PDA

View Full Version : Eyeglasses

Donna Marie
08-16-2011, 10:37 AM
My old glasses had titanium frames that were broken and unrepairable. I needed a back-up pair, so I took the lenses to Wally World today. They are an unusual size and shape, so the tech had a hard time finding a suitable frame. Imagine my delight when she found a good fit in the women's section. Well, they actually look very unisex - no frills or fancy colors. But heck, I took 'em gladly. Even if they look unisex, I know they are for women! :battingeyelashes:

KarenS
08-16-2011, 09:36 PM
How cool Donna. For the past couple months I have wanted to get my prescription filled with a pair of women's glasses. I know you must be enjoying them. ;-)

Kari Lynn Franks
08-16-2011, 09:54 PM
Iv'e been wearing ladies frames for the past 3 yrs and they are pink and have the heart patternson them and no one has ever said a word

Emme
08-16-2011, 09:55 PM
I just got new frames. i just told the optician, I don;t want a bulky masculine frame. She said ok, I understand. she went right to the womens frames and gave a nice light weight small lens frame. Piece of cake! Just $$$$. LOL

Cynthia Anne
08-16-2011, 09:59 PM
I just had my prescription filled for new glasses! I should get my first pair of lady frames in a week or so! Can't wait!:D

diannecourtney
08-17-2011, 09:57 AM
I await the delivery of my Sarah Palen's - they will never equal her appearance but what the heck they will bug the ex no end.

sissystephanie
08-17-2011, 10:39 AM
I do not have prescription glasses, but do use reading glasses. All my reading glasses are feminine, and have been for several years!!

Tina B.
08-17-2011, 11:09 AM
I'm a month or two out from seeing the doctor for a new prescription, and I plan on getting myself my first pair of prescription glass with womens frames. Can't wait!
Tina B.

sometimes_miss
08-17-2011, 01:13 PM
If you know your prescription, you can mail order your glasses with female frames, starting at $7 for frames and lenses. Shipping is same whether you order one pair or 10. Buy a bunch; I did, I have a pair in every color so I can match my outfits. www.zennioptical.com you have to know your 'pupillary distance'; the distance between your pupils in millimeters. Put on any pair of glasses, look in the mirror, put a dot in front of your pupil on each lens using an erasable marker. Measure. You're done.

Melody Phillips
08-17-2011, 04:03 PM
When I needed new contact lenses, I got a womens pink-ish thin frame too as a back-up. I use contacts in drab mode and my girl glasses for Melody.

Jamie001
08-17-2011, 07:53 PM
I always wear women's frames in my normal girlie-guy mode. I even have a pair of pink sunglasses.

Maria 60
08-18-2011, 04:44 AM
When i ordered my reading glasses i wanted something cheaper for work, she told me the number and to go to walmart or costco. When i went there they had all different styles, so i bought a pair of men's for work and a pair of woman's for home. The funny part is i wear the ladies glasses all the time the kids think iam wearing my wife's and not once even gave me a second look, and they are really fem little heart shape diamonds on the side and bright pink.

Eryn
08-18-2011, 08:03 PM
I just received my femme glasses from Zinnioptical.com. First impression is that the lens quality is as good as my male mode Lenscrafters lenses, and my prescription is a fairly strong one with progressive lenses. Switching back and forth I see exactly the same with both!

I ordered high-index lenses (thinner) so the cost was a bit higher than others have reported, but the delivered cost was under $90, less than half of what Lenscrafters charges!

Eryn

Patrice_CD
08-18-2011, 08:35 PM
I have two pair of femish frames. My new ones are green and are so cute!

Rosemary Jane
08-18-2011, 10:00 PM
I had forgotten my glasses on the way to work so I stopped into a CVS and picked up a pair of reading glasses. When I went to check out, the girl cashier said that they were having a two for one sale. Seizing on this chance, I returned to the register with a pair of women's glasses. The cashier said, "nice choice" as I paid. Now Rosemary Jane has her own glasses to read the posts in this form as well as other reading matter.

StarrOfDelite
08-19-2011, 10:57 AM
I await the delivery of my Sarah Palen's - they will never equal her appearance but what the heck they will bug the ex no end.

You ought to be glad about that.