PDA

View Full Version : Closet CDS: Do u have to hide your things from family and friends in your own home?

docrobbysherry
08-16-2011, 11:02 AM
I only live with my teen daughter part time and she's clueless! :heehee:
My house is FILLED with fem wear and dressing items! Every closet, armour, etc. has some bagged items, women's clothes, shoes, etc., etc. I work on masks, silicone forms, etc. in the garage. I just noticed several dresses have been hanging openly just inside an open br closet for WEEKS! My computer has 1000's of Sherry pics on it.:eek:

But, she's totally self absorbed and has no interest in what I'm doing or working on! She never snoops around and has her own computer. My married girl was VERY observant! I had to delete computer pics and keep everything else in storage elsewhere! :sad:

We rarely have company. When we do, they stay in the living areas of the house! Of course, looking at me you'd NEVER guess I do this!:devil:
So, I can now virtually hide things in PLAIN SIGHT!:D

My question to closet CDs is:
If u have your own place, how difficult is it to keep your CD things from being discovered?

misskristykitty
08-16-2011, 01:33 PM
I am a GG and a SO to my CD. We share a house with another roomie and we dohide his cding as our roomie owns the house and would kick us out.We keep everything in his closet.

suzy1
08-16-2011, 01:47 PM
It used to be a nightmare. I ended up storing it all in the attic where my wife never went.
Then as the marriage started to die I hid it under my bed in the spare room where I was banished to.
But the perfect answer came in the end. She divorced me and I got my own place.
What bliss!

A happy SUZY.

immike
08-16-2011, 01:59 PM
I'm a closet CD&own my place&I keep my femme clothes in a locked room,which is my private den/office,with a deadbolt
lock on the door.I have dresses,skirts,pantyhose,blouses&shoes(heels,etc).My den/office is private&off limits when I am
away.I keep the door locked,when I go away.I have a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders custom uniform on order

Melody Phillips
08-16-2011, 02:07 PM
My wife knows and approves of my crossdressing. I hide my things from the rest of my family. We have 2 bedroom closets and I keep my girl clothes in my wifes closet. They have no idea what's going on.

kimdl93
08-16-2011, 02:23 PM
Doc, having lived with a teen aged step daughter, I can attest to the self absorption. However, that does change as they grow up. Any concerns that as your teen daughter matures that she might suddenly become more aware and inquisitive about what's going on in the garage?

Tina B.
08-16-2011, 02:46 PM
since I'm out to my wife, I really don't have to hide it much, it's all in the master bedroom closet and dressers, but no one goes in there but the wife and I. Family and friends just don't use that part of the house, whats in the rest of the place, they would really have to snoop to find anything that couldn't be just old stuff stored.
Tina B.

Jane G
08-16-2011, 02:52 PM
Keep my clothes in my closet in our bedroom. Keep my bras pants etc in my bed side cabinets. Only my emidiate family would ever come in to our room. My yongest 19 year old son still lives at home. I'm certain he knows I crossdress though he has never seen me and we don't discuss it. It's just one of dads slightly off the wall hobbies to him, I think.

Anne2345
08-16-2011, 03:27 PM
My wife and I own a rather large house. Given that it is just the two of us and our daughter, it is probably ridiculous. But there is plenty of storage space, and rooms we use for storage, guests, or whatever. My wife has an insanely large wardrobe of clothes, so I just keep my clothes with her's. They blend in quite well. As for breast forms, shoes, etc., I keep them tucked away from prying eyes. I have easy access, my wife knows where they are, and no one will unintentionally come across it. It's actually one of the few aspects of my closeted existence that I am not worried about in the least. :)

suchacutie
08-16-2011, 03:33 PM
I'm surprised no one has yet stated what my wife and I do. Since she and I are roughly the same size on top Tina's clothes are simply hung on her side of the closet! Ok, since our feet are different sizes Tina's heels are in shoe boxes under my male shoes and the forms are behind some clothes, but most of what Tina needs is out in plane sight! No one has yet noticed!

tina

CynthiaD
08-16-2011, 03:54 PM
I make little or no effort to hide anything. I'm in my early 60's and I've paid my dues. If people don't like who I am, that's their problem, not mine.

CK

whowhatwhen
08-16-2011, 03:56 PM
The stuff I just bought is in my dresser drawer, if anyone went into my unlocked room to look in there they would find it easy enough.
Then again, that's where I also keep some other items so maybe the double shock would cancel out the clothes.

MsGreen
08-16-2011, 03:56 PM
I am a GG and a SO to my CD. We share a house with another roomie and we dohide his cding as our roomie owns the house and would kick us out.We keep everything in his closet.

I decided to read this as if you kept everything in your roomie's closet. Bold!

VioletJourney
08-16-2011, 04:38 PM
Back when I was in the closet my brother kept threatening to raid my room and see what it was I was hiding.

AllieSF
08-16-2011, 04:58 PM
I am in the closet to family, friends and neighbors. My son lived with me until he finally found his true love and we are all just waiting for the official announcement. While he was living with me, I kept and still keep everything in my closet, in under bed plastic storage containers, in some dresser drawers and in a suitcase. Now that he has gone I have still maintained that system because I never really know when he may turn up to get something he has left behind or come to borrow something that he needs, tools, maybe a dress shirt or tie. I am hoping that he will eventually move out completely and I can then re-organize my storage system and move some of my never used male clothes into the spare bedroom closet. If anyone looked closely, and that is not too closely, they would immediately have a lot of doubts and questions to ask me. When it happens, so be it.

Stephenie S
08-16-2011, 05:13 PM
So Doc, Let me tell you a story. Years ago (about 35 years ago) when I was a crossdresser, I kept my stuff in a large red trunk at the foot of the bed. It was ALWAYS locked and pretty sturdy.

I was visiting my daughter about 10 years ago when the subject of that red trunk came up in conversation. "Oh yeah", she said, "Dave (her brother) and I broke into that trunk. We were really disappointed 'cause all that was in it were some old women's clothes."

Some teenagers are a bit more inquisitive than we might like to think. Mine were.

Stephie

mercterr
08-16-2011, 06:33 PM
I am out to my family but my wife has asked not to see or hear about my cross-dressing so I bought a large individual storage drawer and I keep everything in there in our walk in closet. She doesn't see it but knows where it is. I would prefer to just keep the stuff out in the closet with our other clothes but I am doing my part to keep the peace and go at her pace.

Marcia Polari
08-16-2011, 07:33 PM
My problem is not to hide things from my people for I have a small apartment downtown Sao Paulo, in a very friendly area, just for my fem stuffs.
Problem is to hide papers, bills and stuffs of that apartment from my wife.
I've been successful so far. Guess for how long?
I'm posting some pics of my flat.

Marcia Polari
08-16-2011, 07:59 PM
Ooooppss! Forgot the closet!

Angela2me
08-17-2011, 05:42 AM
I live with my 10 yr old son and my parents board with us. They do not know about my crossdressing. I keep my femme clothes in my robe and drawers, out of site, but only as much as my male clothes are out of site. I only under-dress, dress when I know I have the house to my self (parents on vacation and son sleeping over) or I take a nature walk. My problem is when I do the laundry, where to dry my femme clothes. I think my mother may know more than she tells.

Jocelyn Quivers
08-17-2011, 08:20 AM
Every one in my household knows so I don't have to worry about hiding anything. If I do have to ever hide anything from company it's wigs, pictures, books and shoes that I have to hide. Luckily me and wife wear close to the same size in clothes so that is not an issue.

FrillyShelly
08-17-2011, 08:32 AM
I'm in the closet to everyone I know. So I have to hide everything, which really sucks. All my girly clothes are also very girly & frilly so there's no hiding in plain sight !!

racquelr
08-17-2011, 09:21 AM
Before I recently came out to my wife again (it came out years before for a brief period, but then went back in the closet for a while), I used to keep everything hidden in the basement in a duffel bag I had hidden away in a cabinet in the basement
(although in retrospect, I think she knew all along I was still secretly dressing up when I was by myself, but don't think she knew the extent of it with the collection of clothes, wigs, breast forms I had).
Anyway, I opened up about it again a few months ago after we were "fooling around" and she slipped her lingerie onto me.
I used that as an opportunity to bring up that I'd like to start dressing again and I brought stuff out of the basement, but still kept it in the duffel bag stuffed away in my home office.
Now that it's just the 2 of us in the house, the wife seems to be more cool with, and open about, my dressing. She even bought me a nice gown and robe as a Father's Day gift (nice irony there, huh?)
So, I've finally decided to get it all out of the "closet" and into our actual closet. We cleared out a drawer for my undergarments and have other stuff hanging up in the closet.
No one but us ever goes into our closet, so we don't need to really hide anything in there from anyone any more.

Pythos
08-17-2011, 09:47 AM
My skirts dresses, and pantyhose, along with make up, my one bra, and heels, are hidden from my mother. She is known to snoop.

My catsuits, leggings, boots, and such are not so hidden. Often I leave them on the ground if I have to do a quick change for some reason. I have left sheer footless tights in a similar manner.

I really hate having to hide my skirts and stuff, but that for the moment is the world we live in. I simply cannot trust my mother's reaction.

On a side note: I could really see having your own APARTMENT, that is hidden from the wife as huge grounds for divorce. You better hope she never finds out about that.

SabrinaDubh
08-17-2011, 11:12 AM
I am not out to family or most of my friends, though a few do know. My wife knows and doesn't care, so our bedroom has my girly stuff all over the place. It's all over the house too, but I pick things up and move them to the bedroom before company comes over. Not always though, because most people would see a dress or a skirt laying about and think it belongs to my wife. Shoes however... well she wears a 7.5 and I wear and 11. It's kinda hard to say that the boats belong to my wife.

MsKimiko
08-17-2011, 11:20 AM
It seems like a lot of you have the luxury of not having to hide your clothes. I am so envious of you. I have tol my SO about my dressing and she is totally against it. I have brought it up a couple of times and it has just sparked arguments. I feel bad having to dress behind her back but I feel the escape is necessary on occasion. I hide my clothings,wigs,shoes etc in some old shoe boxes at the top of our closet. She never goes to get anything up there and it is high enough that she can't reach. I know one day I'll be found out whether it be her snooping and finding it or her just coming home one day to catch me still en femme. Until I have a better arrangement this is all I can do

TGMarla
08-17-2011, 11:59 AM
My wife knows I crossdress, but doesn't want to deal with it. I respect that, so I keep it out of her face. I keep my stuff all put away in a few suitcases, and some large storage boxes that I keep on a shelf out in the garage. That which is in season stays in my closet along with my "girl kit". None of it is hidden deeply, so if my wife really wants to find it all, it's there. But she stays out of my things, and we don't have any problems with it all. I keep it just out of sight, and she seems fine with that.

larry
08-17-2011, 12:12 PM
Interesting thread. I am totally closeted. (no pun intended)That being said-I have grown children. I have actually started hanging things in 1 of the closets. I am sure it will be sooner rather than later they will snoop around and discover it. Guess I am developing an attitude(this is my life) You know I blame all of you people on this site for this. hehehe

Janine cd
08-17-2011, 12:31 PM
I hide my wigs and makeup from my teenage granddaughter and keep my bras and panties in my own dresser. The skirts, blouses and dresses as well as shoes are kept in my own closet. Since my wife is aware of my crossdressing, there is no reason to hide anything else.

Marcia Polari
08-17-2011, 01:19 PM
Ooooppss! Forgot the closet!

Also forgot to tell that should anything brings you down to Sao Paulo I can make the apt available to you. Just drop me a line.

chocker
08-17-2011, 01:33 PM
I'm in the closet to everyone I know. So I have to hide everything, which really sucks. All my girly clothes are also very girly & frilly so there's no hiding in plain sight !!

I'm similar to FrillyShelly in this regard. Though, I haven't explored deep enough to have the frilly clothes... I am very in the closet to nearly everyone... only a small handful of people know. Since I do still live at home I have a wooden box, used to be used by my sister for her massive Archie Comics collection, and I retrofitted a lock onto it. In this box I keep all of my feminine undergarments, and my few toys. Dressing is done at 2/3 in the morning in the bathroom, doors locked. (And panties under the pants as often as possible.)

Everything is hidden, and it's mostly undergarments, so leaving it out is a nono.

Piora
08-17-2011, 05:24 PM
Re: Closet CDS: Do u have to hide your things from family and friends in your own home?

Oh, yes. My 24-year old daughter is living with me and neither she, nor anyone else on the face of the planet knows about my dressing. (well all of YOU know, true) My former wife never knew, and I was careful never to leave any clues. I'm still doing that today, but I have the privacy of my own bedroom if my daughter is home when I want to indulge my habit. I keep my things in my dresser, but under my other male clothes so that it's not obvious to a casual peek.

Frédérique
08-17-2011, 06:36 PM
My question to closet CDs is: If u have your own place, how difficult is it to keep your CD things from being discovered?

I can hide things in plain sight, too, because my rooms and numerous closets are on the second floor of the house I share with my sister – she stays on the first floor, so I can crossdress to my heart’s content upstairs, and leave everything at my fingertips. We rarely get visitors, but they would remain on the first floor as well. If my ex-girlfriend came to see me, I would box up my collection of femme finery and take it to the finished attic, which also has closets galore...

It’s not difficult at all to hide my things, since there’s virtually nobody to hide them from. Besides my CD stuff, I make it a habit of hiding most of my personal things from prying eyes, including any piece of artwork I may be working on – my studio has many images turned against the wall, or hiding in closets, waiting to “come out” some day when the time is right. I am very shy across the board, and sensitive to negative comments, no matter what they may refer to. In this way, the closet is a very special and reassuring place where I can control my realm of the senses...

karennjcd
08-17-2011, 06:39 PM
"Karen" has more than taken up my ex-wife's former closet and more than half of mine as well. Both closets have high heels and boots all over the floors and the shelves, while the other has wigs and styrofoam heads. Opening the closets would reveal the obvious. Furthermore, the ex's dressers are entirely full of "Karen"'s lingerie, stockings, etc.

My adult teenage son lives with me, always has, and I don't know whether he knows or not. If he does he hasn't let on. I know teens are inquisitive and curious, and it's not out of realm that he's done exploring in my room when I'm not there. I sleep as "Karen" every night, and when my son isn't home Karen can go further than the bedroom and be more relaxed around the house.

Beyond that, there really isn't anywhere to hide stuff, which wouldn't make it inconvenient when I want to wear something. It would be no fund to crawl around the extremely hot or cold attic (nor would it be great for the clothes) every time I wanted to be "Karen", which is like every day.

Panties4me
08-17-2011, 09:47 PM
My wife knows of my "lingerie fetish". I wear panties 24/7 and have over 300prs in about six drawers in our bedroom. In those deawers over the past 12 months I have added camis and a few other items. Also in the bedroom in boxes marked "camping, gardening books" etc I have bodysuits, bras, stockings, suspenders, plastic panties, breastforms. They are so easily accessable to my wife if she were to pry. Apart from those "hiding" places, I also have a locked box in our walk-in robe and a large tool box, also locked, in my garden shed. These boxes hide the more extreme items of my crossdressing and nappy wearing. I know I could never pass or have the opportunity to go out enfemme, so outer clothes are of the menu. I often wonder what will be thought when I am no longer on this earth, and the contents of my boxes are discovered.

christina s
08-17-2011, 09:53 PM
This is why i cant wait to get my own apartment/dorm room . I have all my clothes in an old gym bag in the back of my car.

docrobbysherry
08-18-2011, 12:28 AM
Doc, having lived with a teen aged step daughter, I can attest to the self absorption. However, that does change as they grow up. Any concerns that as your teen daughter matures that she might suddenly become more aware and inquisitive about what's going on in the garage?

My garage is a shambles, Kim! I don't think she'd venture in there. However, if she did and looked around, OMG! So many masks, a number of 2 part plaster head molds, breast forms made of ALL KINDS THINGS, etc.! EEEK!

So Doc, Let me tell you a story. Years ago (about 35 years ago) when I was a crossdresser, I kept my stuff in a large red trunk at the foot of the bed. It was ALWAYS locked and pretty sturdy.

I was visiting my daughter about 10 years ago when the subject of that red trunk came up in conversation. "Oh yeah", she said, "Dave (her brother) and I broke into that trunk. We were really disappointed 'cause all that was in it were some old women's clothes."

Some teenagers are a bit more inquisitive than we might like to think. Mine were.

Stephie

This an eye opening post for me, Steph! What if my daughter ACTUALLY KNOWS? And, just doesn't give a darn?

My problem is not to hide things from my people for I have a small apartment downtown Sao Paulo, in a very friendly area, just for my fem stuffs.
Problem is to hide papers, bills and stuffs of that apartment from my wife.
I've been successful so far. Guess for how long?
I'm posting some pics of my flat.

That the NEATEST apartment I've ever seen, Marcia! It looks perfect! I'll NEVER understand how anyone can live like that! But, I REALLY WISH I could!

Marcia Polari
08-18-2011, 08:19 PM
My garage is a shambles, Kim! I don't think she'd venture in there. However, if she did and looked around, OMG! So many masks, a number of 2 part plaster head molds, breast forms made of ALL KINDS THINGS, etc.! EEEK!

This an eye opening post for me, Steph! What if my daughter ACTUALLY KNOWS? And, just doesn't give a darn?

That the NEATEST apartment I've ever seen, Marcia! It looks perfect! I'll NEVER understand how anyone can live like that! But, I REALLY WISH I could!

Doc sweetie
Thanks for the kind comments on my place.
As I said, although unlikely, anyone here who may need by any chance a place to stay in Sao Paulo, please be my guest. I only use the place very seldom, once a week at most.

eluuzion
08-19-2011, 02:21 AM
I only live with my teen daughter part time and she's clueless! :heehee:

My question to closet CDs is:
If u have your own place, how difficult is it to keep your CD things from being discovered?

:heehee:
I had almost the same scenario with my daughter! Talk about being self-absorbed!:heehee: It is typical and age appropriate behavior. As of last week, I no longer have those issues. My daughter left for her first year of college last Thursday :sad:

But I guess I was always a "natural" at this "spy" stuff. I started when I was a very young and dangerously curious child. The access trap door to the house crawlspace was located in my bedroom closet floor. I had an entire "fort" built under the house for several years. I even had a secret escape exit through the ventilation grates in the foundation. I was a real piece of work as a kid.:brolleyes:

It just flourished over the years with my curiosity and quest for exploration. Yes, I am now in the "hide-n-seek" business for real. Go figure, eh?:D

I have a secret 24x60x60 room built into the space between the shared wall of my office and bedroom. It also has copper mesh on the walls (faraday cage,lol).

Yep, I am pretty good at it. But no longer have the necessity for most of the concealment, as I now live alone everyday of the week.

:love: