PDA

View Full Version : Eyebrows

joan47
08-16-2011, 05:54 AM
I get my brows shaped and waxed every two weeks, I tell my girl to make them as arched and thin as possible . I don't beieve people notic wheninmale mode, although I tend to briten them up with a little eyebrow gel.
Who waxes their broiws on a regular basis?? How thin are they ??

renee k
08-16-2011, 06:01 AM
I do, I get them waxed everytime I get my hair cut. Being that my brows are gray. I don't think people notice that they're fem shaped. I'm almost sure that GG's notice, but then no one has said anything.

Renee

Cynthia Anne
08-16-2011, 06:33 AM
I keep my brows waxed! I find the real treat is going to the shoppe and getting it done!

drag n fly
08-16-2011, 06:54 AM
I shave my entire head, including eyebrows...In fact I only have hair on my forearms, and am thinking about changing that...When I go en femme, I pencil in high arched brows...
Very queeny...smooches Jackie

Gerrijerry
08-16-2011, 07:06 AM
I get then done every time I go to the salon for my hair. Yes I know that others notice. However no one has ever made a big deal of it. It was noticed several times and the only comment was from a woman who said I should use a little eyebrow pencil.

Tina B.
08-16-2011, 08:56 AM
I don't wax them, but I do cut them short, and pluck them as thin as I dare, sometimes a little to much. Yes people do notice.
Tina B.

eluuzion
08-16-2011, 09:52 AM
"No soup for you! (Seinfeld)

"No eyebrows for ME!" (I pencil them on, like an Etch-a-Sketch game. :heehee:

:love:

suchacutie
08-16-2011, 10:15 AM
I have been slowly raising the arch on my eyebrows for 5 years, so they are rather thin and pretty well arched. The outer edges still need to rise a bit yet, but I'm getting there. It's gotten to the point that taking care of my eyebrows is being done in self defense as in the last 10 years the hair area has widened and lengthened to the point that if I did nothing I'd have a unibrow from hairline to hairline! (Thank heavens for Tina!)

To help train my brows to some semblence of symmetry I use clear mascara lightly tinted with some brown mascara.

Alice B
08-16-2011, 10:33 AM
I have mine done every 3 weeks, with an arched brow. Never ahd anyone say a thing about it. Had them colored once and still no comment, except from my wife.

Debra Russell
08-16-2011, 10:53 AM
A few days ago my wife and I were riding in the back of my daughters car when she looked at me and said "are you plucking your eyebrows? (well yes I was) er ah no just pulling the long wirey ugly ones and and triming them so I don't have to comb them behind my ears! and yes they are startng to shape up a little :)...............Debra

Kim_Bitzflick
08-16-2011, 10:57 AM
Yes I do. They're not too thin. I have them done at a salon where I get pedicures. Only my wife & kids notice (or bother to say anything). No big deal.

Kerigirl2009
08-16-2011, 11:15 AM
I have never had them done anywhere. But I do pluck my eyebrows and they are thin, but I do not think to thin. Although they are thinner then my wife eyebrows, I still think they look good, NOW how can I work in that arch? HMMMMMM I better not.
Some day and someday soon I would like to go to the salon, But what would be better is if I could get my wife to go with me

UNDERDRESSER
08-16-2011, 12:01 PM
This thread prompted me to go do some trimming. I’ve never waxed them, sometimes done a very little plucking, starting to do more to remove the gray ones. What i usually do is the comb and electric trimmer trick to reduce the bushyness.

Lynn Marie
08-16-2011, 12:55 PM
I'm working on it. Slowly. Don't bug me!

Karren H
08-16-2011, 01:15 PM
Ok.... No one to date.... Male or female has ever explained this to me.... How do you not look like hairy mess just before you get them waxed? If I waited to do by eye brows when I got my hair cut.... I'd have a serious uibrow going!! And the hair has to be so long for the wax to grab.... Just doesn't make sense to me to look unkept for weeks at a time.... I'd rather pluck a few strays every day and always look my best.... Maybe I'm missing something....

barbie lanai
08-16-2011, 01:29 PM
Used to shave them down, but just started plucking them instead. Plucking certainly seems better, but maybe that's because I do it every day as opposed to once a week or so with shaving. Anyway they are thinner, but no arch. They are gray and behind the eye glass frames, so think they are not too noticeable.

Bootsiegalore
08-16-2011, 02:15 PM
ME ME ME ME! I get waxed brows and back!

Barbara Dugan
08-16-2011, 07:36 PM
I too get them waxed every two weeks with my haircut, the lady that do my hair knows what to do, but last time I told her to go a little bit thinner, she probably misunderstood me because she went way too thin....I have to admit that they looked great enfemme but not so good on male mode....I looked like a Gay transvestite...but wait a minute I am a Gay transvestite:doh:, people started giving me odds looks at work, I have a kind of don't ask don't tell policy with Mother and even her mentioned that my sister and aunt were planning to visit, like meaning fix those brows, My Sister's and Aunt visit is already over and my haircut is been past due 3 weeks already, I didnt touched my brows on 3 weeks and now they are a mess and honestly I feel depressed....I think my hairstylist will have a lot of work to do soon.

Jillian Faith
08-16-2011, 09:30 PM
I use a trimmer once or twice a week to keep the bushiness down and pluck the strays to keep them neutral in both genders

Rainie Ford
08-17-2011, 12:38 AM
I don't wax but I do pluck and trim. First started by getting rid of the unibrow, now I have a mild arch. Mine eyebrows are probably more man scaped than feminine.

Diane Smith
08-17-2011, 12:46 AM
I have my eyebrows waxed every four weeks when I get my hair cut and colored. In between, I pluck to keep them in shape. They're fairly femme already, but I want to go thinner and more highly arched, My hair stylist says she's not so good at creating that shape but her sister, also in the business, is something of a prodigy at eyebrows. So I'll be seeing the sister next time. This could be interesting.

- Diane

Shelly67
08-17-2011, 01:49 AM
I used to shave mine to keep them under control , but now I pluck them with tweezers . Pesky things ..... they seem to grow back at an alarming rate . Mind you , so does all the bodily hair thats shaved off . We seem to grow hairier as age ( sob , wail ) takes hold . I just hope and pray I don't get hairy ears .As my first real love is music and as a dj, I certainly don't want anything impairing my hearing . I once saw a man in his 50's with such thick black hair in his ears it looked like he was trying to smuggle a couple of snuggled tarantulas into a room .

Has anyone on here removed theyre eyebrows completely ? My god , it's scarey !!!!

I think it's worth saying , if you have prominent brows and wish to shape them , do it gradually . It's amazing how people notice the effect of trimmed , plucked brows so easily . And then ask why you've done it .
Get's tongues wagging in the workplace ...........

Ms Jennifer
08-17-2011, 03:36 AM
I tweeze mine every few days to keep to keep them thin. I have been asked at work if I thin mine. I tell them "Yes, I do. I don't want to look like Mr. Magoo." We have an older guy at work They call Mr.Magoo.who has never trimmed his eyebrows and they make jokes about it ,That when it rains his face never gets wet. So that makes them agree with me. BTW,I don't pick on the old man cause he is really a nice guy.

Kathy4ever
08-17-2011, 03:58 AM
I want to get the waxed but I tweeze and trim them. Last week when I died my hair I my brows too. My natural colr is a dark brown and now my color is medium blonde. I think I'm going light blonde next. My wife said to me the other day i better stop plucking my eyebrows or I want have anything left. Nobody has said anything but my wife.

joanna4
08-17-2011, 04:25 AM
Mine are threaded with a fem arch and I do get a little attention from them. I don't mind as I get the satisfaction when I'm dressed up. I got them done for the first time 3 weeks ago and right now I'm just plucking the stray hair weekly.