tobe as feminine as possible in boy mode

Joanna41
08-16-2011, 06:28 AM
Nothing in-between for me. It's either or except for the underdressing which I do regularly.

Joanna

MillaMarie
08-16-2011, 07:22 AM
I totally understand the people who feel most comfortable with either/or and accept gender dichotomy as their most comfortable position. For so many years I was just like that. It has been a wonderful experience for me to really understand & accept that I'm Gender Queer (GQ) and I don't have to conform to heavy cultural pressure to be either/or. In an intuitive way all of us understand that we have both the yin/yang within us naturally, it would be so dysfunctional to be totally non integrated either one way or another. To fully integrate, accept, & express both sides of my nature opens me to respond with a full range of emotional nuance. This is not something that happened naturally but powered by the gift of addiction (20 years of recovery) and many excellent therapists, this has been my "Gift".

The shell I present externally is a softer & more natural than any I've had. Not to be detailed but, with very long highlighted hair, short proportioned stature, neutral clothing, and a soft manner it's more common than not for me to get taken as female than male - fact is, I don't care anymore. To respond to people with a kind & caring manner without the thought "What do they think of me? " is just so relaxing. ..Guess I'm lucky to live in the "Deep South", here you are either a Bubba or a Girl anyway.......

The only change I am capable of is within me and my response to the world, still there are times when I think that being open & "Out" is important for any gradual social change. I'm doubtful that presenting as "Gender ****" will help change since this will cause most to feel a bit threatened, but the suppression of our natural self is never good. Perhaps if more of us accepted and presented as the mixture of genders we all are, more people would come to accept & appreciate us.

Reine's comments always ring true with a kind thoughtfulness - each to his own and to what feels natural to them. The external environment can be unforgiving for many who would rather present with a softer shell !

michelleddg
08-16-2011, 07:46 AM
Either/or for me. Manly dude or girly girl. Of course, I haven't had a hair cut in nine months, get my eyebrows threaded regularly, and remove all body hair whenever I'm on my own for extended periods. Hmmm...

kimdl93
08-16-2011, 08:43 AM
.......at the end of it all what is most important is that Anyone should present in a way that feels comfortable to THEM. And this includes balancing the reactions they do get when they go out looking feminine or androgynous given where they live and their other personal circumstances, and then making the decision as to whether or not it is worth it to present this way, again taking into consideration the degree of GID.

.......But, the CD who presents full out femme has a bigger chance of hovering just outside people's radars since most people don't tend to look too closely at the details, which would decrease his chances of being read ... whereas the guy who dresses femininely will immediately stand out more compared to the average person who is walking around.:hugs:

I'm glad you clarified this point for me. My brief summation didn't do justice to your point. My take away, for what its worth, when applied to myself, is that I have found myself to be more comfortable fully en femme than I did in a more androgynous mode. That does not mean I blended in better, but maybe I don't stand out so starkly.

NatalieGirl
08-16-2011, 04:36 PM
I have largely gone to feminine boy mode, rather than try to dress up completely femme. I know I'm not remotely passable, so I don't try to go all out very often.

I often wear tights, covered only by women's short pants. Ballet flats. Earrings. Some makeup in varying degrees. My hair is long and almost always in a girly style and striped.

I wear pretty bracelets. I want to get some women's rings but its hard to find some that are big enough. I wear a size 11, which is not large for a man but most women's rings come in size 9 at largest.

Charleen
08-16-2011, 05:07 PM
I'm with you on that. When not at work, all women's clothing, mascara, eye shadow, a touch of lipstick. At all times I have on mascara, earrings, perfume, 7 rings, arm and ankle bracelets, my long hair and long polished nails. Been called sir and or ma'am no matter where I am, work or else where.

Michaella
08-16-2011, 05:30 PM
I used to when I was younger. Long hair, high heels, jumpsuits, nylons, satin, sometimes a bit of make-up or nail polish. Can't make it work these days though. I really miss it.

Michaella

Loni
08-16-2011, 05:38 PM
sadly in "boy" mode I can only be know as boy. even thoe the only clothing I have any more came from the ladys dept.
it takes a lot of work to even look like a lady when dressed.

Charleen
08-16-2011, 05:40 PM
I don't think age should have anything to do with it. I'm 60 and am enjoying being me!

Joanna Maguire
08-16-2011, 11:48 PM
When I was a boy I did look like a girl especially because of my curly hair I was dressed as a girl by my mother She could not have anymore children. I was never sussed out. As a boy I often hear ladies say That with my curly hair I should have been a girl Years later when I was a teenager and was working I became a CD and bought a Berli sarong high waisted girdle and stocking. Ive been a CD now for over 50 yrs. Wish I looked like a woman as I did when I was a little girl. I wish I had been born a girl But alas that is just a dream phantasy.

5150 Girl
08-17-2011, 12:55 PM
Well,,, I do this kind of thing often, but in a way I can pass off as beeing a hair-metal rocker. (which I am)

chocker
08-17-2011, 01:24 PM
With how and where I am in life I tend to be as "MASCULINE" as possible...
Though, being slim and artistic/flamboyant, I'm often told I'm effeminate. Though never mistaken for a girl... except taking a few pictures of just my ass in a thong and having one of my friends see it and think it was the girl I was dating at the time.

Would I delve further into the lifestyle, not to mention once I get back on my feet and OUT of the maternal home, I'm almost certain that my boy mode would become far more feminine. That's just where I'd presume I'd be most comfortable.
The best I feel is when I'm as feminine as I can be... so... yeah.

I think comfort is key.

Emily Ann Brown
08-17-2011, 02:28 PM
Not unusual to be asked if I play in a rock band.

My daughter will introduce me as her father who plays drums for Led Zepplin. My son refers to the "old hippie with the ponytail".

Em

Richelle
08-17-2011, 02:40 PM
I would say that I am in feminine boy mode most often. My wife does not like it when I am totally enfem however, she does tolerate accept a more "feminine" appearance. For years I have carried a over sized wallet and now use a small wallet purse all time. I also have a number of paints and tops from Dress Barn that I where in boy mode. We also go the the salon and have our nails done,currently a nice brown on my hands and a very shine mauve on my feet. I started my vacation with a "Dorthy Hamil" hair cut, and now thanks to my hair stylist a Justin Beiber cut.

And yes, I am often "mam" or we are greeted as "ladies"

Richelle

TVShannon
08-18-2011, 12:57 PM
I have been out in some androgyn stuff too. A white long sleeve top, black stretch pants, almost like capris, as well ad Keds tennis shoes.

Inna
08-18-2011, 01:18 PM
all the way up to 12-13 years old I was often referred to as She by passers by and fellow bus riders. I wore boys clothing and bit longer hair but nothing girly. Until testosterone took a hold and forever took away the only thing I wanted. All the way through elementary I had a nick name of Jola, a girls name in my native tongue.

Brenn
08-20-2011, 07:31 AM
I wear mary-janes, keds or ballet flats and women's shorts in boy mode. Never see much reaction.