PDA

View Full Version : Common threads: sibling position

Briana90802
08-16-2011, 09:46 AM
From time to time I start noticing patterns and then just flat out ask about them. So the common things that I was that most of us have older siblings and I was wondering if the order of you birth has anything to do with a person's susceptibility to cding.

So the questions are: are you first born, second born etc? Also, if you were not first born, is one of your older sibs a girl?

Finally, unrelated question but are you Ambidextrous? Can you use both hands for things or are you strictly one handed at things? (this question has to do with functionality of the brain)

SuzanneBender
08-16-2011, 09:53 AM
I am last born with 17 years difference between myself and my next brother. So I am a quasi only. No sister and and I am right handed. Also my favorite color is clear and my lucky number is 0. :D

NV Susan
08-16-2011, 10:02 AM
I am the middle of 3 children with an older sister and younger brother. I being the only cross dresser in the family that I know of. I'm right handed in everything I do.

suchacutie
08-16-2011, 10:09 AM
I'm an only child.

I'm ambidextrous with a leaning to be right-handed as a male, but Tina clearly favors her left hand!

Lorileah
08-16-2011, 10:12 AM
this has been asked before and the consensus was, it really doesn't matter but maybe a few more firstborns. Handedness didn't matter either with a normal cross section of rights vs lefts. One thread indicated CD's may be more artistic while another said analytical.

I am the oldest, there were three boys in my family one of each. I shoot pool left handed and eat fast food left handed (so I can hold my drink in my right), otherwise I am right handed.

BeckyAnderson
I'm the oldest of three sons. And, as far as I know, neither of my two brothers have any cd'ing tendencies. I am naturally right-handed, however, I can do anything with my left hand including writing. Although, my left hand is slightly less adept at some things.

AvidFan
Youngest of 3. Both older siblings are sisters. 7-8 year age difference between them and me

Schatten Lupus
I have seen some articles that suggest each new kid a parent has, the higher the chance the kid will be gay. However I don't recall these articles taking step-children into accout. And while I don't think they mentioned transgender issues either.
My personal thoughts are the order of birth doesn't have much to do it. There are millions of things being developed, and millions of functions and wires tied together as fetus develops. And since nature hardly has a pattern of normality and is far from producing perfect specimens, I think someone being however they are is just the result of the extremely complexed process of life forming, however the egg and sperm united and the DNA joined, fused, merged, body parts developed, more genetic fusing and splitting, and so on.

Annaliese
08-16-2011, 10:13 AM
Two older brothers and one younger sister.

Edyta_C
08-16-2011, 10:17 AM
I am the eldest of two boys. Raised as a girl for 5 years since Mom wanted a girl. So one might say I was an early starter. Born a leftie and raised a rightie. I can do most things either way equally poorly.

Edy

sissystephanie
08-16-2011, 10:18 AM
I have an older sister! And I am somewhat ambidextrous, but basically righthanded! I don't think either of these have anything at all to do with the fact that I am a CD!! My sisters panties did have a lot to do with it though!

Gillian Gigs
08-16-2011, 10:26 AM
I am the third born, but there is almost 9 years and 13 years separating me from my two sisters. That would make me more like an only child. Also my Dad was not a strong influence in my life. I am left handed and very ambidextrous, which helps when it comes to working with your hands. I had the opportunity to participate in a psychiatic study on lefthandedness years ago and it was very interesting. I spent time going through many tests and found it very interesting in understanding the why's and wherefore's as to if people are left handed.

kimdl93
08-16-2011, 10:30 AM
there is research suggesting that the more older male siblings a person has (in direct line, not alternating male and female) the more likely for that individual to have feminine traits - regardless of their genetic sex. It seems that there is something hormonal remnant from the preceeding male births that influences subsequent male births. In my case, I was born after five male siblings! And no, I'm not even remotely ambidextrous.

LisaTaylor
08-16-2011, 10:36 AM
I'm the first - and eldest - of three children (almost five years between me and my sister, seven between me and my brother). I'm ambidextrous, and write primarily with my right hand (I can write with the left, but much more slowly) and do pretty much everything else left-handed. So far as I know, I'm the only CD in the family.

RiverdanceGirl
08-16-2011, 10:53 AM
I have a brother 3 years older, and I'm ambidextrous. He wears pantyhose and high heels but I think he got it from me because he always copies what I do.

Debra Russell
08-16-2011, 11:02 AM
A am ambidextrous, and have three older sisters - (have done a lot of shopping in my early years) can write with either hand frontwards or backwards at the same time and am somewhat dyslexic..............Debra

JamieG
08-16-2011, 11:20 AM
I have an older brother, but no other siblings. As far as I know he doesn't dress. I am left-handed, but prefer to do some things right-handed: play guitar (workmanly), putt (averagely) and bat (poorly).

UNDERDRESSER
08-16-2011, 11:53 AM
There could be something to this, but the problem is there are too many reasons for dressing. Are you compiling statistics on CDers that want to transition? That are Gay? That are into it for fetish reasons? Or those that just feel a female side and want to express it? It's almost a certainty that the different facets are subject to different influences, there are probably some connections, but trying to dig them out through a forum poll is likely to lead to misunderstandings.

Cherise
08-16-2011, 12:29 PM
I am the youngest of three boys, my brother closest in age is 13 years older than me, so I was raised as an only child.

I do pretty much everything right handed, but I tend to favor my left hand for knives and I can shoot a pistol left handed if I have to.

Briana90802
08-16-2011, 12:32 PM
I have seen some articles that suggest each new kid a parent has, the higher the chance the kid will be gay. However I don't recall these articles taking step-children into accout. And while I don't think they mentioned transgender issues either.
My personal thoughts are the order of birth doesn't have much to do it. There are millions of things being developed, and millions of functions and wires tied together as fetus develops. And since nature hardly has a pattern of normality and is far from producing perfect specimens, I think someone being however they are is just the result of the extremely complexed process of life forming, however the egg and sperm united and the DNA joined, fused, merged, body parts developed, more genetic fusing and splitting, and so on.

It's funny, I don't recall this thread saying anything about being gay. Nor have I reached any scientific conclusions. Merely a hypothesis which may be proven or disproven depending on the evidence given. Besides it would be presumptuous for anyone to think that just taking a cross section of the people on this board would be bassis for all of humunity let alone America or even a small society such as ours here in this community. I think you have the wrong idea about what is being asked.

JOJO44
08-16-2011, 01:28 PM
Greetings:

I am the oldest of seven (five boys and two girls), right handed and, too my knowledge, am the only one that dresses.

Tina B.
08-16-2011, 01:32 PM
I'm the third child out of four, one older sister, the rest of us are all boys. While my older brother taught me to swing a bat, and he was right handed, so I bat that way, everything else I do I am left handed 100 %. Briana, your right about it being to complex to come up with any real answers from such an unscientific random question, but fun to ruminate on.
Tina B.

Schatten Lupus
08-16-2011, 01:46 PM
It's funny, I don't recall this thread saying anything about being gay. Nor have I reached any scientific conclusions. Merely a hypothesis which may be proven or disproven depending on the evidence given. Besides it would be presumptuous for anyone to think that just taking a cross section of the people on this board would be bassis for all of humunity let alone America or even a small society such as ours here in this community. I think you have the wrong idea about what is being asked.
I was pointing out in other areas, there is some search into the order of siblings. But I think with all the other theories, for being gay, transgender, ambidextrous, or whatever, we don't yet know enough in genetics to really grasp a good enough concept if sibling order really has anything to do with it.

JenniferR771
08-16-2011, 01:58 PM
Right handed--although I shoot a bow and arrow left handed. I am the middle of three sons. 18 months younger than my older brother.

KarenCDFL
08-16-2011, 02:01 PM
I am an only child. I was born lefty but forced righty which my late, great mom explained "would give me a better life" All that did was make my right hand klutzy and my left hand pretty useless.

Vickie_CDTV
08-16-2011, 02:36 PM
I am an only (and was also premature), I would have been the first born followed by a sister and then a brother had they not been stillborn. I am primarily right handed, though I can perform electrolysis both ways.

Cynthia Anne
08-16-2011, 02:37 PM
One older sister! Three older brothers! Two younger brothers! And two younger sisters!
Only one left handed!!

Dawn cd
08-16-2011, 02:46 PM
Like Jennifer, I am the middle of three boys, and right-handed, altho I shovel snow and paddle a canoe left-handed.

Michelle_CD
08-16-2011, 08:37 PM
One older brother by three years. Right handed for most everything except plucking my left eyebrow.

Rachel Mari
08-16-2011, 10:33 PM
I'm the youngest of 11. I had 5 brothers (closest one in age is 10 years, the three oldest are gone) and have 5 sisters (three of which are between me and the closest brother). None of my brothers CD that I know of.

I write and eat with my left but throw with my right. When I catch anything, it's with the hand that gets there the quickest.

Diane Smith
08-17-2011, 12:42 AM
I'm an only child. My mother was also an only child.

- Diane

Rachel Mari
08-17-2011, 01:30 AM
I did read a book about the differences between first, second born children and how placement tended to affect their temperments as they grew up.
Such as; when the first born is of one sex and the second born is of the other sex, they would both be considered first born. It also said that if there is a big enough gap between the first born and second born of the same sex (I seem to remember something like six or eight years difference) then the second born is really a first born for their particular placement in the birth order.
I read it about 20 years ago and it was an interesting book. Coming from a large family, some of it made sense and some didn't.

erickka
08-17-2011, 05:58 AM
I'm the elder of 2. Haven't heard from my sis in 6 years, and don't even knowwhere she is in Fl. I'm ambidexterous to a point, pretty much everything except writing too much with my left.

AndreaCD1963
08-17-2011, 06:11 AM
I am the oldest of 3 boys, no sisters. To my knowledge, I'm the only cross-dresser in the family. Mom always wanted a girl - she loved it when I "dressed up" for Halloween. I'm right handed, but like Lorileah I shoot pool mostly left handed - it's just more natural feeling to me. I taught myself to be ambidextrous when I was younger due to an accident that left me unable to use my right arm for several months while it healed. I've never really thought about Andrea being a lefty - I suppose she could be with some practice although most of her writing is typed/keyboarded on HER IPad these days.

sue1965
08-17-2011, 07:25 AM
I am the youngest of 6, the 2 oldest are my sister's then 3 older brothers. The second oldest is who I "borrowed" my clothes from.
I write with my right hand but can use both for most everything else.

Michelle55
08-17-2011, 07:27 AM
4th of 4 with 13.5 years between me and closest sibling. Order of girl, boy, girl, me. I'm ambidexterous (I consider the test to be eating tomatoe soup with a spoon in either hand and NOT spill any) but favor my right hand for fine control (writing, plucking eyebrows, etc.). My father is left handed and I'm 99% sure he dresses too. Don't know of any other CDs in the family.

LoriAnn_CD
08-17-2011, 10:29 AM
Hi All,
I am the youngest of two - an older sister by three years. I think my CDing would have been later in life if I had not had an older sister. I don't think I could have worn my mother's clothes. Having a sister gave the opportunity to have more age appropriate clothes.
Love to All
LoriAnn

Mary Morgan
08-17-2011, 10:36 AM
First born, left-handed, so was my mother.

Cindygirl65
08-21-2011, 01:24 PM
I am the youngest. I have 3 older brothers and no sisters. I am right handed. Hope this helps. Hugs. Cindy.

Meredy
08-21-2011, 02:09 PM
I have an older sister only, she is less than 2 years older than I.
I was able to use either hand equally as well until I was forced to pick one in school, now I just use my right hand and have very poor writting.

Heather1129
08-21-2011, 03:09 PM
One older sister, two younger ones. I started wearing their clothes when I was about 12 years old. So many neat things!! I am the daughter my mother never had. I do most everything right handed, except drumming, which takes both of them.

Briana90802
08-28-2011, 01:22 PM
Anyone else have siblings?

Laura'sCloud
08-28-2011, 01:29 PM
I am the eldest of three i have two younger sisters one of them is 2 years younger the other 9 years younger than me, i tend to be right handed in most things i do.

xcdmargo
08-28-2011, 01:43 PM
first and right handed. interesting question you've raised

joanna marie
08-28-2011, 02:37 PM
I'm the last of 5 children,spread out over several marriages and years apart
My closest sibling is my sister 6 yrs.older
My closest brother is 17 yrs older
I was pretty much raised as an only child as my sister dot married and moved out when I was 11

Right handed but I am creative and use that side of my brain

Taylor Skyrim
08-28-2011, 06:10 PM
I have one brother 18 months younger then me was born left handed but forced early on to be right handed can do very little with left hand now. One sister who was adapted 4-5 years ago.

Dena
08-28-2011, 07:23 PM
7th out of 8. 5 girls, 3 boys in that order. I probably watched more beauty pageants in my formative years than most boys. I shared a bedroom with my older brother and 2 of my sisters until I was 10 years years old. I learned to ride a bicycle on a girls bike (with 2 of my sisters helping). Plenty of girls clothes around. I grew up right handed and left eyed, I wasn't very good in sports.

danielletorresani
08-29-2011, 02:35 AM
I am the youngest of three. I am somewhat but not fully ambidextrious.